• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 56th Annual Grammy Awards |OT| Sunday, the LORDe's day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

Kendrick not sweeping the Rap category is criminal in a hip hop head perspective... but it was spected that Macklemore would've won, this is Grammy!!! ):

Be8ffW_CAAAzIsl.png:large

Your rap gods

bishopp35

It`s amusing that Ryan Lewis just won a shitton of Grammys and everybody forgets about him. He is like the most non-famous famous person.

we can all hold out hope that Kendrick pulls off the AOTY win still. Arcade Fire lost their category but won AOTY a few years ago.

GKMC winning AOTY is very unlikely if he can't even win in his own category in which he dominated. Besides there are too many other “safe” options contending for AOTY.

Kendrick will win nothing and thus prove the argument to idiots all over that rap is a horrible genre and Macklemore is the best thing to happen to it.

Gorillaz

Arcade Fire probably will win AOTY. K Dot ain't winning shit

he really is the Daniel bryan of rap tonight

I liked Reflektor alot tho so I would be happy if they win it.

McNei1y

we can all hold out hope that Kendrick pulls off the AOTY win still. Arcade Fire lost their category but won AOTY a few years ago.

That's what I'm hoping for but I'm not expecting it.

But isn't that because Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix wasn't even in the AOTY category? The Heist is in AOTY unfortunately.

Edit: I'm thinking of the wrong thing. Anyways, I doubt Kendrick will win AOTY.

iamblades

Macklemore won best rap album? ...wow.

I'm too young too know (or care) but were the grammys ever a credible award show?

Not that I can ever remember.

The fact that the completely ignore hard rock and heavy metal(as well as hip-hop) to this very day baffles me.

I mean even taking it as a given that the Grammy's are a popularity contest celebrating the music business rather than rewarding legitimate artistic achievement, how the fuck does Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin or AC/DC never win a Grammy?

Sgt Pepper's is still the heaviest thing to ever win a major grammy, lol :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom