• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 85th Academy Awards |OT| I like the way you snub, boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Life of Pi was amazing.
Please no backlash GAF.
Please.

It nearly made me sick haha

They stuck me right at the front, I had to keep going out and in till I was in a cormfortable position at the bar ina corner :)

Stunning film in every way, seemed to swap in & out of 3D for me though! Watched most of it without the glasses. Skyfall better get some respect for managing it in 2D ...

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Dude should have gone into it first if it was important to him, not after 45 seconds up there.

It's like a ten hour show, they can't give the actual award winners more than 60 seconds?

How bout they cut out some of the other extraneous bullshit instead?

DrEvil

not a medical professional
I guarantee you jaws won't be the only playoff music. I bet it'll be all from horror and thriller films. I fully expect PSYCHO to be one of them.

what was the joke?

Basically that the N-word filled script of Django Unchained was based on Gibsons voicemails.

The guy has made a lot of douchey mistakes over the last few years, but he's still a freaking legend. That joke wouldn't have been funny if Mel was in attendance, but I'm starting to wonder if he's even welcome at these kinds of events these days.

789shadow

Banned
In this thread, we complain about people being cut off, and also about how the Oscars is 5 hours.

And yes I'm fully aware that over-long speeches are probably a tiny amount of that runtime.

JCizzle

It's like a ten hour show, they can't give the actual award winners more than 60 seconds?

I agree, but if this guy knows that he has 30 seconds or however long it is, don't jump into that after 40 seconds.

jtb

Banned
Incredibly dick move to cut off the visual effects guys like that. esp when you consider he was about to talk about the financial difficulties

iamblades

Because the extraneous bullshit is theoretically the reason people watch. No one wants to see a winner give a 10 minute speech thanking everyone down to the person who got them coffee on the set.

Sapiens

Haha, RDJ is laughing it up with hookers, booze and drugs in his 40 million dollar home while the special effects companies that made his films possible are floundering.

Fuckkin Hollywood.

Tapiozona

Banned
If it was so important for him to preach about the injustice of the movie and special effects industries then maybe he should have started with that rather than thanking his parents and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom