• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2015 US Open |OT| 31th August – 13th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
if you want to look for positives in this nightmare, maybe this joke of a semi won't be enough for djokovic to carry his form into the final.

it's a fool's hope, though. that trophy is going to sarajevo or wherever he keep his hoarded gold.

sam777

Cilic isn't going to win so I don't give a shit anymore, I hope Djokovic makes this a quick match so I can watch a bit of the other semi final.

IISANDERII

I hope this puts to rest the talks of Serena being GOAT. Evert, Navratilova, Graf, Court would have never lost that match.
Even if she won this tournament, she still wouldn't be 🐐 GOAT. An incredibly gifted player for sure, one of The greatest.

Just saw the Serena result, lol.

Don't know if she can be the clear cut GOAT with a result that atrocious. Then again she will still most likely pass Steffi's and maybe even Court's major count so..

zero_suit

if you want to look for positives in this nightmare, maybe this joke of a semi won't be enough for djokovic to carry his form into the final.

it's a fool's hope, though. that trophy is going to sarajevo or wherever he keep his hoarded gold.

Even if he starts slow, it's much harder to beat Djoker in best of five on HC versus a typical masters tourney.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
lol

He was on an absolute tear last year. There was nothing overrated about it.

nah

beat Olderer olding and then Kei 'can't play three consecutive matches' Nishikori

oti

Banned
So since this is horrible should I buy Star Trek on PC it's really cheap and a buddy and I want to play a couch coop game and there are so few of those on PC but I've heard it's a bad game so what to do?

SSPssp

So since this is horrible should I buy Star Trek on PC it's really cheap and a buddy and I want to play a couch coop game and there are so few of those on PC but I've heard it's a bad game so what to do?

Is this the one that was in the Humble Bundle?

Even if she won this tournament, she still wouldn't be 🐐 GOAT. An incredibly gifted player for sure, one of The greatest.
It seemed like everyone was ready to coronate her after this one. Tons of celebs were gonna be there, Graf was gonna be there, etc.

It's too bad because I wanted to see the spectacle of it all.

MIMIC

Banned
nah

beat Olderer olding and then Kei 'can't play three consecutive matches' Nishikori

That is the lamest excuse ever.

Both of his opponents were playing exceptionally well. Cilic deserves full credit.

Did you see how he served out both of those matches? Almost 4 aces on each game

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Nobody was going to beat Cilic when he was playing like that last year, but Nishikori was playing on one foot. But it didn't matter, he peaked at the perfect time. Though I guess it's hard to say how he would have done against Djokovic...that 13-0 is kind of hard to ignore.

Right now he's too busy trying to calculate in his head how many points he's going to lose once the match is over to really give it a good go.

IISANDERII

Just saw the Serena result, lol.

Don't know if she can be the clear cut GOAT with a result that atrocious. Then again she will still most likely pass Steffi's and maybe even Court's major count so..
Only if you count singles, overall she's barely halfway to Court's all time record.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
That is the lamest excuse ever.

Both of his opponents were playing exceptionally well. Cilic deserves full credit.

Did you see how he served out both of those matches? Almost 4 aces on each game

neither were. literally joking if you think us open final is an example of kei playing well. federer's ros was totally missing and kei was barely moving, it's not a surprise a decent server can get free aces off those two

if cilic had met djokovic he would have been destroyed, but kei did all the hard work

MIMIC

Banned
neither were. literally joking if you think us open final is an example of kei playing well. federer's ros was totally missing and kei was barely moving, it's not a surprise a decent server can get free aces off those two

if cilic had met djokovic he would have been destroyed, but kei did all the hard work

You think Federer's ROS was what cost him the match? Did you even watch it? Cilic was pulling Federer left and right and absolute crushing the ball with every stroke. He did what del Potro did in 2009, but in 3 sets instead of 5.

But of course you have an excuse for that, too.

And just case anyone forgot, this is Novak's second bagel against Cilic this year. Novak is Cilic's Kryptonite.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
this would have been embarrassing for a round one match. and i thought cilic would at least do better than tsonga would have.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Is this the worst beatdown a defending champion has gotten in the same slam the following year?

John Dunbar

correct about everything
cilic had like 3 winners to 16 unforced errors in the second, so it's not like djokovic even has to do anything special out there.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
You think Federer's ROS was what cost him the match? Did you even watch it? Cilic was pulling Federer left and right and absolute crushing the ball with every stroke. He did what del Potro did in 2009, but in 3 sets instead of 5.

but del potro's us open win wasn't actually a very good one. You know I'm not exactly a federer fan, and i really like del potro, but he didn't really deserve to win that one and it wasn't a quality final, they took consecutive turns choking to each other and the UE count was super high. del potro played *much* better matches that year.

Kensuke

Cilic is basically beating himself. He can't hit a winner no matter what. Djokovic's defense is amazing of course, but when Cilic does try something it's an UE. Blegh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom