• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 4th Democratic Primary Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacyzero

Banned
No please gif it if you can. I need it. :p

bitchpleaseixs46.gif

Ionic

The middle class doesn't need to be taxed more

The American middle class needs to have to pay less to survive. A small tax hike working in conjunction with a massive decrease in health payment to make a net positive to spendable working class income while bettering health coverage seems lovely.

Sianos

Why would he? Dude has so much venom towards the left on these things. Had to turn off a recent GOG show where he was playing the victim card for being a Republican.

republicans should be banned from the emotion they call "offended"

at the very least they must be tarred and feathered with their favorites as punishment for their transgression - outrage culture, political correctness, thin-skinned, etc, etc. all invoked in hopes that people make the neural connection that decrying civility as a general principle means people might shockingly be mean to you too in retribution

BUT I DIGRESS

Everyone should be taxed more for equal and all encompassing health reform.

Swing voters don't care about equality, they care about themselves.

Baby, you can bet your bottom dollar that 42% of the American public are going to vote for Trump in the general election regardless of who the Democratic nominee is.

40%-42% of either party would vote for their nominee if they killed a baby on stage while lighting a bald eagle on fire.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Someone posted this in another thread.

"The RNC is sending reporters multiple rapid response emails defending Bernie Sanders from Clinton's attacks. Very unusual."

In case anyone was wondering who they think the easier target is.

don't care what the Reps do, they won't win the general anyway

Jeels

I'll accept slightly higher taxes if I'm not getting my health insurance removed from my paycheck through my employers plan. Are people seriously this fickle and stupid?

Didn't we basically make a deal a long time ago with Saudi Arabia that we would protect them in exchange for their oil? Or was whoever told me that full of shit

No
Healthcare shouldn't cost the outrageously high costs that if does. Taxes us more to pay for it is nonsense. Attack the medical field and their unregulated high costs

I would agree with you. I pay more now than before ACA. The fix didn't work. America needs to go single payer now.

No
Healthcare shouldn't cost the outrageously high costs that if does. Taxes us more to pay for it is nonsense. Attack the medical field and their unregulated high costs
Dude. ALL the equipment I work with is broken and we're always under-staffed. I've seen cardio thoracic surgeons come up to a floor to prep yet another surgery after being in surgery for 16 hours already. We ain't over paid and we're trying to put out house fires with water pistols that cost $5k a crack.

The cost is coming from private insurance companies, colluding supply companies, and pharmaceutical companies.

MGrant

The middle class doesn't need to be taxed more

I'm originally from America, but I live in a country with universal healthcare now. My taxes are higher, as a percentage of my income. But because there is no such thing as a health insurance premium here, I save thousands of dollars on healthcare every year. That's what Bernie's talking about.

Aaron

It's this kind of hubris and denial of reality that leads to losing.
With the current crop of candidates, it's seriously impossible for the Republicans to win the general election. The GOP is too fragmented and no candidate can gain signficant support from traditionally Democrat groups.

SmokeMaxX

I'll accept slightly higher taxes if I'm not getting my health insurance removed from my paycheck through my employers plan. Are people seriously this fickle and stupid?

That's not really the problem. The problem is that the GOP media machine will blanket the airwaves with "Sanders will raise your taxes!" To them, it's an easy decision on whether to raise taxes or not.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I'm originally from America, but I live in a country with universal healthcare now. My taxes are higher, as a percentage of my income. But because there is no such thing as a health insurance premium here, I save thousands of dollars on healthcare every year. That's what Bernie's talking about.

He probably knows that, but is being disingenuous because it suits him.

blackjaw

That's certainly a simple way to look at it. If the extra taxes is less than current healthcare costs it is a net benefit for middle class.

Hard to get behind something when you don't know how much it will cost....1% tax on income is a lot different than a 5% tax on gas or a flat $2500 per person per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom