• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2015 US Open |OT| 31th August – 13th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Pennetta is 3-1 against Halep, but the one Halep win was this year, straight sets in Miami. The Pennetta wins were two on clay (2010, 2013) and one on hard (2013, at the US Open actually). I think she should take it.

sam777

Good for Halep, hope she wins it but that chance is like 1% when Serena is around.

Can the big man Anderson replicate his 4th round performance?

Milchmann

Azarenka needs to have a smarter schedule to improve her ranking. Hard to gain points if you play and lose to Sharapova and Serena Williams in earlier rounds.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
just when federer's match starts i have to go to bed. life is awful.

while i like gasquet, i better not wake up to find him to have suddenly developed a backbone. just take the L like a good boy.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Cahill is a much better post match interviewer than Gilbert

Darren is much better than him in general lol. Much prefer his commentary.

I sort of expected Gasquet to get destroyed as his game doesn't suit playing Federer.

But expected Anderson to give Wawrinka a tougher match especially after winning the last four meetings between them.

Yup, same here. Anderson barely gave any resistance

sam777

If the Fed vs Wawrinka is a late night I am going to be pissed as I really want to watch it. But it will most likely be very late here in the U.K.

Martina Hingis is again in the finals of both the Mixed Doubles and the Women's Doubles. She won both at Wimbledon, which means she could win 4 consecutive Doubles events across two Slams. I wonder when that was last accomplished by a player, if ever.

Martina Hingis is again in the finals of both the Mixed Doubles and the Women's Doubles. She won both at Wimbledon, which means she could win 4 consecutive Doubles events across two Slams. I wonder when that was last accomplished by a player, if ever.

Navratilova won a shit ton of singles, doubles and mixed GS dunno if she ever had 4 in a row.

times on court for semi finalists:
Djokovic: 652 minutes (10 hours 52 minutes)
Cilic: 868 minutes (14 hours, 28 minutes)
Wawrinka: 670 minutes (11 hours, 10 minutes)
Rogie: 496 minutes (8 hours, 16 minutes)

Just looked her titles up. She never managed to win the Women's Doubles and the Mixed Doubles together at consecutive Slams. Closest she came was in 1985, when she won the Mixed Doubles at both Wimbledon and the US, and lost in the final in both Women's Doubles tournaments at those events. She did however manage to win 8 consecutive Women's Doubles Slams from Wimbledon 1983 through the 1985 French.

Saty

Yeah, why is the women SF starting as a regularly scheduled night sessions? I really hope it isn't the case for the men as well.

szaromir

Banned
Navratilova won a shit ton of singles, doubles and mixed GS dunno if she ever had 4 in a row.

times on court for semi finalists:
Djokovic: 652 minutes (10 hours 52 minutes)
Cilic: 868 minutes (14 hours, 28 minutes)
Wawrinka: 670 minutes (11 hours, 10 minutes)
Rogie: 496 minutes (8 hours, 16 minutes)
Cilic must feel really grateful for that extra day of rest the top half gets between qf and sf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom