• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Americans - S4 of the KGB spy drama - Keri Russell & Matthew Rhys - Wed on FX

Yeah, people can shit on Phillip, but he's the only reason she had a chance to get out in the first place. Gabriel and the center were gonna toss her back into the frying pan. Phillip revealing himself is probably his biggest mistake. Martha really needed to stay put but again, Gabriel didn't listen. Had Phillip been there when she awoke, she wouldn't have bailed.

What was it William said? "Our bosses don't know what they are doing." Or something to that effect. He's on the money.

Poor Martha just lacks the training to deal with a situation like that. Odds of things getting up shit creek for her are really high at the moment, if not the highest they've ever been.

Everything will go off the rails if she connects Amador's death with Phillip.

Yeah, and what are her options really. Life time in jail if the FBI gets to her? Exile in Russia? Would they really let her live anyway? Her lone thinking is most likely that she and Clark/Philip will be together, which we know will never be the case. And, she just found out that she sold her country to the KGB. So she bailed, I don't blame her.

Poor Martha just lacks the training to deal with a situation like that. Odds of things getting up shit creek for her are really high at the moment, if not the highest they've ever been.

I think Martha will make it through this season. Everyone feels bad for her and will give her chances they'd never give a real agent because it's poor Martha. Remember that she got Philip Jennings, a stone cold pro to reveal himself which he would never have done for any of his other contacts. Plus she has seen both undisguised Gabriel and disguised Liz which maker her the person outside the KGB with most intel on S-directorate agents there is. If she plays her cards well it's a strong hand and she can make a good deal but if she breaks down she'll still have a lot of sympathy from Gaad.

Here's to lots more Martha !

Saty

Who leaves Gabriel the cripple to guard Martha? What's he gonna do when push comes to shove, hobble after her? C'mon guys.

All hands were needed for the William meeting to spot him being potentially followed by the FBI. Besides, the reason Martha leaves is because she finds her gun missing which she takes to mean that they are preparing to off her and hence took away her means of protection and she thinks Phillip was already murdered.

With both the Feds and the KGB are after Martha, I can't imagine it takes her long to get caught by one or the other. Lots of different ways that can get resolved - her in custody, sent to Russia, killed by the KGB, etc...

Moving forward, Philip's relationship with Gabriel and the KGB is nearly destroyed, so I'm not sure where that goes from here. I'm also curious where they take Philip & Elizabeth because they can't be completely at odds for the rest of the season/series. The Martha revelations (the fact that he took his wig off in front of her, him working to get her exfiltrated) have cut Elizabeth deeply, and there's also Philip's longstanding interest in getting out of the business while Elizabeth remains a believer. They're going to have to move back towards common ground at some point.

With both the Feds and the KGB are after Martha, I can't imagine it takes her long to get caught by one or the other. Lots of different ways that can get resolved - her in custody, sent to Russia, killed by the KGB, etc...

Moving forward, Philip's relationship with Gabriel and the KGB is nearly destroyed, so I'm not sure where that goes from here. I'm also curious where they take Philip & Elizabeth because they can't be completely at odds for the rest of the season/series. The Martha revelations (the fact that he took his wig off in front of her, him working to get her exfiltrated) have cut Elizabeth deeply, and there's also Philip's longstanding interest in getting out of the business while Elizabeth remains a believer. They're going to have to move back towards common ground at some point.

The common ground will be the kids. But I have a feeling they are both lit fuses at this point, although the fact that Henry is a powder keg is unknown to them. My opinion anyway. I just think all this hanging out with Stan is going to have some innocent statement being made that gives the game away.

The common ground will be the kids.
Yes, it always has been. They do love each other, it's just a wee bit complicated given their non-travel agent career.
But I have a feeling they are both lit fuses at this point, although the fact that Henry is a powder keg is unknown to them. My opinion anyway. I just think all this hanging out with Stan is going to have some innocent statement being made that gives the game away.
That wouldn't surprise me at all.

Ristifer

Are we going to hear about Philip's other son again at some point? As far as we know, he's still fighting in Afghanistan, isn't he? I had a feeling that plotline would somehow come back up and maybe have some kind of positive resolution in order to reignite Philip's loyalty.

-griffy-

Banned
Man. I was thinking if we'll ever get to a point where Phil/Liz have to kill someone in front of their kids, and how utterly fucked that'll be.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Man. I was thinking if we'll ever get to a point where Phil/Liz have to kill someone in front of their kids, and how utterly fucked that'll be.

And they get away with it because Henry is too busy playing a game to notice

Top Bottom