• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 3rd Super Robot Wars Z - Jigoku-hen |OT| Localized when hell chapter freezes over

Lucis

Ha, finally aced Tieria and it turns out that his bonus only activates on enemies he attacks. So much for that I guess.

Always check japanese wiki, akurasu has small mistakes here and there all the time

ティエリア・アーデ
気力130以上で、戦闘した相手チームに次の自軍フェイズ開始時まで「分析」が掛かる。

Zengar

anyone know if the shoot down count gets passed to new game + at 50/75/100% rate like money/zchip/pp or is it 100% from the first get go?

that would make acing butler and zechs a lot more worth it (i have zechs teamed up with heero, so he doesn't get many kills at all lol)

Kill counts carry over 100%

CorvoSol

Sousuke has over 100 more kills than the 2nd place dude.

I should probably stop sending him and Heero rushing into the thick of things.

zeroshiki

Sousuke has over 100 more kills than the 2nd place dude.

I should probably stop sending him and Heero rushing into the thick of things.

There comes a point when you ace somebody so much and max upgrade their skills and units that the game feels like a joke when they're on the map.

This happened to me in Z2-2 with Kallen. By the midway point, she had 100+ more kills than the next guy and had so much PP left over that I was skipping using her in battles because it would inevitably turn into her pwning everything and got boring.

Bebpo

Banned
Have any of the Japanese sites figured out how to get the "good" version of the two routes in the final split? I want to make sure I get it since I play these games once. Pretty annoyed they pulled another "mysterious conditions for major route split". Got lucky with Z2-2 and got the happy good route where Lelouche is a bro. Gonna be pissed if I miss whatever the "happy good" route is this time and pissed again if Z3-2 has another stupid split like this.

I'm still pretty early, so hopefully I haven't missed anything key yet. On stage 14. So far I'm maxing Geneon, Chirico, and Wing Zero. Money is pretty sparse so far, hopefully it gets easier to have a lot more cash later on. Would like to max out Gurren Lagann, Mazinger, Aquarion Evol, Unicorn, Nu Gundam, Gunbuster; basically all the story leads. Not spending any money on Sousuke because Arbelest has shitty animations and seems pretty sucky!

CorvoSol

When does Unicorn Gundam start turning into a Gundam? Cuz like, it stays a Unicorn every fight I put it in.

Also when the heck am I going to start seeing new shows? I tend to get one unit a fight and its usually someone I already have.

Also also FUCK BLACK OX SO MUCH. SO SICK OF THIS SHIT UNIT PULLING THIS SHIT STUNT. Bad enough it runs out into the enemies and blows up in Z2-2, now it does it again. Fuuuuuuuck. This is why I never use your crap ass.

Naite

Got halfway into mission 58 and
Chou Ginga Dai Gurren showed up, Shin Getter shoots a Getter Beam at it and now it transformed into Chou Ginga Gurren Lagann, then Rebellion started playing on a permanently loop, with vocals. So hyped for the last few stages now.

Jubern

Have any of the Japanese sites figured out how to get the "good" version of the two routes in the final split? I want to make sure I get it since I play these games once. Pretty annoyed they pulled another "mysterious conditions for major route split". Got lucky with Z2-2 and got the happy good route where Lelouche is a bro. Gonna be pissed if I miss whatever the "happy good" route is this time and pissed again if Z3-2 has another stupid split like this.

We don't know for sure yet, it's all speculation and will likely remain so until they release the perfect bible in a month or two.

When does Unicorn Gundam start turning into a Gundam? Cuz like, it stays a Unicorn every fight I put it in.

On the "Go investigate Neo Zeon" route you get NT-D on stage 25, on the other route it's on 24 or 26 I think. The transformation is available from 130 will and lasts 5 turns.

Tsukumo

I'm still pretty early, so hopefully I haven't missed anything key yet. On stage 14. So far I'm maxing Geneon, Chirico, and Wing Zero. Money is pretty sparse so far, hopefully it gets easier to have a lot more cash later on. Would like to max out Gurren Lagann, Mazinger, Aquarion Evol, Unicorn, Nu Gundam, Gunbuster; basically all the story leads. Not spending any money on Sousuke because Arbelest has shitty animations and seems pretty sucky!

All of this are unconfirmed, but likely requirements:

- On stage 41 at the choice "trust Char/don't trust Char" select "trust Char".
- Convince Goora (don't know who he's supposed to be)
- On Merida Island route have Banaji on Unicorn destroying the Jambro. Roni should survive the scenario.
- On Japan route select "suspend Eva 3 deployment test".
If you get enough points you will get a choice on mission 49, when Advent will ask whether you want to challenge destiny or accept destiny.

Zengar

I got the choice on my 1st playthrough:
-I did trust Char
-Convinced Goora (The prince dude from Tetsujin)
-Did not go to Merida island
-Did not suspend Eva03, so I got Mari instead
-Got all the SR points though.
I think SR point is definitely a requirement.

squall23

I got the choice on my 1st playthrough:
-I did trust Char
-Convince Gera (The prince dude from Tetsujin)
-Did not go to Merida island
-Did not suspend Eva03, so I got Mari instead
-Got all the SR points though.
I think SR point is definitely a requirement.
I don't think so, a lot of people on /m/ claims to have full SR points up until that point and they still didn't get it. Actually, there was even a streamer who stayed in normal difficulty and still got to the route.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know where I can find sprite rips of the character portraits? I've seen individual ones floating around all over the internet.

Bebpo

Banned
I don't get some of the cheaping out stuff. Like why remove all the cut-ins from map attacks? Because they looked fine on PSP and they should look fine on PS3. Even if they were too low-resolution, it probably would take like 30 mins to trace it at a higher resolution since it's a freaking STILL.

Map attacks feel a bit lacking now since they don't have 3d effects of an isometric SRW and they don't have the cut-ins of Z2. Z2 was all about upping the cut-ins everywhere (plus tons of dynamic kills), it's so weird going back to fewer cut-ins. I liked the whole thing they were doing in Z2 where all the gundams got realistic size cut-ins. I really wish they'd kept that for Z3.

Beth Cyra

I don't get some of the cheaping out stuff. Like why remove all the cut-ins from map attacks? Because they looked fine on PSP and they should look fine on PS3. Even if they were too low-resolution, it probably would take like 30 mins to trace it at a higher resolution since it's a freaking STILL.

Map attacks feel a bit lacking now since they don't have 3d effects of an isometric SRW and they don't have the cut-ins of Z2. Z2 was all about upping the cut-ins everywhere (plus tons of dynamic kills), it's so weird going back to fewer cut-ins. I liked the whole thing they were doing in Z2 where all the gundams got realistic size cut-ins. I really wish they'd kept that for Z3.

I was pretty surprised by this.

I finally saw that Wing Zero EW has a RTB Map attack, but they didn't even have a cut in for that either. Granted I was sure given the group system they would have went A3 with it and had RTB be it's g-attack but the fact it's neither still leaves me shocked.

Bebpo

Banned
I hate all the Gundam Wing sprites. Wing Zero looks really off. Like it went through a sharpening filter or something. The colors also seem weirdly off-white and not a nice white like Wing Zero should be. And then the animations...yeah.

Whoever was in charge GW sprites did a bad job and Z3-2 really needs to touch them all up.

Beth Cyra

Zero's Wings are really badly done.

One thing about the SRW team is they usually put in so much work making the suits look amazing in the Chibi Form. However Zero just looks like garbage some of the time.

Take Buster Rifle full Power, if you look at the center wings on his back while he is floating they are just bent and oddly shaped. I really couldn't believe this was the same people who did Z1 and the two Z2.2 games.

Well this wasn't how I was imagining EW to be brought into HD. Hopefully my boy Grendizer will fair better when his time comes.

Lucis

Just started the game, any pilot skill recommandation to sent pp on? Is "attack again" still any good?

It can be good, Amuro has it by default try it on him, most likely it wont trigger on boss unless you raise the stat up a lot

Usually anyone important I give them the +10 moral at start thing, along with some parts and being top ace and basara's song, starting at 135 moral and just go wipe the board lol (really helps with lots of SRs)

Shouta

Sandrock looks solid enough, lol. A lot of other series got new cut-ins though. The Great Knot Punisher for Dai-guard got a new Dynamic kill for example.

Bebpo

Banned
Sandrock looks solid enough, lol. A lot of other series got new cut-ins though. The Great Knot Punisher for Dai-guard got a new Dynamic kill for example.

Dai-guard looks pretty bad though. He's another sprite that looks like it went through a sharpening filter. Most of the Z2 sprites look nice, but Dai-guard just looks rough.

Also I really wish they'd do a paid DLC to get some of the Z1/Z2 songs back. I guess I can just track them down and use them as custom DLC, but that sounds kind of pain in the ass. Prefer Mazinger's first OP and would rather use a different track for Geass and probably Destiny. I mean I appreciate that they gave us new songs for these returning series, but sometimes they're not as good.

Beth Cyra

Actually Rock does look very nice. Outside of a cut in or D Kill he is pretty much perfect. Granted he sorely lacks his SRW W final, but that was really too good for him anyway.

Bebpo

Banned
Just got prompted for a patch on ps3. Let's see how the load times are (to be fair, I've kind of gotten used to them by this point).

Bebpo

Banned
shinn and kira seedface.jpg

This is way worse (he looks like 10 years older than his character should be):

WP_20140423_18_43_52_Pro_zps3c52981e.jpg

When has Kaworu ever done the smug face?

This is Kaworu:

71728.jpg

This is way worse (he looks like 10 years older than his character should be):

WP_20140423_18_43_52_Pro_zps3c52981e.jpg

When has Kaworu ever done the smug face?

This is Kaworu:

71728.jpg

I know he's supposed to be looking up in the Z3 pic but it still looks like his ears were surgically re-attached to his neck.

I think this is the first SRW where I had a kind of WTF reaction to some of the portraits.

welp i got the game a few days ago and i'm currently in the frist space route.

kinda awsome that hero and setsuna apeared piloting grunts lol

so far the games is really fun

Naite

So after buying System TEU, I've noticed some of my teams start the level with max tension while others only start with +1. Anyone know why that is?

Tsukumo

So after buying System TEU, I've noticed some of my teams start the level with max tension while others only start with +1. Anyone know why that is?

You are far into the game (mission 58 or so) so I guess those are your ace units.

Jubern

I'm around stage 29 now and any semblance of difficulty has pretty much disappeared I guess. Most of my units are at 50%, which is bad enough normally but with everyone getting the FUB that early it's ridiculous lol

I don't really mind though, I play SRWs for the ride and not for difficulty.

Tsukumo

anybody knows what the new patch does? My PS3 downloaded a new patch today, seems weird they would release another one so soon.

Shouta

It's probably a DLC enabler.

I got a bunch of it myself and I had some fun with the maps despite most of it just being side-stories. I laughed hard at the MacF/Mac7 DLC.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I enjoyed aquarion prostrating its way to victory. The DLC so far just seems to be a vehicle for additional parts and conversation though. The stages themselves feel a little lackluster and as if they're designed so you can't lose.

These Mycenae stages from Mazinger are pretty long! They can always attack twice in a row and they have a decent amount of HP, too. If you get them low enough you can keep using Continuous Action and wipe them all out though. Chirico was a big help with that. :)

Zengar

These Mycanae(am I spelling this right?) stages from Mazinger are pretty long! They can always attack twice in a row and they have a decent amount of HP, too. If you get them low enough you can keep using Continuous Action and wipe them all out though. Chirico was a big help with that. :)

Seriously, those Mycenae levels were the hardest levels in this game on my 1st play through. The Mycenae gods hit like a brick, have good accuracy, high levels and double movement. I lost Dancougar, God Mars, and Getter on that Mazinger final stage, and they all have customize bonus.

Top Bottom