• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Apprentice UK - Series 12 |OT| Meet The New Boss; Same As The Old Boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuros

Thought I would try my own name & logo:
R3GUSOB.png

Lol. Perfect.

iFirez

I work in editing, mostly for advertising and corporate films. These sort of episodes I usually really like... this however, was atrocious. Not one of them had any clue of what was going on, both brands look rushed and dated. The videos are sloppy and overbearing - why include poor, badly directed acting and not just got for a cool, sleek, pseudo-music video to show the jeans in a really luxurious way. The girls brand seems like something for the older shoppers while the guys brand seemed like something you'd see in the 90's.

There are numerous people on both teams who were nightmares, flustered and failed to even grasp the task at all. So many poor choices and poor decisions throughout. I know they don't have long to create these things but two people who have lived in the forest all their lives and never seen jeans before could have been better contributions to these teams than many of the idiots included.

Nothus

I work in editing, mostly for advertising and corporate films. These sort of episodes I usually really like... this however, was atrocious. Not one of them had any clue of what was going on, both brands look rushed and dated. The videos are sloppy and overbearing - why include poor, badly directed acting and not just got for a cool, sleek, pseudo-music video to show the jeans in a really luxurious way. The girls brand seems like something for the older shoppers while the guys brand seemed like something you'd see in the 90's.

There are numerous people on both teams who were nightmares, flustered and failed to even grasp the task at all. So many poor choices and poor decisions throughout. I know they don't have long to create these things but two people who have lived in the forest all their lives and never seen jeans before could have been better contributions to these teams than many of the idiots included.

I think he gave them this task a bit too early and the results certainly demonstrate as much. There are still too many idiots in there to be able to put together any kind of comprehensive campaign like Sugar was asking for here.
Week one was still pretty terrible but all they had to do was sell crap to punters. This was on another level and would have been better suited for much later in the process when the better candidates were beginning to hit their stride.

Faddy

Banned

To be fair they are set up to fail.

They had one morning to come up with a brand while concurrently doing market research then afternoon casting and photoshoot.

On the second day they do the video and packaging. There is no time for refinement or even collaboration between the team. It is a miracle when these things don;t end up a shitshow.

It isn't work that needs that many people, it just needs more time.

Kuros

Fucking amazed that after that shitshow at least one PM didn't go.

This lot are even more unlikeable than usual.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I think he gave them this task a bit too early and the results certainly demonstrate as much. There are still too many idiots in there to be able to put together any kind of comprehensive campaign like Sugar was asking for here.
Week one was still pretty terrible but all they had to do was sell crap to punters. This was on another level and would have been better suited for much later in the process when the better candidates were beginning to hit their stride.

Honestly it feels like it was set up as it would make good telly having both team lose, which didn't even matter as only one member of the girl's team got fired whereas the boy's team got off Scots free.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
This reminds me. Where exactly can I even find the original seasons of Apprentice with Trump to watch anyways? I cannot find any anywhere in Canada. Any ideas?

master15

Fired candidate couldn't even offer a credible defense of her effort in the boardroom. I love how Karen said when she offered her input of "doing makeup and cleaning up" those attributes weren't exactly something Sugar was looking for.

Candidates seem much weaker this season just in terms of overall competency.

Izuna

Banned
So much cringe in this episode. Rebecca needs to cool. I'm happy that Karthik has another chance, got damn.

Arials

Fired candidate couldn't even offer a credible defense of her effort in the boardroom. I love how Karen said when she offered her input of "doing makeup and cleaning up" those attributes weren't exactly something Sugar was looking for.

Her appearance on You're Fired made it clear she was a bit of a moron. I wouldn't be surprised if the producers only let her through the vetting process to get a few cheap laughs out of her saying stupid things.

Chittagong

Gold Member
They really cocked up an easy task. Evisu is Japanese denim and sells for 300 pounds a pair, super premium. Shoudl have just gone by their playbook.

Boys should have named their brand Musai after their team lead, and just used him as the model. Overlay a bit of Towa Tei music and Shoreditch slo mo karate moves. Muji rip off packaging but with premium foil typographyz Bang, done.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
That Karthik clip is funny but in his defence India is a shit name and it is understandable why he would not realise they were talking about a person when they said it. Really hate that name.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I'm so glad that Michael Pitt-lookalike female was fired. Don't think I could have stood her for more episodes. Very distracting.

Kuros

If you want to see at £1.50 and they want to buy at £1.00 you don't fucking say "meet you half way at £1.10."

Fucking hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom