• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 85th Academy Awards |OT| I like the way you snub, boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
bnjBpbZ.jpg

If it was so important for him to preach about the injustice of the movie and special effects industries then maybe he should have started with that rather than thanking his parents and friends.

Or maybe he should have more than 30 seconds to talk. That was in no way his fault, it's bullshit that they get so little time when the show is like four hours long.

MIMIC

Banned
RIGHT NOW: Anna Karenina wins for Costume Design

WINNERS
Django Unchained (Best Supporting Actor)
Paperman (Best Animated Short)
Brave (Best Animated Feature)
Life of Pi (Cinematography, Visual Effects)
Anna Karenina (Costume Design)

Actors & Actresses
Christoph Waltz (Best Supporting Actor)

OSCAR COUNT
Life of Pi: 2

h1nch

Bummed that Deakins didn't win. The photography in Skyfall was absolutely mind-blowing. It was one of the first things that jumped out at me.

jb1234

Bummed that Deakins didn't win. The photography in Skyfall was absolutely mind-blowing. It was one of the first things that jumped out at me.

Yeah. I saw Skyfall a few days ago and agree the cinematography was terrific. On the other hand, Life of Pi was gorgeously filmed. It's a toss-up for me and I would have been good with either winning.

JCizzle

Haha, RDJ is laughing it up with hookers, booze and drugs in his 40 million dollar home while the special effects companies that made his films possible are floundering.

Fuckkin Hollywood.

It seemed to me that he was trying to get into that, but Sam cut him off for some reason. I wasn't paying super close attention though.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so I was under the impression that Snow White and the Huntsman was a piece of shit movie.

Why so many nominations?

MIMIC

Banned
RIGHT NOW: "Les Misérables" wins for Make-Up and Hairstyling

WINNERS
Django Unchained (Best Supporting Actor)
Paperman (Best Animated Short)
Brave (Best Animated Feature)
Life of Pi (Cinematography, Visual Effects)
Anna Karenina (Costume Design)
Les Misérables (Make-Up and Hairstyling)

Actors & Actresses
Christoph Waltz (Best Supporting Actor)

OSCAR COUNT
Life of Pi: 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom