• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2015 US Open |OT| 31th August – 13th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Wow, that really looked like it was going out

gosh, what a dreadful choke by Mannarino. I'm a Murray fan and even I don't think he deserved that set.

Are you from the future?

Edit: from an alternate future? :eek:

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
How was Stan in his match? 3 tiebreak sets against a teenager from Korea, could mean anything.

he was pretty poor, tbh. If Chung was mentally a bit stronger, he'd have won, Stan didn't play better or anything in the tiebreaks.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
talking of poor performances, Bedene-Young is basically Futures-level, embarrassing watching the two of them.

Diamond

he was pretty poor, tbh. If Chung was mentally a bit stronger, he'd have won, Stan didn't play better or anything in the tiebreaks.

Wasn't THAT bad I thought, Chung held his own, he plays well, attacks the net a lot, I like that. Stan scored 62 winners (ok, vs 66 UEs) and 26 aces, not bad for a "bad day".

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Wasn't THAT bad I thought, Chung held his own, he plays well, attacks the net a lot, I like that. Stan scored 62 winners (ok, vs 66 UEs) and 26 aces, not bad for a "bad day".

lots of those were only winners because Chung is not very fast around the court. would have been 40-65 against someone better and that's a bad ratio indeed. Chung was decent, but repeatedly mentally weak and he really needs to work on court conditioning.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
also Murray is dreadful in this second set. Mannarino's level has dropped and Murray's responded by dropping his further, literally just dumping centre court floaters into the net.

also Murray is dreadful in this second set. Mannarino's level has dropped and Murray's responded by dropping his further, literally just dumping centre court floaters into the net.
I've seen this way too often from Murray, it's why I can't stand him. He draws people in with his antics like Kyrgios. His match with Bennetau at Cincy is an all time classic though.

Somebody get Jaxk Soxk on a doping regimen. Brah has prom night levels of endurance. I don't care if he starts balding at 28 like Muzza and Rafa, it needs to happen.

Youzhny needs to retire. He's a waste of space in these draws. When you get broken twice in two sets by Isner something is wrong.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Sock's problem was conditioning, he had heat stroke. I'm not really sure how he can feasibly do much about that, aside from maybe fluid control.

sam777

Murray playing terrible, he really needs to dig deep as they say.
Edit: what a shit way to gift the break point.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure what's going on with Murray, this is genuinely dreadful. He's not flattened out a single shot the entire match.

szaromir

Banned
If Murray is to win this, he needs to step it up. I'd hate it for Mannarino to collapse at the prospect of beating a top player and Murray getting away with his poor level, like Smyczek against Nadal in Australia.

sam777

2 sets up now. For a guy sitting at World Number 3 this is some shocking tennis, unless he has an injury we don't know about there is no excuse for a performance like this.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
2 sets up now. For a guy sitting at World Number 3 this is some shocking tennis, unless he has an injury we don't know about there is no excuse for a performance like this.

only thing that is injured is his pride, having regularly been blitzed by a 34 year old semi retiree.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Probably, but it hardly bodes well for the rest of the tournament. You just can't go 2 sets down in the second round as a title contender

it's not the most positive sign, but if he comes through and plays well in the next match it's not that dramatic. djokovic went 2 sets down in the 4th round of wimbledon this year, as did federer in the 3rd in 2012.

it's not the most positive sign, but if he comes through and plays well in the next match it's not that dramatic. djokovic went 2 sets down in the 4th round of wimbledon this year, as did federer in the 3rd in 2012.

Murray also came from 2 setsdown to beat Verdasco when he won Wimbledon (I think that was the QFs). I think a lot of this match is down to Mannarino's awkward style getting inside his head.

I don't think Sock's problem was conditioning, he had heat stroke. I'm not really sure how he can feasibly do much about that, aside from maybe fluid control.
He has a real bad problem with conditioning and playing in the heat. Maybe it's genetic but he needs a doping regimen to stay competitive. No reason in 2015 there should be so many retirements due to fatigue and cramps.

Chris Fowler is an insufferable cunt.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Not sure, it wasn't anything extraordinary, just as cold as a handshake can be.

considering it ended with a bagel, the loser should have the decency to just say too good and suck it up.

i think the worst handshake i have ever seen was between radwanska and lisicki at wimbledon. it does highlight a bit of a difference between men's and women's tours, since there is no way two established male players would not have hugged it out after a match like that, but radwanska barely even looked at lisicki. really soured me on that brat.

wait, Becker is a pundit on Sky? Isn't that sort of a conflict of interest? he stopped doing that for the BBC after he became Djokovic's coach.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
wait, Becker is a pundit on Sky? Isn't that sort of a conflict of interest? he stopped doing that for the BBC after he became Djokovic's coach.

bias, yes, but how is that a conflict of interest? it's not like becker can affect the outcomes of matches by commenting on them.

Diamond

considering it ended with a bagel, the loser should have the decency to just say too good and suck it up.

i think the worst handshake i have ever seen was between radwanska and lisicki at wimbledon. it does highlight a bit of a difference between men's and women's tours, since there is no way two established male players would not have hugged it out after a match like that, but radwanska barely even looked at lisicki. really soured me on that brat.

Yeah it reminded me of this one.

Basically a normal Giorgi handshake.

Haha !

Amazing opening game of the 4th set.

Yeah great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom