• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2015 US Open |OT| 31th August – 13th September

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cillic for me was the worst US open champion in the last 10 years or so.

I feel Wawrinka and Federer will be disappointed watching this. I expect that match to go five sets and Djokovic basically had a practice.

Man, Cilic... What a disappointment... I'm not trying to imply the guy had to perform at his best here, but he just isn't playing well at all.... I expected a little bit more from him. I've seen him play better sooooo many times....

Also I needed this match to last a long time so I could catch Warinka Federer later on live! WHY CILIC, WHY

Also, not sure about how I feel about the new semis scheduling... I worked 11 hours today, (GMT +0) tuned in on Eurosport when I got home, and I was surprised to see the warmup for the game. I liked Super Saturday actually despite it not being the smartest of ideas (at least sports-wise). I must say though that this year for me, it's just perfect that they're playing the se.is on Friday.

totoro'd

dayum how did Cilic even win this last year yeesh, no surprise Goran is his coach, they have similar mentalities, Goran could take a major walkabout at times

MIMIC

Banned
Yay! Novak makes all 4 slam finals for the first time in his career.

In addition to that, he has beat 3 defending slam champions in a single year: Wawrinka (AO), Nadal (RG) & Cilic (USO)

oti

Banned
Wawrinka should take one for the Eidgenossen and play with his left hand so Federer can save energy for the final.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Isn't Federer better in Wimbledon than US Open?

Historically. It's not like he's bad here though, he won 5 in a row, had a chance at 6.

I'm not saying Djokovic wouldn't be the favorite, I'm just saying that framing is kind of disingenuous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom