• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2016 24 Hours Of Le Mans |OT| Includes a support race in Baku

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveCake

I would be amazed if Toyota ends up winning.

First year of the new car and lower budget, plus all their previous attempts (GT-ONE).

I love the GT-One's!

This has to be Toyota's best ever opportunity.

We've been here before though and woke up to a disaster. There's still 16 hours to go! I'm hoping though, it's looking great.

The guys on EuroSport said right at the start that it is going to take luck this year to win.

It needs Toyota to win, it needs a change, Audi and Porsche are basically the same manufacture really, it is also getting closer and closer each year, it is of course a endurance race but much more a 24hr sprint race now.

It needs Toyota to win, it needs a change, Audi and Porsche are basically the same manufacture really, it is also getting closer and closer each year, it is of course a endurance race but much more a 24hr sprint race now.
Imo the ACO has done a good job addressing this the past few years by tightening the fuel rules. As long as you make teams bring new tech, reliability will be a factor (which is good!).

dubc35

For whatever reason I'm not into Le Mans this year. I saw Kamui was leading early. I hope his team or Webbah's win.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
The floor is coming off the #1 Porsche, and we're hearing the #2 car is going to be called in for attention to its side number panels, just like the Audis had to.
From Motorsport

This is quite serious issue.

Juicy Bob

Thought those two single car incidents were covered under Slow Zones. Something else must've happened for them to send out the Safety Cars.

Someone hit the #44 Manor?

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Whats going on with the Porsche?
The car is being pulled apart with the mechanics cleaning up fluid off the garage floor

cilonen

What was the context for the Webber gif? I'm away for the weekend and the hotel has 6 sports channels, none of which are showing the race!

LoveCake

Imo the ACO has done a good job addressing this the past few years by tightening the fuel rules. As long as you make teams bring new tech, reliability will be a factor (which is good!).

I agree, but the cars are too reliable now, that is not a criticism it is just now much more luck, I still believe in "to finish first, first you have to finish" but you need everything to go perfectly to win now, it is still the best motor-sport race imo.

I know this is controversial but I would like to see the first chicane on the Mulsanne Straight taken out, the track has been levelled of some years back and with the way the aero on the cars now they would be ok at very high speed, I have heard many drivers being interviewed over the years and them saying that the long straight gave them a rest.

Slightly off topic, but I am wondering what are people fave cars from Le Mans (you can only pick one), Mine has to be the Mazda 787B they just went for it on the day, they just drove the car as fast as it could go and never gave up, it also looked fantastic and sounded fantastic as well.

My model of the car.

L0SyLVA.jpg

Things I miss are the JLOC (Japanese Lamborghini Owners Club) who used to take part in the race, also the Henri Pescarolo team, I also wish the DeltaWing could have made it :(

Car #84 Frédéric Sausset is still driving and now up to 38th place and 20 laps behind.

Shaneus

Just wonder up to find Webber's cat so damn low :( Tech problem? Maybe he'll never will LM24, esp after Hartley actress him out of it last year :(

Porsche seems to have the pace in the dark. Making up a pit stop is going to be a tough sled though.

Just wonder up to find Webber's cat so damn low :( Tech problem? Maybe he'll never will LM24, esp after Hartley actress him out of it last year :(
Yeah, looked to be a battle between the #6 toyota and the #1 (lead) and #2 porsches. But the #1 had an undisclosed issue, dropped to 4th, and then went into the garage something like 40 minutes ago. Seems likely that it's electrical since there was an issue with the lights on the side panel, but so much of these cars are 'electrical' these days that that doesn't really narrow it down...

Humidex

Water pump issue. Hence the high temperatures and that they've had to rip out the back of the car to repair it...

Humidex

Was it confirmed to be a water pump and nothing else? Genuine question, why would that take so long?

Could easily be a cover for a multitude of gremlins that we're not being told about. Whatever it is, I'm on the Eurosport feed and the #1 ain't moving any time soon.

Was it confirmed to be a water pump and nothing else? Genuine question, why would that take so long?

With that much of dry ice we know for sure that it was something related with temperatures going high.

Maybe changing the pump also includes changing tubes that run through the car...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom