• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2016 24 Hours Of Le Mans |OT| Includes a support race in Baku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobius 1

Audi drama, as expected.

Statham on the premises.

Truth in 24 III, in theaters September 26, 2016. Tickets on sale now.

Declaring my allegiance to Toyota this year. Enough with porsche and audi! Win one for glorious Nippon!
Rain coming again and all the field on slicks now.
Going to be carnage
Will come down to who's where on the track when rain hits.

5 out of 6 LMPs have already led? Excellent

dalin80

Banned
7 Audi is down at the bottom so could take until the morning to get back amongst the LMP1 runners.

Buemi in the 5 Toyota has had meh pace for too long now, unless he is trying to save a laps fuel then that car is dropping out of contention at this very early stage.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Glad I have this set -

lego-audi-r18-e-tron-quattro-set-75872-15-2.jpg

coiler

I think Audi is 12 and Porsche 13, but yeah. Toyota with a fuel edge. Wonder what tire wear looks like between the 3.

I think the same, Toyota was the only one at Spa that could double stint tyres.
With the BoP you can skip GT Ferrari and Ford are like in a different class...

They're all running in a 13 laps schedule. And I'm pretty sure that all of them can triple stint tyres easily.
Audi is up to 13 on their last stint.
Porsche on 13.
Toyota has done 14 twice now (x2 cars), safe to say they can make it work.

they're all double stinting tires right now, seems like?

Interesting to me are that 4th place toyota and the 5th place porsche. Haven't had the pace, but I have to think that's intentional with the P1 reliability issues we've seen this year. Go flat out with one of your bullets, save the other for later.

Not this year, only Toyota can do that more or less.

Neither Audi or Porsche changed rubber after the change from rain to slicks, so they're all on a third trip with the same set.

And Toyota got 14 laps this stint. We'll have to see if they can pull this off every stint.

Neither Audi or Porsche changed rubber after the change from rain to slicks, so they're all on a third trip with the same set.

And Toyota got 14 laps this stint. We'll have to see if they can pull this off every stint.
Yeah, triple stints all around. Good call.

According to RLM toyota's done 14 the last 2 stints.

coiler

One way or another Toyota will have the 14'th stop free. The other thing is if they can use it as an advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom