• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a 6'-7", 345lb. man sitting in a BRZ.

kwimu.jpg

He said it was very comfortable for him and the tilt/telescopic wheel worked well too. Surprisingly he also had a couple inches of headroom and thought he'd be able to wear a helmet in it. Talk about crazy.

Viperbah

^ DC auto show? I am heading there this Sunday.

Also, got rid of my civic and picked this up for a DD...I hope I won't miss the gas mileage. First time without a Honda in 10 years.

IMG_0159.jpg

Halvie

Banned
From what I can tell, it's Audi's 5 cylinder turbo engine from the TT-RS and I'm going to guess people are now swapping them into GTI's and R32's.

yeppers

imagine it would fit into mk1 TT as well. Would be a nice swap. Prefer the looks of the first gen over the current.

Here is a 6'-7", 345lb. man sitting in a BRZ.

kwimu.jpg

He said it was very comfortable for him and the tilt/telescopic wheel worked well too. Surprisingly he also had a couple inches of headroom and thought he'd be able to wear a helmet in it. Talk about crazy.

Imagine how gutless and shitty the GT86 feels with an almost 400 lb driver. Lol

^ DC auto show? I am heading there this Sunday.

Also, got rid of my civic and picked this up for a DD...I hope I won't miss the gas mileage. First time without a Honda in 10 years.

IMG_0159.jpg

I love the Goat but you are gonna HATE the gas mileage. Also, why an 04? 05 and 06 has the much yummier LS2. Got a great deal on it?

Viperbah

I love the Goat but you are gonna HATE the gas mileage. Also, why an 04? 05 and 06 has the much yummier LS2. Got a great deal on it?

I am averaging around 20 mpg....70% highway....but it takes premium. So it's not too too bad...but yeah it sucks compared to my civic.

Yeah, I did get a great deal on it....11.5 K. It has just over 45K miles, really clean. Full Lovells suspension....motor is all stock.

I basically wanted an LS1 for the looks and price. I like the smoother hood and more unassuming looks....and would rather have a lower mileage 04 than a high mileage 05-06. The 05-06's are not too much faster than the 04...and if I feel the need to go fast I still have the Z06 :)

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
They use a decent score range in which 14/20 is a good score, the video game 8-10 range has yet to fully infect car mags.

I've noticed that, but in the review it never sounds like love to me. Sounds like a decent but by no means a great car, which I'd agree with. If 14 is love, what is 19?

sk3

Banned
I expected something mediocre, but this is most definitely worse.

That's a pretty good commercial, but it just strikes me as odd that Honda is dumping millions of dollars into advertising a car that is STILL about 3 years from showrooms.
Halo cars are more than just cars. They bring an aura to the entire brand.

Honda fans already have blue balls from cancelling the NSX, just as it was about to go on the concept tour and by the under-performing CR-Z. It seems that they want to try using the hype machine to get back on form.

Honda fans already have blue balls from cancelling the NSX, just as it was about to go on the concept tour and by the under-performing CR-Z. It seems that they want to try using the hype machine to get back on form.

I just feel like they could do a lot more to get fans hyped, and pimping a wildly expensive car that is 3 years away doesn't seem to be the best choice to do that.

How about releasing a CRZ that can actually fit 2 people in the back seat? That's just about the only reason I haven't bought one. :/

How about making a Civic that actually looks slightly sporty? The new design is hideous IMO.

How about making an Accord sedan that actually looks like someone under 40 might want to drive it? How about just a sports edition, like Toyota does quite well with the Camry?

All of those ideas seems more fruitful than a commercial for a car that most of us could never dream of buying, and just so happens to be 3 years from showrooms.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Makes me feel like paul walker and vin diesel should do the commercial for when the supra returns. (Whenever that is)

I just feel like they could do a lot more to get fans hyped, and pimping a wildly expensive car that is 3 years away doesn't seem to be the best choice to do that.

How about releasing a CRZ that can actually fit 2 people in the back seat? That's just about the only reason I haven't bought one. :/

How about making a Civic that actually looks slightly sporty? The new design is hideous IMO.

How about making an Accord sedan that actually looks like someone under 40 might want to drive it? How about just a sports edition, like Toyota does quite well with the Camry?

All of those ideas seems more fruitful than a commercial for a car that most of us could never dream of buying, and just so happens to be 3 years from showrooms.

All of these are valid criticisms and I agree with everyone of them, except the CRZ. I think that they should have released it with a small turbo four instead of a hybrid drive system.

What I feel is that Honda has been playing with cost-cutting, and some odd risks. Honda used to be known for their drive trains and now they're behind on technology and reliability. What some have been speculating is that a lot of the projects and car lines are being lead by executives rather than engineers. I think that might be able to explain their odd bets such as the CRZ and the Crosstour.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Still waiting for the Alfa Romeo Guiletta. It should hit the US next year, and since the Dodge Dart is heavily based on the Guiletta, most of the Americanization should be easy to do.

Maybe I just had a bad experience, but I will never ever buy another Nissan again. The dealerships in so cal have been a nightmare to work with. From buying the car to servicing the car. It has been one of the worst experiences ever. And that statement spans multiple dealerships from Surf City Nissan.....to the closed down Santa Monica Nissan ( I saw the writing on the wall there. I smiled the day I found out it went under) To Miller Nissan in San Fernando.

You all sucked. The only time I was treated like a human being was when I went to Infiniti to service my 370z.

I called corporate 9 months ago when I had a problem with the SM dealership. I will never buy or lease another Nissan again.

When I was 16 and had a Honda Civic, I was treated with more respect than I have been over the last 3 years.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Somehow the 370Z doesn't exist in the $30K range?

It's one thing if you're stuck in the low 20s range. But if you're looking at $30K...there's not much to look at beside the Z or even the upgraded Genesis.

TylerD

It's one thing if you're stuck in the low 20s range. But if you're looking at $30K...there's not much to look at beside the Z or even the upgraded Genesis.

You are totally right and I will be considering a gently used 370z and the upgraded Genesis Coupe as well.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack

Why would he consider an old, out of date, expensive as hell, maintenance heavy German car with a limited production motor and transmission combo?

Not to mention a rather ghastly looking interior considering it's not that old of a car. Ghastly may be a harsh word, but the center console is just so odd and boxy looking - I hate it. Also, if you don't have the sport wheel (which should've been standard on every M3) the standard steering wheel is vomit worthy.

Why would he consider an old, out of date, expensive as hell, maintenance heavy German car with a limited production motor and transmission combo?

Not to mention a rather ghastly looking interior considering it's not that old of a car. Ghastly may be a harsh word, but the center console is just so odd and boxy looking - I hate it. Also, if you don't have the sport wheel (which should've been standard on every M3) the standard steering wheel is vomit worthy.

This. The E46 M3 is a maintenance nightmare.

Zyzyxxz

With tax, delivery and options the car easily heads past 30K which is too bad. I wish it was priced more like the Mustang.

h1nch

Wuh.. well personally I like the looks of the Mustang over 370z

I agree. Also, I'm probably the only person who thinks the 370z looks worse than the 350z.

I love the interior. I can't explain it. There's something about it that seems timeless to me. But I'm a hopeless BMW fanboy. I imagine this is what the worst fanboys on the gaming side feel towards their respective consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom