• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 89th Academy Awards |OT| La La Land up 3-1, they got this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
I'm going to make a movie that's just a compilation of clips from movies about Hollywood and see if it wins best picture.

traveler

Not Wario
Gosling got nominated? Like, I love the movie and he's fine in it, singing aside, but not once did I feel that was close to a nomination worthy performance. Do they just go down the list of awards and figure out what/who they can nominate their favorite movie for, regardless of merit?

Does anyone actually like Finding Dory for real? Like, like-like, and not I-didnt-hate-it-like. It's a completely forgettable by the book kids' film with no lasting value.

A church I'm going to screened it for "family movie night" and I'm SO GLAD I didn't pay money to see it.

I've had a mancrush on Gosling since like 2006 (it's literally an ongoing joke with almost everyone I know).

I loved Whiplash. It may have contributed with me breaking up with someone because I wanted to be so focused like Miles Teller's character . I wanted to feel that same drive.

I watched La La Land 3 times in theaters.

It does NOT deserve the Best Picture over Moonlight.

It is the Force Awakens of the Oscar season. It revels in nostalgia without pushing the genre forward.

duckroll

Gosling got nominated? Like, I love the movie and he's fine in it, singing aside, but not once did I feel that was close to a nomination worthy performance. Do they just go down the list of awards and figure out what/who they can nominate their favorite movie for, regardless of merit?

It's all marketing. Like any open poll with a polling period, the results depend heavily on the campaigning rather than some objective quality standard.

Plus the industry loves to jack itself off. So of course La La Land gets everything.

Speevy

Banned

If Ryan Gosling wins, I can totally see him just handing the award to someone else on principle.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
What kind of social circle does mel have where he can meet a girlfriend that's more than half his age...weird

Matush

Emma kinda ugly
giphy.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Chris Evans presenting tonight!

One step closer to that Oscar... you'll get one soon Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom