• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 58th Presidential Inauguration Ceremony: President Donald J Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I hope the rioting/protesting today and over the weekend completely overshadows the inauguration.

It will not in the good way.

C2ouQC4XUAExeCY.jpg

Sec0nd

Maybe because I'm no American, but I was confused by his speech. Why is there a need to rebuild? Things have been steadily improving since Obama right? And what the hell was up with the comments regarding the American carnage? I have never heard of something like that. Any clarification?

Betty

Banned
Yeah the interviews with his supporters, damn, not the most enlightened bunch.

All they could say was "well he's a businessman and we need this country run like a business" & "more jobs!"

I didn't vote for Obama, but I hoped he was the real deal, just like I hope Trump is.

The best that we can hope for is that Trump isn't the "real deal." If he implements any of his proposed policy changes, it's going to negatively affect all of us. Anti-LGBT, anti-women's rights, doesn't believe in climate change, pro-fascism, cutting off of governmental programs in order to offset the costs of his tax cuts... the lists goes on and on.

Like, the best case scenario out of this is that Trump is a lame duck president.

ZOONAMI

The best that we can hope for is that Trump isn't the "real deal." If he implements any of his proposed policy changes, it's going to negatively affect all of us. Anti-LGBT, anti-women's rights, doesn't believe in climate change, pro-fascism, cutting off of governmental programs in order to offset the costs of his tax cuts... the lists goes on and on.

Like, the best case scenario out of this is that Trump is a lame duck president.

Or both he and pence and dragged through impeachment for treason.

Well this inauguration sounded as terrible as I expected it to be. I'm surprised trump was able to handle those big boy words his speechwriters wrote for him, was expecting more of his stunted lexicon. Though I'm not surprised his speech is full of false patriotic bullshit and maga nonsense.

Opinions. I see similarities to 2008. People were tired of the failed policies of Bush and thought Obama would change things. Today people are tired of the failed policies of Obama and hope Trump can change things. I don't see how this is being disingenuous. This is why he won the election.

I didn't vote for Obama, but I hoped he was the real deal, just like I hope Trump is. I remember people on these boards were saying, "You have to support your leader" back then because people disagreed or were critical of Obama. Although I didn't always agree, at one time I could appreciate liberal GAF to be rational, but is seems like that's exceedingly rare now. I can't believe there are people saying they actually want Bush back. As mentioned earlier, the cognitive dissonance in this thread is amazing not to mention the hypocrisy from Liberal GAF. Where are the sound minds?
People being tired of a presidents policy when his term isn't even over and electing a populist is the single worst thing you could do as a voter. It reeks of stupidity.

Mr. RHC

These fucking rioters are only going to give trump and the gop more of a leg to stand on. While people are actively protesting and helping our cause these dip shits are just looking for an excuse to act like ass holes.

There will be riots. There should be riots.

mackattk

Yes, it's for first time homebuyers without enough to put down for a regular loan. FHA loans require mortgage insurance, which is fucking expensive.

Yep, it is insurance which you pay the lenders to protect the lenders if you don't pay your mortgage. It is like some weird backwards insurance scheme.

zethren

Banned
Opinions. I see similarities to 2008. People were tired of the failed policies of Bush and thought Obama would change things. Today people are tired of the failed policies of Obama and hope Trump can change things. I don't see how this is being disingenuous. This is why he won the election.

I didn't vote for Obama, but I hoped he was the real deal, just like I hope Trump is. I remember people on these boards were saying, "You have to support your leader" back then because people disagreed or were critical of Obama. Although I didn't always agree, at one time I could appreciate liberal GAF to be rational, but is seems like that's exceedingly rare now. I can't believe there are people saying they actually want Bush back. As mentioned earlier, the cognitive dissonance in this thread is amazing not to mention the hypocrisy from Liberal GAF. Where are the sound minds?

It's being disingenuous because it isn't an opinion to say that the climates are the same now as they were in 2008, political or otherwise. It's just wrong.

Maybe because I'm no American, but I was confused by his speech. Why is there a need to rebuild? Things have been steadily improving since Obama right? And what the hell was up with the comments regarding the American carnage? I have never heard of something like that. Any clarification?

There are many underlying issues with the US and critical parts of infrastructure have been left to rot. Obama did many good things, progressed in some, and had issues in others.

The situation is, though, that the GOP gets off on an ineffective government. So they act accordingly to make any progress as difficult as possible. And because the US population have memories of goldfish, they frequently reward the GOP for obstructing because they fall for their very loud message that the government isn't working and everything is corrupt and everyone is out to get you and to take from you.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
China steps up censorship for Trump inauguration

Beijing censors have ordered media outlets to tone down their reporting of Donald Trump's inauguration as US president, as the Communist party weighs its response to a new administration that threatens to tear up the rule book of US-China relations.

Wasn't allowed to discuss Trump today on my radio show, he's now an official sensitive topic," Elyse Ribbons, an American who hosts a programme on Chinese state-run radio, said on Twitter on Thursday, adding: ”Chinese leadership still trying to figure him out (sigh)".

https://www.ft.com/content/204e38a0-ded3-11e6-9d7c-be108f1c1dce

Not sure if this is the first time they done this chances are they have.

darscot

It's so pathetic to watch people try and do this mental gymnastic bullshit to act like Trump is just the next politician after the last.

Next time just say "both sides" so people know you don't have anything worth a shit to say.

This is so true. I'm not American but I remember that massive depression the US was in. You could not vacation down there without them hassling you nonstop to buy the foreclosed houses. They would literally bring buses to try and round up Canadians and take you on these real estate tours and go on and on about how this 500K house can be yours for 100K. Now the economy and US dollar is so strong my money is dirt again. I'm not sure how anyone can forget this so quickly and thing that Obama ruined the economy.

His supporters are idiots who are going to get bent over by his administration while chanting his name.

His supporters don't want to evolve, they want to digress to what it was 50-60 years ago.

Thing is they are fucking us younger people because of it. They will die while we are cleaning up their mess.

kevin1025

Banned
I wonder how many intelligence agency employees are being fired right now.

CIA director and someone else (can't remember specifically) already resigned to make the Pompeo confirmation happen faster.

Doesn't though? The free world will see people standing up for freedom.

It looks good for standing up to him, does not look good in the grand scheme of things in terms of a country in control.

Xater

I imagine it still holds water to him because their idea of bringing the country together is more about breaking LGBT people and force them to be straight like they want.

For anyone sensible though it just you shake your head.

I also just heard part of Trump's speech and boy was that bad.

Beijing censors have ordered media outlets to tone down their reporting of Donald Trump’s inauguration as US president, as the Communist party weighs its response to a new administration that threatens to tear up the rule book of US-China relations.

Wasn’t allowed to discuss Trump today on my radio show, he’s now an official sensitive topic,” Elyse Ribbons, an American who hosts a programme on Chinese state-run radio, said on Twitter on Thursday, adding: “Chinese leadership still trying to figure him out (sigh)”.

This may be the first time I envy China.

There will be riots. There should be riots.

No there should not, taking out your anger about this on the property of civilians that have nothing to do with this is never the way to solve it. Peaceful protests, like these groups are doing is the right way to go about it and make your stance seem legitimate. By rioting you are only adding more fuel to a fire that is burning against our cause.

There is no clear answer. The Democrat answer is that it's to rebuild stereotypical Republican ideals. While it is coming true in some aspects, Trump himself is unclear on what he stands for. His cabinet which has more widespread power is the thing which would push various policies and rights back to very conservative policies.

Oersted

Beijing censors have ordered media outlets to tone down their reporting of Donald Trump’s inauguration as US president, as the Communist party weighs its response to a new administration that threatens to tear up the rule book of US-China relations.

Wasn’t allowed to discuss Trump today on my radio show, he’s now an official sensitive topic,” Elyse Ribbons, an American who hosts a programme on Chinese state-run radio, said on Twitter on Thursday, adding: “Chinese leadership still trying to figure him out (sigh)”.

There is already a thread

pixelation

Yeah the interviews with his supporters, damn, not the most enlightened bunch.

All they could say was "well he's a businessman and we need this country run like a business" & "more jobs!"

What were you expecting?, they were stupid enough to vote for him.

I want to set something on fire.

I hate feeling this helpless

Too scared to protest and yelling at my representatives will do jack shit because I'm in a blue state

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom