• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 58th Presidential Inauguration Ceremony: President Donald J Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
C2ooCvhWgAAX502.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
There was a reduction in fees for FHA loans passed, this reverses it for anyone buying a home after the 24th. Basically making housing more expensive for FHA backed buyers. Things is, this is mainly lower income segments of the country. You'd have to be a dick for this to be a priority.

Least that's my understanding, maybe someone with more experience in the market for real estate can pop in.

I don't believe income has anything to do with acquiring the loan, though, does it? That's what I've read.

Ron Mexico

To those questioning the FHA news:

Trump overturned a cut in the insurance rate that was set to go into effect on 1/27.

Essentially, things will now be the exact same today as they will 1/27 and beyond, barring any other developments.

So business as usual in this area, for now.

Moofers

There was a reduction in fees for FHA loans passed, this reverses it for anyone buying a home after the 24th. Basically making housing more expensive for FHA backed buyers. Things is, this is mainly lower income segments of the country. You'd have to be a dick for this to be a priority.

Least that's my understanding, maybe someone with more experience in the market for real estate can pop in.

Yeah, that's my understanding as well. I'm not an expert at all but I did just close on a house earlier this month. I think this is a sign of what is to come.

To those questioning the FHA news:

Trump overturned a cut in the insurance rate that was set to go into effect on 1/27.

Essentially, things will now be the exact same today as they will 1/27 and beyond, barring any other developments.

So business as usual in this area, for now.

That's my understanding as well. I'm not saying I support his actions, but it seems like real-world effects of this are just status quo.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Trump is a horrible racist but let us not rewrite history here.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/28/...low-wage-jobs-than-better-paid-ones.html?_r=0

The vast amount of jobs created under Obama were primarily in the service or retail industry. Working shifts at the strip mall hawking cellphones inbetween your second and third jobs at Dunkin Doughnuts and McDonalds just to survive because a living wage is apparently asking for too much isn't the base of a strong economy. It's a crumbling economy.

You can be mad about that and it's a serious issue, but that wasn't what Trump's speech was about.

gutshot

I don't believe income has anything to do with acquiring the loan, though, does it? That's what I've read.

Any one can get an FHA loan, but they require less money down than a Standard loan. So naturally they tend to be used mostly by lower income people.

Xater

I saw some amazing interviews with Trump voters around there on German TV. One dude talked about Trump being the guy who can safe the country and bring it together again. Right next to him was the person he was with holding an anti-gay sign. Kinda undermined his point.

Ron Mexico

Sort of. The discount didn't take effect and was now overturned before it ever came to pass.

Mortgage rates are going to be the bigger issue when it comes to affordability. This is closer to a non-starter. Sucks, of course. But it's going to be such a small drop in the bucket comparatively speaking.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Any one can get an FHA loan, but they require less money down than a Standard loan. So naturally they tend to be used mostly by lower income people.

Makes absolutely ZERO sense why this would be first on the list. Zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom