• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Americans - S4 of the KGB spy drama - Keri Russell & Matthew Rhys - Wed on FX

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
It's been a day since I caught up with the episode and I'm still shocked by how they dispatched my beautiful Nina.

I mean, it was clear that her storyline had come to an uncomfortable point -she couldn't return to America and the Soviet Union was not known for being a paragon of kindness-, but I wasn't ready for the way they killed her off, even if I was already familiar with how the KGB dealt with traitors. It was all so sudden and impersonal. I knew it was coming, yet it completely took me by surprise. I think the muffled "bang" made it even more violent and shocking.

Honestly, I hope there's some real fallout when Oleg learns about this. Way to help, dad.

Linius

I was telling myself the Nina storyline was just dragging and seperated from the rest. And then they end it like this. That was majestical and shocking. Can't say I saw it coming they'd just off her right there and then.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I thought Nina and the scientist would be gunned down as soon as they stepped out of the hangar.

And when that didn't happen I thought they'd send Nina to a proper death squad.

But no. It got done then and there. I wasn't ready.

faridmon

The way Nina died was just on point. It was cold and handled in a business mannerism. I was actually quite take back when the she got shot, and the atmosphere in there was just remarkable.

Love the season so far. Wish there was more of Henry and Robot Mail.

Blader

Really digging this season so far. Maybe it's because I fell behind and had to watch 3 episodes in a row, but the pacing has seemed pretty fast to me.

That Nina bait and switch was harsh, though I was actually expecting her and Baklanov to get shot as they were exiting the prison.

His dad truly believes he was helping though. Oleg being involved with a convicted traitor could only lead to bad things in the future.

Maybe so, but I doubt Oleg will see it that way.

EDIT: I'm curious how they try and work Pastor Tim and REALLY curious about how Martha gets herself out of being suspected.

IronRinn

Honestly, we don't even know if his dad had anything to do with it. Events may have been too far along for him to do anything at that point.

From The Americans to Tyrant?

So pretty much a lateral move.

I kid, I kid. Tyrant is clearly the worse show, though I enjoy watching it more than The Americans.

Geist-

This show is slowly turning into "Who's going to reveal the secret to the wrong person?" Will it be Pastor Tim? Will Oleg turn traitor? Will Stan misuse FBI resources to spy on Philip and inadvertently discover their secret? Or will Martha be overcome by the stress of it all and shout it to the world?

Find out next time on The Americans. :p

I enjoy Tyrant, last season was definitely a hot mess but Jamal is so amazing as a character and actor.

Too bad the actress playing Nina didn't get cast on Black Sails or Game of Thrones. She was pretty good on The X-Files too. Its awesome how she can shift so quickly between Russian and Middle Eastern roles.

Too bad the actress playing Nina didn't get cast on Black Sails or Game of Thrones. She was pretty good on The X-Files too. Its awesome how she can shift so quickly between Russian and Middle Eastern roles.

She also made a brief appearance in the train wreck that was the third season of "The Following". It was a little jarring not hearing her speak with the obvious Russian accent.

I appreciate the Boston Globe and Matthew Gilbert, in particular, for continually posting things about The Americans, but this is the most bizarre thing I've seen written about a show recently.

- ‘The Americans,’ recipe edition
Pasta Tim: Wannabe-angel hair, lots of grating cheese, topped with a sprinkle of big mouth.

Baked Elizabeth: Cold, cold ice cream, cold passion fruit, and a cold steel pan.

Philip Crumble: One Clark bar torn down the middle, lots of sugar, one giant crumb.

Flan Beeman: A vanilla bean split into two sides, one egg separated, top generously with infidelity.

Sage Paige: Ingredients for Pasta Tim but hold the sprinkle, mix up and shake thoroughly.

Lamb Martha: Pounded mutton, spicy marinade, frying pan, fire.

Gabriel a la King: Raw chicken or turkey, low-calorie honey, crock pot.
ZcHeGd5.gif

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I think I forgot everything about The Following, but maybe that's a coping mechanism.

I kid, I couldn't get past the second season. It was too painful.

-griffy-

Banned
Dammit PlayStation Vue fucking up
Okay back on Paige asking Liz where they were over the weekend. Saw Phil come in to Martha then it cut out. What did I miss?

IronRinn

You ain't got no chill, Paige.

Martha wanted to know where Clark was, why she couldn't reach him. Clark gave her the number for the secret spy answering service. Paige woke Liz up to say she was having a hard time pretending everything was ok when bowling and lying to Stan and wanted to know where they were all weekend.

Or what Niraj said.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
UGH fuck can someone summarize what was talked about up until the opening credits when elizabeth said this was enough?

Martha was just talking to Philip about what happened in the previous episode in regards to them noticing the copies thing and her going out to dinner with that other guy. Then Paige was asking Elizabeth where they were and that Stan was asking where they were.

Martha was just talking to Philip about what happened in the previous episode in regards to them noticing the copies thing and her going out to dinner with that other guy. Then Paige was asking Elizabeth where they were and that Stan was asking where they were.
ahhh shit nice, thanks!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
ahhh shit nice, thanks!

He gave her a phone number so she could get in touch with him, and that a lady would pick up, but it would allow her to get in touch with him at any time, but that she had to call from a payphone. He also said he had to take the piece of paper with the number back with him, and she said, "of course, why would I get to keep anything?" or something to that effect.

Top Bottom