• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Americans - S4 of the KGB spy drama - Keri Russell & Matthew Rhys - Wed on FX

This should be fun. A journalist spent 6 months in production with The Americans to learn about how tv gets made:

- Vox: “We’re creating a world that feels true”: How to make great TV, explained by FX spy drama The AmericansVery long article via the link.
Re-upping this for the new page. Highly recommended article. They go into what happened in production of this episode, and there are lots of cool details about the process, the relationship between the show runners, what it's like on set, editing, how many wigs they used in S1, etc...

This is very much worth a listen. Emmerich is a cerebral guy, and it's interesting to hear him talk about acting and directing. The stuff about directing the sex scene is funny, as well.

-griffy-

Banned
Love the bit in that Vox article about the scene where they drop off the fake priest at the hotel. They didn't just shoot it at a hotel of course, but a street with a giant bluescreen. And they didn't just comp in another hotel, but they actually used 35mm film footage of a real hotel from the 1980's. The level of detail on this show is kind of stupefying at times.

Love the bit in that Vox article about the scene where they drop off the fake priest at the hotel. They didn't just shoot it at a hotel of course, but a street with a giant bluescreen. And they didn't just comp in another hotel, but they actually used 35mm film footage of a real hotel from the 1980's. The level of detail on this show is kind of stupefying at times.
I was very surprised to read that bit. I admittedly have a bad eye for picking out most CGI, but I thought they had just shot that scene in real life.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Another fantastic episode. I appreciated how despite the obvious tension it felt as a bit of a breather after Nina's execution. Liz and Philip must be going bananas and I can't see how this is going to end for poor Martha.

Noah Emmerich directed this ep so at the end Stan is standing there in the bedroom. Talk about weird.
The mental image is too much.

that last scene felt more than just people having sex and releasing stress.
You could absolutely tell those two are bumping nasties in real life. The chemistry is there.

Heh, apparently the actress that plays Paige wants the writers to have her start killing people.
Well, I hope they don't. Incidentally, that girl is going to stop a lot of hearts when she grows up. Meanwhile, Stan's kid looks like one goofy young man.

Lvs6u5G.gif

Everything about his interactions with Stan and Henry was cringelicious.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Re-upping this for the new page. Highly recommended article. They go into what happened in production of this episode, and there are lots of cool details about the process, the relationship between the show runners, what it's like on set, editing, how many wigs they used in S1, etc...

Good read. I passed it along to the few friends I have that watch the show too.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

This is very much worth a listen. Emmerich is a cerebral guy, and it's interesting to hear him talk about acting and directing. The stuff about directing the sex scene is funny, as well.

Thanks for posting this. Interesting stuff!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Ice Ice Baby was a good song to end the episode on.
Joking!

Elizabeth is having way too much fun with her new friend. I'm worried that is going to end tragically, per usual. 🙈

Poor Martha. I can't believe they would even consider having her do more, she's going to get blown.

Top Bottom