• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2015 US Open |OT| 31th August – 13th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Yeah when I wrote that she was about to serve for the match. Did not see that course of events happening.

I know, just making conversation :p I didn't expect it either. Walked away when she was serving for the match to do dishes, and came back to see her down big time in the tiebreak.

edit: seems like she's back on track.

Niraj

Ouch, Bryan Bros lost to Steve Johnson and Sam Querrey in the first round. I think this is their first year without a slam in like a decade.

Ouch, Bryan Bros lost to Steve Johnson and Sam Querrey in the first round. I think this is their first year without a slam in like a decade.
I think anytime you lose to Querrey in anything you have to reflect on that. He has the competitive spirit of a bowl of ice cream.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Anyone read Mardy Fish's piece in the Players' Tribune?

The Weight:

I want to be a success story, in my own way. And I think that retiring on my own terms, in the tournament I love the most, is part of my being able to do that.

Talking about it — and keeping the conversation going, and going, and going — is also part of that. Mental health is not a very easy thing to talk about in sports. It’s not perceived as very masculine. We’re so trained to be “mentally tough,” in sports. To show weakness, we’re told, in so many words, is to deserve shame.

But I am here to show weakness. And I am not ashamed.

In fact I’m writing this, in a lot of ways, for the express purpose of showing weakness. I’m writing this to tell people that weakness is okay. I’m here to tell people that it’s normal.

And that strength, ultimately, comes in all sorts of forms.

Addressing your mental health is strength. Talking about your mental health is strength. Seeking information, and help, and treatment, is strength.

And before the biggest match of your career, prioritizing your mental health enough to say, You don’t have to play. You don’t have to play. Don’t play …

That, too, is strength.

Niraj

lol that was priceless just now

Edit: Well this one should be over quickly.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Grigor "Dark Horse" Dimitrov out. The collapse of Novak's draw continues.

Grep

Banned
I always forget that there are GS threads :p

Can't wait to see Djokovic vs. Nadal.

What is there to see?

Nadal is playing terribly the entire year . What weapon does he have to hurt Djoković?

Ofc I would like to see that match, but favourite is pretty clear.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If Nadal wins at least one more round, he'll be fifth in the race.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
fifth in what race, points?

Race to London. Basically means ranking points earnt since the start of the calendar year, rather than the points earnt in a full year to date (i.e. a player's current ranking). Basically means Nadal (assuming he beats Fognini...) has been the 5th best player of 2015 so far; which I think is significant given how much people have written him off. He's on the way back up.

more like others are on their way down and he has no points to defend in the fall.
he had a decent enough beginning of the year and grinded a couple of 250s. he hasn't beaten a single quality player this year.

Ricker

Konta has the weirdest pre service delivery stance ever lol,but she has a great serve...she is leading Mugu 4 game to none right now in the third.(3 hour match so far)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Chung's forehand motion is so odd. Future Gulbis?

Ricker

Konta upsets Muguruza in the longest USO match since they introduced the Tiebreaker,3 hours 20 some minutes.

That was a bruising match between two big strikers who didn't give an inch. Several games went to Deuce 3, one went over 12 minutes (and another 8 minutes). In the end I think it was Konta's returning and defence that let her edge it, bringing just enough errors out of Muguruza. There will be plenty of players who make round three who'd have been blasted off the court by either of them today.

Diamond

Wow Jack Sock is currently treated on court, he literally collapsed, maybe a big sunstroke, overheat or something. Looks like he was cramping hard. He retired from the match.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Went off in a wheelchair, that's dreadful. :(

EDIT: ESPN saying he's getting urgent medical attention having gone into shock.

Omzz

Cramps? Those are so messed up cause your body just shuts down and you aren't able to do anything at all. The heat is getting to people

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Cramps? Those are so messed up cause your body just shuts down and you aren't able to do anything at all. The heat is getting to people

I think full heat stroke is more likely.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Mannarino is playing well above his rank, this is a surprisingly quality match.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
damn, that point for 30-40. Murray didn't even play badly, kudos to the Frenchman.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
gosh, what a dreadful choke by Mannarino. I'm a Murray fan and even I don't think he deserved that set.

EDIT: in fact, choke averted. well done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom