• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2015 US Open |OT| 31th August – 13th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricker

Can't believe Hercog might win this...she has an awful playstyle,sitting way back and playing defensive...Bouchard figured it out winning the first set but lost the second from that same tactic...now Bouchard is all down on herself and will probably lose to a pretty average player.

Diamond

It's terrible to say about a talented player but Schwartzman really has to battle against his height. If he was a few cm taller he probably wouldn't have lost that last service game. I really like how he plays though, discovered him against Monfils at Roland Garros this year.

Paire wins !

John Dunbar

correct about everything
another classic nadal match going on i reckon, seeing as the scoreline has moved about 3 games since i checked 20 minutes ago.

IISANDERII

Can't believe Hercog might win this...she has an awful playstyle,sitting way back and playing defensive...Bouchard figured it out winning the first set but lost the second from that same tactic...now Bouchard is all down on herself and will probably lose to a pretty average player.
Jenny back on track, 4-0 now

Bouchard's up 4-0 on serve.

EDIT: Beaten to the jinx.

It's terrible to say about a talented player but Schwartzman really has to battle against his height. If he was a few cm taller he probably wouldn't have lost that last service game. I really like how he plays though, discovered him against Monfils at Roland Garros this year.

Paire wins !
If he was a few cm taller he wouldn't have developed the skills that he has.

I don't want to see Ryan Harrison granted a wildcard to another event again.

Diamond

If he was a few cm taller he wouldn't have developed the skills that he has.

I agree you can't say for sure he would have the same playstyle, but he has such a good hand... Imagine the angles he'd find. He actually reminds me of Nalbandian on some shots he makes.

I agree you can't say for sure he would have the same playstyle, but he has such a good hand... Imagine the angles he'd find. He actually reminds me of Nalbandian on some shots he makes.
You really need to watch Nishioka play tomorrow then.

Man, Genie was grunting/squealing those last two points. Nike needs to find a way to market that.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
if winning matches is all it takes to get bouchard back on track this would be a pretty good tournament for it. won't even have to face any seeds until the quarters at the earliest, and even then it wouldn't be a top 10 player.

shame, because watching her lose in round 1 is endless fun.

Chumpion

Oh my, Doi took the first set against Bencic. Those two are slugging it out harder than in any women's match so far. Bencic was getting visibly frustrated and threw her racquet at one point.

Chumpion

Bencic is unraveling. She failed to serve out the first set, then she failed twice to serve out the second set, and to top it all off she had 6 set points on Doi's serve and lost them all. Now she has to serve at 5-6 in the second set to stay in the match.

Chumpion

Some dodgy calls from the line judges didn't help. Bencic started serve at 5-4 by hitting a clean winner down the line, which was called out. She was so upset she double faulted to 0-30 and lost the game quickly.

Oh Bencic. Completely lost her temper and emotions during a run of lost games and calls that went against her from 5-2 up to 5-6 down, came out to serve to stay in the match in tears and promptly went 0-40 down, only for her opponent to wildly choke and let her recover. And then Doi totally lost her focus in the ensuing tie-break.

totoro'd

Wow Bencic came unraveled in the end of the 2nd set, glad she recouped and won it. Must suck not having shotspot on court 11, some really dodgy calls there

totoro'd

Choke of the year from Doi? She had 3 MPs and Belinda was completely out of it.

all i can think of is Homer Simpson going "Doi!"

Doi has the weirdest hitch in her serve, not a fluid motion at all, plus being a lefty she doesn't take advantage of the lefty kick serve at all. Bencic on the other hand has a powderpuff first serve right now, makes me wonder if she's injured? I can't imagine her serving at this speed when she beat Serena several weeks ago

Bencic did acknowledge the umpire a little shake of her head, which is more than I expected after the sarcastic remarks she gave her during the match. In particular, when Doi took a very long bathroom break after the end of the second set, Bencic asked how long she'd been away, to which the umpire said 5 minutes, then Bencic asked how long she had till she had to be back, to which the umpire said a "reasonable time". Bencic wasn't impressed with that answer and said, paraphrased, "I guess I'll take 30 minutes then!" and walked off.

Venus Williams vs. Bencic is surely a shoo-in for Arthur Ashe.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Bencic did acknowledge the umpire a little shake of her head, which is more than I expected after the sarcastic remarks she gave her during the match. In particular, when Doi took a very long bathroom break after the end of the second set, Bencic asked how long she'd been away, to which the umpire said 5 minutes, then Bencic asked how long she had till she had to be back, to which the umpire said a "reasonable time". Bencic wasn't impressed with that answer and said, paraphrased, "I guess I'll take 30 minutes then!" and walked off.

Venus Williams vs. Bencic is surely a shoo-in for Arthur Ashe.

Well the momentum in the Venus match has completely shifted, so hard to say if she'll make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom