• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovid

Forget the 360. I want a 512TR.

ferrari-512-tr-05.jpg
Isn't that the Testarossa?

gatti-man

What type of Vette is that?

Yup. I remember it being in the first Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit game. Beautiful car.

I don't think I've ever seen it in person though.

it's a limited edition Carbon. Has cf hood and other pieces, 3lz with alacantra trim interior and nav. It's one of 252 made. 2011 CPO. It's all original with just 1k miles.

paskowitz

got it for 73k flat. Original msrp was around 100k. Cheapest I've seen them for is 80k and it had 17k miles no CPO. I financed some through penfed at 1.5% apr.

Thanks! Me too. For the price nothing compares IMO.

So for the price of a normal Z06 you got a dope Z06... not bad.

bcl0328

saw a white camaro ZL1 on the way home. holy crap that thing is mean looking and sounds good. cars like that make me change my mind about what i bought (bmw 328i) sometimes, but then i think how unpractical it is. 19 mpg, 2 door, ugly interior. i just wish there was a car with that much hp and luxury. the m3 doesn't come close unless you supercharge it.

also, how many people even use all that hp? he's got 580 and cruises at 50 mph. seems like a waste.

gatti-man

Does it have this carbon swag? I saw this at a local exotics show recently. Carbon fiber valve covers, intake, and other goodies.

IMAG0422.jpg

I wish! it has a cf hood, mirrors, splitter, side skirts, and I think thats it. I really wish it had a cf roof. Probably pulling the seats and putting in cf seats from LG or Caravaggio. The stock vette seats really aren't good.

ascii42

saw a white camaro ZL1 on the way home. holy crap that thing is mean looking and sounds good. cars like that make me change my mind about what i bought (bmw 328i) sometimes, but then i think how unpractical it is. 19 mpg, 2 door, ugly interior. i just wish there was a car with that much hp and luxury. the m3 doesn't come close unless you supercharge it.

also, how many people even use all that hp? he's got 580 and cruises at 50 mph. seems like a waste.

CTS-V? It's the same engine. Fuel economy is still lousy, of course. But the interior is much better than the Camaro.

Ovid

CTS-V? It's the same engine. Fuel economy is still lousy, of course. But the interior is much better than the Camaro.
Basically a Corvette wearing a suit.

I know. I love to have like that to drive on the weekends but it will get trashed in NYC. Plus what you said.

RedAssedApe

Banned
So I leased a 07 TSX for about a year and then had to get a cheaper car for financial reasons. Ended up buying a 08 accord coupe ex-l which was about a few grand cheaper. I've been sort of regretting it every since. So its been 4 years now and my financial situation is much better now so I'm looking to upgrade.

Was hoping the ilx would be the missing link in Hondas lineup but I am auto only and the 2.0 is really underpowered..

Soooo...I've been contemplating trading my Accord in for a used 08 TSX. My Accord only has about 22k miles on it so I think the cost with trade-in would be pretty negligible. I know earth dreams is coming...maybe im just feeling nostalgic right and its affecting my judgement. Some of the new features of the Accord are nice but I'm mixed on the exterior styling.

Pein

Banned
I might be selling my G35 for a g37 hopefully soon. I love the way my G looks but I can get a 37 for only a few thousand more so why not? I was about to drop 5k on a new set of wheels and a bbk for it too. If I don't sell it Ill continue to mod it and just be happy with it.

On the other hand got a hks exhaust and injen intake for my is300, also bought a altezza grill and a double din system. Picked up a push button start too, have to class the thing up and make it much nicer then when I bough it. Its gonna be a badass little project when I'm done with it. Next year Ill get wheels and paint it that IS-F blue.

So I leased a 07 TSX for about a year and then had to get a cheaper car for financial reasons. Ended up buying a 08 accord coupe ex-l which was about a few grand cheaper. I've been sort of regretting it every since. So its been 4 years now and my financial situation is much better now so I'm looking to upgrade.

Was hoping the ilx would be the missing link in Hondas lineup but I am auto only and the 2.0 is really underpowered..

Soooo...I've been contemplating trading my Accord in for a used 08 TSX. My Accord only has about 22k miles on it so I think the cost with trade-in would be pretty negligible. I know earth dreams is coming...maybe im just feeling nostalgic right and its affecting my judgement. Some of the new features of the Accord are nice but I'm mixed on the exterior styling.
considered a 07+ G sedan? They're pretty affordable and are 300+hp.

Arucardo

I know this isn't going to win me any popularity points, but you know what I think of when I see an F40?

That hideous spoiler makes Subaru spoilers look docile.

I bet you'll love this then ;) :

993-matte-black-rauh-welt-porsche.jpg

DOUBLE SPOILER!

I love Rauh Welt cars, if I ever become wealthy enough an RWB car is on top of my list.

coldfoot

Banned

2008 TL is a nice choice, should be cheap and it's the last year they made a good looking one.
Assuming you like fwd because you live in the snowbelt, otherwise I'd go with BMW or Infiniti.

Anybody here have experience with CarMax? I'm selling my 2004 WRX and don't want to deal with private buyers, but the closest CarMax is about 200 miles away, so I would like to know about what they'll give me before driving down.

gatti-man

Anybody here have experience with CarMax? I'm selling my 2004 WRX and don't want to deal with private buyers, but the closest CarMax is about 200 miles away, so I would like to know about what they'll give me before driving down.

in my experience they will give you bottom dollar. I literally laughed when they tried to give me 12k my a 350z I was shopping around in 2008. Got 16k on trade from a local dealer. Carmax lowballed me 4k compared to dealer trade in.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member

Guess I'll be driving around a waste then. Just got it home.

nHZrH.jpg

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
zl1s look nice. People break necks at the carbon. Had a dude almost hit me in his car today he was staring so hard.

That carbon is amazing, congrats! At the Chevy dealer today a dude pulled up in a 2012 Z06, full black, with after-market headers/catbacks and who knows what else. Sounded unreal.

I've already had people taking pics of the ZL1, as I was getting it tinted. The color looks amazing in person.

matmanx1

The new Camaro's are mean looking and great performing cars for the money. But, like most American made performance cars I find them either too large and heavy (Mustang, Camaro, Charger) or to have mediocre to bad interiors (all of them). Of course, I am very picky and freely admit that. Anyway, grats on the new Camaro. I hope you enjoy it.

gatti-man

The new Camaro's are mean looking and great performing cars for the money. But, like most American made performance cars I find them either too large and heavy (Mustang, Camaro, Charger) or to have mediocre to bad interiors (all of them). Of course, I am very picky and freely admit that. Anyway, grats on the new Camaro. I hope you enjoy it.

Dude if you have the cash check out a carbon. The interior is on par with my BMW 5 series IMO.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Dude if you have the cash check out a carbon. The interior is on par with my BMW 5 series IMO.

No offense, but the Carbon Edition has virtually no aesthetic or ergonomic change to the interior - the gauges and dashboard are still disgusting, and the center console is a 1990s style mess with enormous and disproportionate looking air-con dials. Yes, the materials are of higher quality, but the look of it remains the same.

I love virtually everything about the Camaro beside that terrible looking cabin. If they can make a good looking interior for the next gen car, I'd certainly consider it.

In any case, I've seen a ZL1 here and there in Nassau (Manhasset) and Brooklyn (Ocean Pkwy) - both of which were grey. Great looking car, understated, but has a presence.

snoopen

Why do people have tissues at the back of their car Window? Is it something to do with drifting? Also, are bowlers hats similar?

Forsete

My dream car:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/72/Mercedes-Benz_W124_front_20080808.jpg/800px-Mercedes-Benz_W124_front_20080808.jpg
[IMG]http://i.auto-bild.de/ir_img/5/5/2/9/8/4/Mercedes-Benz-S124-T-Modell-560x373-ce27709722dac2bc.jpg

Serously, I love these old Mercs, especially the E class![/QUOTE]

Yes, same here. Too bad they rust away (like all cars by MB). :/

n0n44m

I still remember our old 190 D fondly

70 horsepower and 0-100 km/h in 18 seconds

going on holiday in the Alps with that thing was fun (in a terrifying kind of way)

Rad Agast

got it for 73k flat. Original msrp was around 100k. Cheapest I've seen them for is 80k and it had 17k miles no CPO. I financed some through penfed at 1.5% apr.

Thanks! Me too. For the price nothing compares IMO.

Congrats. I know my cousin will be very jealous once I show him that pic you posted tomorrow (he's a big Corvette fan).

Acid08

Banned

This but I hate the way they look. "mean"=ugly in this case.

I do definitely respect the performance they put out though.

coldfoot

Banned
Never liked cars with impossibly small windows that are impossible to see out of, unless they're italian supercars from the 70's and 80's. That's why I absolutely despise the camaro's styling, and would also never buy a mustang or challenger. I wish they made a ZL-1 version of the pontiac G8, which was the better looking, more practical, easier to see out of version of the Camaro with better visibility. That would be a killer car.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I feel like the Mustang is evolving past retro with each update. I like the Camaro, but the Challenger is the only one to properly pull off the retro look in my opinion.

I actually agree and my problem is as much with the trend, and god it has gone on too long, as the final appearance. It looks like a custom concept car and in that goal it's very successful. Looks like an airbrushed hotrod.

ascii42

Never liked cars with impossibly small windows that are impossible to see out of, unless they're italian supercars from the 70's and 80's. That's why I absolutely despise the camaro's styling, and would also never buy a mustang or challenger. I wish they made a ZL-1 version of the pontiac G8, which was the better looking, more practical, easier to see out of version of the Camaro with better visibility. That would be a killer car.

Perhaps we'll see that with the upcoming Chevy SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom