• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 89th Academy Awards |OT| La La Land up 3-1, they got this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

That is an absolutely insane turn of events but I'm so happy for Moonlight. I adored La La Land -- and then saw Moonlight after and it just completely enraptured me.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Unless this is fake and people are quick with photoshop by making this image for desktop, mobile, etc this just seems odd to have tweeted out

They are probably just following the show and tweeting out the results as everyone finds out. They must take great pains to avoid any leaks.

That is an absolutely insane turn of events but I'm so happy for Moonlight. I adored La La Land -- and then saw Moonlight after and it just completely enraptured me.

Yeah, I really gotta see both of them.

Dereck

Dramatic reenactment courtesy of SunhiLegend

mMNmPUz.gif
What's happening here

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"....Oh and we lost by the way" was like...it seems passive but you can tell that a soul was shattered.

He was pissed, I would be too. He literally ripped the card from Warren's hand and went "look, Moonlight, this is not a joke"

Brinbe

Moonlight winning BP is Spotlight all over again. Damn I'm salty right now.

But spotlight is an amazing, pretty much perfect movie about good journalists uncovering one of the most insidious crimes of the past century?

What the fuck? And Moonlight is nothing to be salty about, unless you're a monster.

traveler

Not Wario
If you read Emma Stone La La Land when presenting Best Picture wouldn't you know something is wrong?

The Academy should really stop bringing these senile old fucks on stage.

Jesus christ, show some respect. And he did know something was wrong; he clearly looks confused and takes his time- looks at Dunaway to try to get her take on it, but doesn't know what to do at the time.

Someone screwed up in the back; Warren just took the loss for them.

orioto

Good Art™
I was actually feeling bad for Warren lol. The guy is 5000 years old come on, he was like a kid who fucked up something and thinks everyone will kill him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom