• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 4th Democratic Primary Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
To anyone who thinks they're being harsh on Bernie....if he gets the nomination, I'd recommend going to Canada for a few months. If you think Andrea Freaking Mitchell is hitting him hard.....

First of all, "GAF" doesn't do anything, as it's composed of thousands of members with differing political opinions. You are part of GAF, so attributing a monolithic opinion to it different than your own is both inaccurate, and irritating as shit.

Secondly, there's no dilemma here. Online skews younger and more liberal, which is Bernie's constituency, whereas Hillary's is old people and minority voters, with old people more likely to answer polls in papers, polling, and Cable channels for a variety of reasons. What we're seeing is both candidates doing well with their constituencies, in different places.

Neither side really wants to accept this, because it points to big weaknesses with both candidates, which is a disconnect from important parts of the base.

Of course GAF isn't an all-agreeing hivemind. I was light-hearted generalization based on frequently expressed perspectives. It's self-evident that there are individuals who disagree.

I did acknowledge that online polls aren't representative of the majority. I wasn't implying they were. I was merely contrasting online polls with gaf's opinion.

Like I said, the majority's opinion will be known by the end of this year.

Doesn't Disney own a bunch of youTube channels? I wouldn't be surprised if whoever owns NBC also owns the youTube channels being promoted here.

Miracle

By the Gods, I would LOVE to see and Sanders vs Trump Presidential debate! America...please don't fuck up this golden opportunity! *fingers crossed*

Even though unlikely, I would also love to see this.

It would be by far the most entertaining debates ever. The constant back and forth would be glorious.

kendrid

Banned
Banner across cnn.com's website right now:

Breaking News:
Sanders: Some middle class families will pay more in taxes under my health plan

Four debates in and Hillary still has a problem answering Wall Street questions against Sanders.

I hope her campaign prepares her a lot better for Trump.

And then what? Students aren't homeowners. Reduced spending from students will not cause a recession, and there is no equivalent bundled security of student loan debt like there was pre 2008
That's true. Major thing is that it's going to force us to re-invent how education is done.

Oh fuck. Now it's Chuck Todd. When will that woodchuck on his chin just devour the rest of his face?

And you have your general election preview my friends. Enjoy.

Exactly. He gave us a great sound bite. We have Hillary on record saying no new taxes on the Middle Class and we have Bernie Sanders saying "Only a little bit."

You do not win an election by telling someone you're going to raise their taxes. You tell them you're going to raise someone else's. People are fine with that, by and large.

Prompto

Banned
Four debates in and Hillary still has a problem answering Wall Street questions against Sanders.

I hope her campaign prepares her a lot better for Trump.
Yeah she really needs to get better on answering questions about Wall Street. She stumbles and awkwardly pivots every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom