• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 88th Academy Awards |OT| Sixth Time's A Charm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
So when are we all going to admit that Leo is just too much of an over actor? Sorry, but part of acting is knowing when not go crazy all the time. Dude is too intense all the damn time. Subtlety is good! That what made guys like Deniro so good!

amaretto

So when are we all going to admit that Leo is just too much of an over actor? Sorry, but part of acting is knowing when not go crazy all the time. Dude is too intense all the damn time. Subtlety is good! That what made guys like Deniro so good!

But.. but... passion! Growling! Eye bulging and puffy faces!

Leo hasn't done anything to warrant an Oscar (over his competitors) since 1993. He can have it this year though, somehow the other nominees are even more lackluster.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
So, ABC.com is telling me I can't watch online because I live in the wrong place, which is some serious bullshit. Are there any alternatives? I've only got a few hours to save the night and be an Oscar hero, but I can't find any streams.

me neither, help :(

MIMIC

Banned
So, ABC.com is telling me I can't watch online because I live in the wrong place, which is some serious bullshit. Are there any alternatives? I've only got a few hours to save the night and be an Oscar hero, but I can't find any streams.

Variety.com says only certain cities can stream the awards show....which, yes, is incredibly stupid and random.

Floridian

I tried it with a VPN and it said I wasn't even the territory. The site is messed up.

Mine was doing that to me for the Grammys also, Google will bring up shady sites that will stream it, talking about it is prolly ban able, but I'm a paying customer and the shit wouldn't let me log in.

Kurtofan

More like Gilbert Grape, dude peaked when he blew up.

THIS did not deserve a win over Leo

giphy.gif

its a classic.

samn

PM me if you (or anyone) finds one pls

Boke1879

Walking Dead will have my attention for at least an hour. If anyone knows where I can watch this on the internet. Let me know.

Anomalisa and World of Tomorrow deserve it big time over their Disney competition. So much better

But the Disney stranglehold is real.

I wouldn't hold out hope that these two win anything.

Going up against the Disney/Pixar brand in the field of feature animation is pretty much the equivalent of suicide.

Variety.com says only certain cities can stream the awards show....which, yes, is incredibly stupid and random.

I tried it with a VPN and it said I wasn't even the territory. The site is messed up.

Mine was doing that to me for the Grammys also, Google will bring up shady sites that will stream it, talking about it is prolly ban able, but I'm a paying customer and the shit wouldn't let me log in.

PM me if you (or anyone) finds one pls

I'll let you guys know if I find anything. Keep an eye on your PMs. I'll keep looking.

Apt101

Can't find my chrome cast, ugh. Gonna have to watch this on the laptop or tablet. Looking forward the Rock's slights.

is red carpet on abc just region locked or do you need proof of a subscription?

i know the award show does. but does the red carpet too?

faridmon

Just dropping in to say, I didn't enjoy The Revenant that much, but Leo and Hardy were both fantastic. Hope both win, and the best picture goes to another movie.

I would love The Room to have more accolade than it is, because personally, its the best movie for me this year.... by far.

jelly

I'll wake up tomorrow and read Mad Max, best picture and director.

Everyone seems to think Leo is a certainty but it would be so funny if he lost. He has done better so I wouldn't feel bad.

Hope Stallone wins.

Not my picks, but what I think might happen:

Best Picture
"Bridge of Spies"

Best Director
Alejandro González Iñárritu, "The Revenant"

Best Actor
Eddie Redmayne, "The Danish Girl"

Best Supporting Actor
Mark Rylance, "Bridge of Spies"

I'm sorry Leo, but you Oscar is in another castle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom