• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 58th Presidential Inauguration Ceremony: President Donald J Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICO_SotC

It's so pathetic to watch people try and do this mental gymnastic bullshit to act like Trump is just the next politician after the last.

Next time just say "both sides" so people know you don't have anything worth a shit to say.

Honestly, it's been this kind of reaction that has been more depressing than the election result itself.

A man has been elected after attacking the citizens of this country based on their race/sex/sexual orientation/religion, and promoting polices and attitudes that would violate their constitutional rights, and all people can say is "Well people didn't like Obama either!"

It's stunning.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
The attention has shifted from Trump's big day to a protest of Trump, at least on CNN.

Same with every where else.

C2ovh71WQAEH-zF.jpg

MrGerbils

I saw some amazing interviews with Trump voters around there on German TV. One dude talked about Trump being the guy who can safe the country and bring it together again. Right next to him was the person he was with holding an anti-gay sign. Kinda undermined his point.

There was a woman interviewed on the loca NBC station here in the US who said her favorite part was how Trump mentioned God because she had never heard a president mention God before... like wtf planet is this woman from? It's insane the news she must be limiting herself to in order to think Obama never mentioned his faith or said God bless America, etc.

rjinaz

Let me translate

Here for "us". Here for White people. I'm sorry but Trump has done nothing to indicate he cares about people other than how he can use them.

I don't have time to protest because I have a job. I'm here though pretending to be Trump's security. OK Mr biker dude.

There should be protests, not riots.

You are probably right, but there is something to be said with standing up to bigotry in anyway, even a violent one. Make this day a mess and let the incoming administration know that a large part of the country will not accept their rape and pillage of the American way go unchecked.

UberTag

Actually I think it does look good
There should be riots in my opinion, at least it shows some proportion of Americans aren't taking this lunacy lying down
There should be protests.
Protest and riots are not the same thing.
Especially when those riots are directed aimlessly at creating havoc and mayhem at the expense of small business owners.
Go riot at a Trump hotel if you want to riot.

ZOONAMI

What the hell? Why are those protesters even interacting with the police. The police are just standing there, the protesters should do the same.

Because the police are physically preventing them from protesting the parade route and are dispersing flash bangs and pepper spray?

Coffinhal

No there should not, taking out your anger about this on the property of civilians that have nothing to do with this is never the way to solve it. Peaceful protests, like these groups are doing is the right way to go about it and make your stance seem legitimate. By rioting you are only adding more fuel to a fire that is burning against our cause.

Bla-bla-bla, same old delegitimasation of violent political action, although it has proven EVERY time in history that it is the only thing that powerful and conservative powers fear the most on Earth.

We don't hear you when the violence in the end of the powerful, symbolic violence too, not just physic violence.

Make it a national holiday and make it fall on the second Tuesday of every November and I'll give it my full support.

Then they'll just move the voting day to wednesday and continue doing everything in their power to make voting harder for minorities and people who work full time.

Xater

There was a woman interviewed on the loca NBC station here in the US who said her favorite part was how Trump mentioned God because she had never heard a president mention God before... like wtf planet is this woman from? It's insane the news she must be limiting herself to in order to think Obama never mentioned his faith or said God bless America, etc.

The reality distortion field these people Have must be incredibly strong.

You are probably right, but there is something to be said with standing up to bigotry in anyway, even a violent one. Make this day a mess and let the incoming administration know that a large part of the country will not accept their rape and pillage of the American way go unchecked.

Protests would work far better than riots.

Riots end up with a very easy way for people to be tarred unfairly.

Very easy.

Biske

Bush embraced being a idiot. When he messed up in situations like these he was like fuck it. The new president not so much.

Yeah say what you will about Bush, but he doesn't come off like a total asshole.

Seems like you could sit down and have a nice time with him and he was at least aware that yeah, he's a knucklehead, but he's trying.

Trump is like "FUCK YOU IM THE SMARTEST, I HAVE ALL THE BIG SMARTS, THE BEST SMARTS I KNOW BEST!!! ALSO I'M FUCKING MAD, EVEN ON THE DAY IM BECOMING PRES!!!"

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just saw the video of the empty stands on the parade route. Wow.

BahamutPT

Tim Pawlenty mentioning we may see that, due to Trump, France, Portugal and Spain have a rise in populism politics.
He clearly knows nothing about politics in Portugal at least. Populism is a staple of every election.

Watching BBC News earlier and loads of rioters in fully black clothes were wrecki shit, and one dude with a big metal pole knocked a guy in the face with it, damn

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Yeah say what you will about Bush, but he doesn't come off like a total asshole.

Seems like you could sit down and have a nice time with him and he was at least aware that yeah, he's a knucklehead, but he's trying.

Trump is like "FUCK YOU IM THE SMARTEST, I HAVE ALL THE BIG SMARTS, THE BEST SMARTS I KNOW BEST!!! ALSO I'M FUCKING MAD, EVEN ON THE DAY IM BECOMING PRES!!!"

Yup. He never got upset when SNL made fun of him for choking on a pretzel. He was a genuine nice guy who probably should not have been president.

rjinaz

It's ok. Disgard my "Isolated incident!"

These kind of events naturally attract a criminal element. I'm not saying bad things aren't happening, but I am certain most people there aren't there to break Starbucks windows. I can also say that anybody that does create a crime should be arrested.

Putzweg

This is really random but the video clips of these protests reminds me of the WTO protests in Seattle at the turn of the millennium. Anyone remember those?

RDreamer

Does damage to an otherwise worthy cause.

When will people learn.

The people throwing rocks don't care about the cause. When will people learn that when you set up situations like this there will always be crazy assholes who go to an insane extreme and have almost nothing to do with the cause.

NewFresh

Watching BBC News earlier and loads of rioters in fully black clothes were wrecki shit, and one dude with a big metal pole knocked a guy in the face with it, damn

Pretty sure those were the Black Bloc idiots who pretty much just go anywhere to mess things up in black masks and clothes waving an anarchist flag.

Bla-bla-bla, same old delegitimasation of violent political action, although it has proven EVERY time in history that it is the only thing that powerful and conservative powers fear the most on Earth.

We don't hear you when the violence in the end of the powerful, symbolic violence too, not just physic violence.

, you're angry and i get it, but does destroying some random persons car or harming there small business make that anger go away? No all it did was fuck someone elses day up, and 95 percent of the time its not the person whose day you actually wanna fuck up. Keep protesting. Peacefully, that is how you make progress and stand on legitimate ground to your opponents. Violence is how you delegitimise your stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom