• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 58th Presidential Inauguration Ceremony: President Donald J Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanN

Banned
0u4InTj.jpg

rjinaz

Dude the first post I quoted literally called for all Trump supporters to be banned. Hence the echo chamber comment. That's when the reading comprehension brigade decided to jump on my post without reading the context, and I somehow became a racist Trump supporter all of a sudden? I can't keep up with what narrative is being created for my posts in this thread.

Yes you picked out one person and then threw out echo chamber indicating the entire forum and hence the multiple replies. This is what happened. Unless you think tons of people were calling for bans of Trump supporters.

ReAxion

I don't have a problem with some of his cabinet picks being "establishment"...being politicians. I think it's smart for the cabinet to have some experience and political know-how.

In the end, Trump has the final say. He's too much of a control guy to let his cabinet walk all over him.

every confirmation hearing has proven they have no idea what their position entails.

his son literally promised VP picks full control.

The BBC fucked up the subtitles.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kaytality/status/822484181133377537

Hahaha, far better then what Trump actually said
This is why I watch subbed. This is way better than the time they called Micheal Schumacher Sue Shoe or the time they referred to the Labour leader as Our leader.

So I had a work meeting before Trumps speech. What did he say?
His most often used words were America, American and Americans.

RDreamer

+1

The cynicism here :\

He is the President now(even though hes a piece of shit), go in with an open mind. Ignorance doesn't combat ignorance

What if you gave him a chance and he already ruined it with everything he's done since winning?

So much ridiculous pessimism in this thread. I'm not happy with the result of the election either, but I'm hoping for the best. Some of you guys need to grow up.

Growing up means paying attention to what's happening. This isn't hour zero right now. he's already made some amazingly bad choices with his cabinet picks. Those are choices so bad I couldn't have even fathomed some of them.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
LOL are Trump defenders getting sensitive?

The irony is just much.

Enjoy the shit show everyone, and stay safe protesters!

Trump's speech had some pretty clear coded language for getting rid of "political correctness" in favor of "patriotism" that would allow everyone to speak openly at last. Which is to say, declaring mexicans are drug dealing rapists, black people are criminals perpetuating "American carnage" in the inner cities, muslims are turrists with a fake religion, women should know their place, and ultimately white people know what's best.

This is basically what alt-reich Trump fans have been celebrating, their perception of the public forum being officially declared a safe space for actual bigots and nationalists.

Vixdean

Trump is a horrible racist but let us not rewrite history here.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/28/...low-wage-jobs-than-better-paid-ones.html?_r=0

The vast amount of jobs created under Obama were primarily in the service or retail industry. Working shifts at the strip mall hawking cellphones inbetween your second and third jobs at Dunkin Doughnuts and McDonalds just to survive because a living wage is apparently asking for too much isn't the base of a strong economy. It's a crumbling economy.

That article is nearly 3 years old. Since then we've added millions more jobs and the poor/middle class saw the largest pay raise in decades. Obama's positive economic record is undeniable.

Yes you picked out one person and then threw out echo chamber indicating the entire forum and hence the multiple replies. This is what happened. Unless you think tons of people were calling for bans of Trump supporters.
But his post was ridiculing that person's request, not the whole forum's... sooo...

Reading comprehension. He didn't say NeoGAF was an echo chamber, he made fun of the other guy's request to create an echo chamber.

Trump is a horrible racist but let us not rewrite history here.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/28/...low-wage-jobs-than-better-paid-ones.html?_r=0

The vast amount of jobs created under Obama were primarily in the service or retail industry. Working shifts at the strip mall hawking cellphones inbetween your second and third jobs at Dunkin Doughnuts and McDonalds just to survive because a living wage is apparently asking for too much isn't the base of a strong economy. It's a crumbling economy.

Correct. Anyone that actually digs into the job data knows this and its one of the main reasons that the unemployment data doesn't actually detail the strength of the economy.

I'm willing to show people the data to prove your point, but I realize awhile ago that many people don't want to dig in on it.

every confirmation hearing has proven they have no idea what their position entails.

his son literally promised VP picks full control.
In the end, they're still politicians (most of them) and intelligent people, save for Rick Perry...lol
But knowing the rules of the game is gonna help, regardless if the person knows nothing about nuclear energy like Perry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom