• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a Lynx handheld
atarilynx.jpg

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Unbelievable if true. Americans truly ARE incapable of making a good looking interior. Why they keep sticking in squared boxes of shit into each and every sports car will be a mystery to me.

I'm genuinely hoping that is some sort of template or early design. For the love of God. It's the top bit of that stack that kills it all too...that screen is about the size of a 3 year old BlackBerry screen.

ameratsu

Used car shopping is such a hassle. Too many people want too much money for vehicles in poor condition. Also, too few people drive manuals.

AlphaSnake

My 2001 Maxima had a much better looking interior than that shit can. That is a genuinely pitiful looking interior.

ameratsu

What are you looking for?

Econobox that's reasonably fun to drive. Needs to be able to fit a bike or a few snowboards. Being easy to work on is also a plus. Almost bought a 2002 Protege 2.0ES, have also looked at a 3dr Saturn Astra, Mazda 3s and others. The thing is I'm Canadian, so finding something decent <$8k is proving to be a hassle.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Econobox that's reasonably fun to drive. Needs to be able to fit a bike or a few snowboards. Being easy to work on is also a plus. Almost bought a 2002 Protege 2.0ES, have also looked at a 3dr Saturn Astra, Mazda 3s and others. The thing is I'm Canadian, so finding something decent <$8k is proving to be a hassle.

Out of those listed, Mazda3s is your best option. Or a Subaru 5-door.

ascii42

Unbelievable if true. Americans truly ARE incapable of making a good looking interior. Why they keep sticking in squared boxes of shit into each and every sports car will be a mystery to me.

I'm genuinely hoping that is some sort of template or early design. For the love of God. It's the top bit of that stack that kills it all too...that screen is about the size of a 3 year old BlackBerry screen.

I doubt the center stack would change between now and then. Though it's almost certainly the base one. Might look better with a larger screen in place of the, well, Atari Lynx there at the top.

Americans can make a good looking interior...when it occurs to them to do so. They've made good strides recently, but they seem to completely not bother in this class of car.

AlphaSnake

I doubt the center stack would change between now and then. Though it's almost certainly the base one. Might look better with a larger screen in place of the, well, Atari Lynx there at the top.

Americans can make a good looking interior...when it occurs to them to do so. They've made good strides recently, but they seem to completely not bother in this class of car.

Idk....I'm going to try to be optimistic if only because this is projected for a later 2014 release, which is ways off.

sk3

Banned
Why do you need a button for every single digit? And I thought ABC DEF lettering on number keys was dead. Ugh. At least the knobs are massive and it doesn't use that terrible touch-button crap from other Ford cars.

Whatever, if this is the sacrifice we need to make for independent rear suspension, so be it.

AlphaSnake

Why do you need a button for every single digit? And I thought ABC DEF lettering on number keys was dead. Ugh. At least the knobs are massive and it doesn't use that terrible touch-button crap from other Ford cars.

Whatever, if this is the sacrifice we need to make for independent rear suspension, so be it.

The numbers are for dialing the phone without looking at the phone.

My mom's 2012 Volvo S60 has them too, but it looks a shit-ton nicer than that.

cajunator

Banned
I like what Im seeing of the new Mustang, but Id never be able to afford the insurance on one here.
Louisiana has ridiculous insurance costs.

N-Bomb

Counted over 40 buttons on the dash of my cousin's horrible Escape. Just in the center stack. Radio + HVAC + a couple misc. wtf, seriously.

AlphaSnake

Counted over 40 buttons on the dash of my cousin's horrible Escape. Just in the center stack. Radio + HVAC + a couple misc. wtf, seriously.

Porsches have over 100 on the console alone. Over 140 in total.

I counted on a Panamera and Cayenne once.

aznpxdd

Put on my wheels today :D

Needs a drop bad though. Gonna install matte black grilles next week after my business trip!

ibw7wSSwfstpVN.jpg

ib0Bf1qR6dew6C.jpg

ibpineWNFkOWPW.jpg

Also, here are latest pics of my friend's FR-S. Looking pretty nice IMO!

ibviW5h7VmNAGk.jpg

ibbWe87u3H6eyW.jpg

I believe he is being sponsored by Seibon, KW and Hankok.

Gunsmithx

Needs a drop bad though. Gonna install matte black grilles next week after my business trip!

ibw7wSSwfstpVN.jpg

ib0Bf1qR6dew6C.jpg

ibpineWNFkOWPW.jpg

Also, here are latest pics of my friend's FR-S. Looking pretty nice IMO!

ibviW5h7VmNAGk.jpg

ibbWe87u3H6eyW.jpg

I believe he is being sponsored by Seibon, KW and Hankok.

The wheels look really nice!

N-Bomb

ibw7wSSwfstpVN.jpg

ib0Bf1qR6dew6C.jpg

ibpineWNFkOWPW.jpg

That looks fine, but why does it need a drop? It seems like a bad trend these days that everyone on forums say 'needs a drop' whenever people post pics of their new cars.

aznpxdd

That looks fine, but why does it need a drop? It seems like a bad trend these days that everyone on forums say 'needs a drop' whenever people post pics of their new cars.

Yeah I'm gonna go with this height for a bit. But since the X1 is based off E90/91 platform, I'm thinking lowering it would help its handling a lot (especially with my wider track now). Doesn't hurt that it looks better too :p

Which white are you using? Alpine or Metallic?

Alpine.

Is that purple Plasti-Dip?

I think its purple/blue CF vinyl.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I've been really obsessing on the Tesla Model S-- and I'm back and forth whether to place a reserve for one. Ive seen pictures of the dashboard-- and its the sleekest and techno savy dashboard I've ever seen-- and surprisingly its smallest battery model is only a few thousand more than the Infiniti M- which has been a disappointment. Anyone here have a chance to drive it (probably california gaffers) and thoughts?

teslamodelsdrivelead01.jpg

And in terms of range-- I commute less than 10 miles back and forth to work and there is an electric car charging parking spot, which has been unoccupied.

Go for it, but be warned that the options add up quickly. You probably should at least add the tech package ($3,750), audio package ($950), paint armor ($950), parcel shelf ($250) and the sunroof ($1,500). Leather is an additional $1,500, as is the in-law seats.

Here's the configurator so you can build your own.

http://www.teslamotors.com/models/design

kagete

Wow was just lurking but I need to chime in that I want that wagon. I drove our company's fleet Mazda6 for around year back in 06 and I loved that thing then. The current is too curvy for me but this side profile and the other teaser pics make this seem awesome. The CX 5 looks great too

ruxtpin

Banned
Would anyone have any thoughts or recommendations on good sports-car in the 30k dollar range? Dunno' when I plan on buying, but I've been considering...

Thought about the 370Z, the FR-S, Mustang GT... I just don't know. It'd be nice to have something with a bit of power, but not break the bank.

Halvie

Banned
Would anyone have any thoughts or recommendations on good sports-car in the 30k dollar range? Dunno' when I plan on buying, but I've been considering...

Thought about the 370Z, the FR-S, Mustang GT... I just don't know. It'd be nice to have something with a bit of power, but not break the bank.

5.0, but I would make sure you can swap in that sic new center console before buying.

My friend did that to his 335i Sedan. It's comical.

But he did a clean job, so now him and his buddy are doing fairly professional quality work on other cars.

Too nice of a car to do that on. Don't tell me he is the dip your car guy pls

Archer

Go low mileage CPO and save yourself some $.

ascii42

All of those, plus the Camaro and Genesis Coupe are worth looking at. It's mostly a matter of personal taste, so you really need to test them all out. I'd go with the BRZ over the FR-S, just based on what I've seen of them. Though if you are looking for power, look elsewhere.

Personally, I've been talking myself into and out of buying a Camaro SS or Challenger R/T for more than 2 years now.

ascii42

seriously why does this have to be a camaro. If these numbers turn out to be real that is a STEAL for the price

http://jalopnik.com/5931109/camaro-1le-around-the-block

Jalopnik said:
To put this into perspective, it is faster at Virginia International Raceway than a 2009 Audi R8 V10 and a 2011 Cadillac CTS-V. It is only 0.3 seconds off the 662-hp 2013 Shelby Mustang GT500. Oh, and GM claims it's 4.5 seconds faster than the Phelps-like Boss 302 Laguna Seca.

What? HOW?

ascii42

yeah and for under $40k...nuts.
Yeah. From the article, it sounds like both the 1SS and 2SS can be ordered with it. Depending on price increases for the 2013 models, a 1SS 1LE should be right around $37k and a 2SS 1LE should be right around $40k.

ameratsu

Guys, this is the current center stack from an F150. I quoted it with the mustang one for comparison.

So unless you think ford plans on using the same center console as the current gen f150 for the next mustang, I would relax about the spy pic.

ascii42

Guys, this is the current center stack from an F150. I quoted it with the mustang one for comparison.

So unless you think ford plans on using the same center console as the current gen f150 for the next mustang, I would relax about the spy pic.

I'm not sure if it's a good sign or a bad one that those are actually different.

AlphaSnake

Yeah, that's why I was thinking it was a template or something veeeery early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom