• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 89th Academy Awards |OT| La La Land up 3-1, they got this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
pqUtEp7.png

GunBR

City of Stars is great
Audition is terrible (IMO)

So the mix of them was kinda lame. But at least it wasn't Gosling singing

duckroll

The hate for La La Land is pretty silly.

People are trying to make it out as another Crash.

It's a happy idealistic fluff piece by Hollywood about Hollywood where successful performers play struggling performers who find success. I also found it boring and simplistic, with a theme that has the creators' heads so far up their own ass they can't see anything other than the shit they eat everyday.

I'm just glad Kevin O'Connell won his first Iscar for sound mixing for Hacksaw Ridge. He was nominated something like 24 times before without winning. I thought La La Land was getting that for sure. Happy I was wrong.

Ketch

It's a happy idealistic fluff piece by Hollywood about Hollywood where successful performers play struggling performers who find success. I also found it boring and simplistic, with a theme that has the creators' heads so far up their own ass they can't see anything other than the shit they eat everyday.

Damn.

I hate to be the one to defend La La Land but apparently everyone here missed the part where they make fun of Hollywood for how dumb and pretentious it is for half the damn movie.

Not

Banned
Don't be fooled, for some reason, people who hate la la land need to post in every thread that they hate the movie. It still is highly praised by the majority.

It's a great movie with a great score.

Doesn't deserve Director or Picture.

La La Land is my 4th/5th favorite movie I saw this year, but it was just nominated for everything and was presumed to win. Props to the oscars for spreading the love more.

Is anyone else kind of shocked so far? I guess there are still music and acting categories to go. Oh and writing and directing...

Man I guess there is still a lot of the show to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom