• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2013 Australian Open Tennis Championships (Melbourne, Jan. 14-27)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peru

Final.

I fear for that day, if it comes, because Serena will take revenge on behalf of her sister and come down like a ton of bricks on M$.

LuuKyK

Wow, Maria destroyed her. Ive never seen her play this solid lately. She is playing GOAT. She defended like Kerber there, amazing.

qindarka

Banned
You're right. Only in a perfect world.

I really don't see how Nole can fall before the final. Only Federer or Murray can stop him here and even then, they would be the underdogs.

On a sidenote, today was my first time watching live tennis. Caught the Ivanovic-Jankovic and verdasco-Anderson matches at the Hisense.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I really don't see how Nole can fall before the final. Only Federer or Murray can stop him here and even then, they would be the underdogs.

On a sidenote, today was my first time watching live tennis. Caught the Ivanovic-Jankovic and verdasco-Anderson matches at the Hisense.

You never know, you never know.......

Anyways, these recent expositions on sport frauds like Manti Teo, Lance Armstrong, and (well not recent but still) Tiger Woods make me hope that none of the tennis superstars are involved with shady stuffs like that. Damn I don't know if my heart can take it if Federer does the kinds of stuff those guys did.

qindarka

Banned
You never know, you never know.......

Anyways, these recent expositions on sport frauds like Manti Teo, Lance Armstrong, and (well not recent but still) Tiger Woods make me hope that none of the tennis superstars are involved with shady stuffs like that. Damn I don't know if my heart can take it if Federer does the kinds of stuff those guys did.

Sadly, there is a very realistic chance that top tennis players are also doping, same with most other top athletes really. Also testing for doping in tennis is very lax, apparently.

Peru

Djoker said today he thinks tennis is relatively clean but still noted that he'd been tested _less_ lately than two years ago. Wtf?

Djoker said today he thinks tennis is relatively clean but still noted that he'd been tested _less_ lately than two years ago. Wtf?

I think cortisone is actually legal in tennis though isn't it? I remember Agassi having to shoot up before every match during his last year on tour.

lol radionova sisters going off on twitter about masha, tag team style
They seem pretty salty, should be fun if one of them ever faces her in the future lol.

Anyways pretty much more or less what I expected from the match. Venus today sadly can't keep up with the top players.

lucius

Federer said the same thing, that he is being tested less now than years ago in an interview back in November and thinks Tennis should test more.

Hampton is looking clunky out there now. I doubt she has enough to beat the #1 player when clearly injured, but she's going to delay the inevitable as long as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom