• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 58th Presidential Inauguration Ceremony: President Donald J Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dali

Protests and riots will be the new normal for the next 4-8 years, now that the President (gag) is more sympathetic to the murderers in blue.
It's mostly the orange turd that is in office but also a big part of it might be because the popular vote got "robbed" again. Bush was tolerable but I suppose people can only take so much.

Far enough, and if Trump does go after people's freedom, I will be the condemning it right along with you. Have you ever considered what Obama and the media have done to other groups like Christians though? Do you think it's a good idea to censor free speech when it doesn't agree with your opinion? There's an argument to be made about that, so what I'm saying is people shouldn't be hypocritical about it. As far as cutting government programs, at what point do we address the issue of government spending? We better address it before what happened to the Soviet Union happens to the U.S. It's a reality, so it's time to get practical about it and accept the fact that some government programs are going to have to get cut.

No, the Obama administration did absolutely nothing to Christians, and the ones who want to censor free speech are Republicans, not Democrats. We had a thread just today explaining how five different states were attempting to make protesting illegal, with laws heralded by Republican legislators.

You know who wants to go after First Amendment rights? Trump. He wants to remove protections to the freedom of the press, and has gone on record multiple times saying this.

As far as cutting government programs, at what point do we address the issue of government spending? We better address it before what happened to the Soviet Union happens to the U.S. It's a reality, so it's time to get practical about it and accept the fact that some government programs are going to have to get cut.

The cuts that are happening are going to programs that had a negligible impact on the budget. Government spending is only an issue because the top 1% are dodging taxes, so the solution here is to make tax laws stronger, not relax them. And if we have to cut programs, the military should be #1 on that list since we greatly overspend there.

Ihyll

Has there ever been an inauguration with this much chaos? Don't remember the bush inauguration being this bad

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Kinda sad to see that one guy trying to stop people making bonfires in the middle of the street because he lives there, and then people ignoring him and throwing more stuff in the fire.

Kusagari

I'm convinced all the people "wait and see" what he does before criticizing him have zero idea about politics at all.

Any rational person can look at the people he's nominating for his cabinet and see shit is going to hit the fan against the lower class and minorities in this country. There's zero reason to wait until they pull the trigger to protest.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This is something that happens when a new president takes office. They replace the existing website with their own built-from-scratch website. Obama did the same in 2008

you are completely missing the point

Nesotenso

Opinions. I see similarities to 2008. People were tired of the failed policies of Bush and thought Obama would change things. Today people are tired of the failed policies of Obama and hope Trump can change things. I don't see how this is being disingenuous. This is why he won the election.

I didn't vote for Obama, but I hoped he was the real deal, just like I hope Trump is. I remember people on these boards were saying, "You have to support your leader" back then because people disagreed or were critical of Obama. Although I didn't always agree, at one time I could appreciate liberal GAF to be rational, but is seems like that's exceedingly rare now. I can't believe there are people saying they actually want Bush back. As mentioned earlier, the cognitive dissonance in this thread is amazing not to mention the hypocrisy from Liberal GAF. Where are the sound minds?

how can fucking sane person even beginning to compare how Obama has left things at the end of his term to how Bush left things?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
MadOdorMachine said:
Have you ever considered what Obama and the media have done to other groups like Christians though?

I'm a Christian and I just had to chime in that this is a ridiculous statement. Obama and the media have done absolutely nothing to make my life any worse. This ridiculous concept that Christians in this country are somehow persecuted needs to stop.

The fact that all that climate change information was wiped from the White House's website.....

This is really about to fucking happen for the next 4 years. I cannot believe it.

xnipx

It only affects a small number of loans that are insured by the FHA.

If you have one of those loans you pay extra for mortgage insurance that protects the lender if you default on the loan. This is just saying the insurance premiums are going to go up or stay the same, rather than go down, on those loans.

Define small? THe majority of homes purchased by lower to middle income families is using an FHA loan.

Wait...what did Obama do to Christians?

Seriously, what?
According to my mother Obama has personally and specifically banned accepting any Christian refugees into the US. She honestly believes he's got it out for Christians in a mustache twirling evil way. Because... well, because reasons.

tuxfool

Banned
how can fucking sane person even beginning to compare how Obama has left things at the end of his term to how Bush left things?

They can't. The delusion is so strong, you might as well call it insane.

Knowing the truth doesn't mean that I don't enjoy listening to delusions.
Haha. Unfortunately I don't see those delusions being original, it will some variant of the nonsense we've heard before. These people don't really think for themselves.

Sapientas

Huh?

Far enough, and if Trump does go after people's freedom, I will be the condemning it right along with you. Have you ever considered what Obama and the media have done to other groups like Christians though? Do you think it's a good idea to censor free speech when it doesn't agree with your opinion? There's an argument to be made about that, so what I'm saying is people shouldn't be hypocritical about it. As far as cutting government programs, at what point do we address the issue of government spending? We better address it before what happened to the Soviet Union happens to the U.S. It's a reality, so it's time to get practical about it and accept the fact that some government programs are going to have to get cut.

Trump just got sworn in and hasn't even enacted any policies yet and people here are already tired of it. This makes no sense! This is exactly what I'm talking about. What has happened to Liberal GAF's rational thought. I'm utterly dumbfounded.

Again, how is an opinion disingenuous? I see the similarities and the connection between the two. This is why both Obama and Trump got elected. If you don't see the connection, that's fine, but I do.
What are you talking about? How did Obama and "the media" censorship Christians?
What does goverment programs costs have to do with, I'm guessing, the fall of the Soviet Union?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom