• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2015 US Open |OT| 31th August – 13th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I'm going to laugh when he goes farther in this tournament than any other American this year....and he's retiring after the tournament.

Assuming he wins this, I'd expect him to match Isner's results at least. I'd be surprised if Fish beat Raonic, and I'm expecting Isner to lose to Karlovic assuming they both make it there. Then again that'll probably be a tiebreak fest so who knows how those will go.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
in the top half the only hope really is that stronga makes an unexpected appearance. cilic is certainly not going to reach the level he showed last year.

poetic prediction time: tomic beats hewitt in his last grand slam on his way to win his maiden slam. the age of bernard is upon us.

Niraj

Well at least he made it a 5 set match.

Though I guess it should have been a 4 set win. Still lol.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
in the top half the only hope really is that stronga makes an unexpected appearance. cilic is certainly not going to reach the level he showed last year.

poetic prediction time: tomic beats hewitt in his last grand slam on his way to win his maiden slam. the age of bernard is upon us.

I thought Hewitt's last slam was going to be the 2016 Australian Open?

I'm hyped for Keys vs. Radwanska in round three. They've both easily beaten their first two opponents and it'll be a rematch of their Wimbledon QF, which was IMO one of the best matches of that tournament. Shame the winner gets Serena.

Also how about Daria Kasatkina, through to round 3 in her very first Grand Slam after losing in qualifying. Fortune smiles.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
last year around wimbledon, atp and wta probably thought they hit the jackpot with dimitrov and bouchard. reality is a cruel mistress.

szaromir

Banned
last year around wimbledon, atp and wta probably thought they hit the jackpot with dimitrov and bouchard. reality is a cruel mistress.

Nothing against Dimitrov, but the Bouchard hype was really getting on my nerves. At least if she was as hot as say Kournikova I'd understand the mass hysteria, but she's not anywhere near that level.

Come on Bertens, don't choke this tiebreak away.

Nothing against Dimitrov, but the Bouchard hype was really getting on my nerves. At least if she was as hot as say Kournikova I'd understand the mass hysteria, but she's not anywhere near that level.

Come on Bertens, don't choke this tiebreak away.

Bouchard went to the Wimby final, FFS. She clearly is talented. She just needs to find herself.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Bouchard went to the Wimby final, FFS. She clearly is talented. She just needs to find herself.

making a slam final is of course always a great achievement, but she did have a total cakewalk draw with an injured halep in the semi. but such is reality on the wta tour, if serena gets upset pretty much anyone can sneak through.

Niraj

Has over 6 games worth of unforced errors, still wins the set. Can't help but laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom