• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 58th Presidential Inauguration Ceremony: President Donald J Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekai

Trump's family look so fake....idk why.....they just look so fake.

Barron look sullen and like he doesn't even want to be there. That body language/facial expression.

Ensirius

I'm sorry this is bs, just because there are a lot of apathetic voters and a small sliver of white democrats that didn't show up in the midwest doesn't mean people weren't enthusiastic about her. There were lots of people, particularly in the northeast and west coasts but also more people than ever in the sun belt and even states like Texas that were enthusiastic about her platform, one of the farthest left platforms in the history of the country, even if she wasn't the most charismatic.

Screw this revisionist history bull shit. Trump just bought out more racists and bigots then ever and Hillary failed to bring out a small sliver of the democratic electorate.

Plenty of people voted for her because they wanted her to win. Look at the primary.

To clarify I am NOT a Trump supporter at all.
I believe things would have been a lot different if the democratic party realized the main focus of this election was connecting with the people telling them they were done with the status quo, and Hillary was the embodiment of the stablishment.
Bernie was connecting a lot more with young people.

Sephzilla

Obama shaking Trumps hand reminds me of this

tumblr_nf6hlirj2f1rg89a6o1_1280.jpg

Dalibor68

Banned
Ivanka is really good-looking, now denying that.

Barron looks abit like >tfw have to be at my fathers inauguration instead of playing videogames

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Not just you. That has been my impression all morning
He's probably had to meet a lot of competent, responsible people who actually care about the country today, and dealt with a lot of "what the fuck are YOU doing here, you piece of shit" looks all day.

That's how this guy looks when he's not hiding behind fucking Twitter.

Aselith

I'm sorry this is bs, just because there are a lot of apathetic voters and a small sliver of white democrats that didn't show up in the midwest doesn't mean people weren't enthusiastic about her. There were lots of people, particularly in the northeast and west coasts but also more people than ever in the sun belt and even states like Texas that were enthusiastic about her platform, one of the farthest left platforms in the history of the country, even if she wasn't the most charismatic.

Screw this revisionist history bull shit. Trump just bought out more racists and bigots then ever and Hillary failed to bring out a small sliver of the democratic electorate.

That's not true. Trump won with lower turnout than prior candidates and people around Hillary were telling her she was screwing the pooch as she did it including Bill Clinton and Obama.

It was a poorly managed campaign that focused significantly, particularly at the end, on Trump being a bad dude instead of the positive outcome of a Hillary win. The only reason people thought Hillary was a lock in because it was a "good enough" campaign to beat a terrible candidate. The more we learn about the inside story the worse it looks.

HotHamBoy

Yes, but he at least acted Presidential. There is a good chance that Trump will be MUCH worse for this nation than Bush ever was, and that is an achievement considering his administration was partly responsible for the global economic crash.

On the national stage, Bush was a joke. But he looked like a President even if he talked like an asshole. And he seemed to have some concept of what the job entailed and some respect for the position and responsibility.

Trump is a farce. He does not respect the job, the responsibility, the country or anyone or anything but himself. He's also a fucking buffoon. He looks and acts like a clown. He is willfully ignorant and self-aggrandizing.

He is the perfect embodiment of our country's modern values.

Abelard

Not to be rude or anything, genuine question, is Baron suffering from a mental illness or a disability of some sort? Something always seems....off about him whenever I see him.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Crowd looks a lot fuller than what people were saying?

For Obama's second inauguration I was all the way back on the lawn on the street that crosses in front of the Washington monument.. It was freezing and I got there 3 hours early.

This is not a large crowd.

MikeDown

Banned
Can't tell if people are serious saying they miss Bush...

Like, he kinda fucked this country and the Middle East for the foreseeable future.
He definitely could have done a better job in that respect, but then again so could Obama. The Middle East has been a clusterfuck ever since the Sykes–Picot Agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom