• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014-jeep-cherokee-2-opt.jpg

o_O

this is hideous and i do not use that word often.

If anyone wants an old man car, the Lincoln MKZ's are here. They've been here for a few weeks now. I just jumped in one and the interior's pretty mice, but keep in mind I'm not a big driver. Not sure if everyone sees it the same way as me.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
It's actually a Nissan Juke ripoff, from the miniscule turn-signal housing (that isn't a headlight, fyi), to the actual headlight housing right below it.

The Nissan Juke has the same layout.

Reven

It's actually a Nissan Juke ripoff, from the miniscule turn-signal housing (that isn't a headlight, fyi), to the actual headlight housing right below it.

The Nissan Juke has the same layout.

Of all the cars they could choose to emulate they just had to chose that monstrosity.

minx

Damn. I was looking forward to the Cherokee. All they had to do was make a smaller Grand Cherokee. I'm willing to bet this will get an immediate 1 year refresh. Already major damage control going on for Chrysler.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
The biggest problem with that Jeep is the awful grille. I don't mind the rest of it.

Anybody else find some cars really beautiful yet those damn insignias ruin the look of the car? And You would get rid of it if you were to buy the car?

Dart seems to be a decent choice. I haven't heard anything on reliability yet.

I am thinking about selling the EVO and picking up a C5 Z06 corvette.
Would I be insane?

I have a c5 z05. Get one 2002 or above. Read up on the valve issue.

It an amazing car. Beautifully balanced and handles great.

For track days, it'll kick some serious ass. Leave traction control off. It's too intrusive, even for street fun.

Only drawback is shitty interior but worth putting up with for the performance.

Feel free to ask questions.

Ash_69

Following on from Top Gear's announcement that for the first time, the Mustang will be sold in the UK in right hand drive -

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/34801/new-ford-mustang-set-world-debut

I am MASSIVELY excited for this. American's probably wont appreciate the asthetics because they're as common as Ford Focus's are over here but I along with the UK population (yes I speak for them) think it's beautiful and definately sticks out from the crowd. Also, DAT SOUND. Not sure what the Eco boost will sound like but I don't think many would consider that in a Mustang.

Seems like they are making improvements to the suspension and interiors to bring it to European quality too which is a good thing. Assuming that this priced right, I shall be procuring one immediately.

Wish I made more money, I want my fleet of sports coupes and GTs. :(

ascii42

Anybody else find some cars really beautiful yet those damn insignias ruin the look of the car? And You would get rid of it if you were to buy the car?
I haven't done it, but I've seen many people black out the Chevy logo, as the gold is a bit garish. I've entertained the idea though, could look good on a black car.

I haven't done it, but I've seen many people black out the Chevy logo, as the gold is a bit garish. I've entertained the idea though, could look good on a black car.

I mean, I love the new corvette, but that logo... Ughhh :

This reeks Nascar to me instead of super car sophistication. I'd trasfer the corvette typography where that logo curently is on the back, Get rid of it on the front.

iamblades

lol AAaaggggh, the profile is even worse.

Wouldn't be all that bad if it weren't for the hideous black plastic cladding. The overall silhouette isn't terrible, if it is a bit bland.

Also that panel gap in between the doors is all kinds of sloppy. Looks like someone cut the thing in half and superglued it back together. The tops and bottoms of the doors don't even match, and neither does the middle line at the sill. Then the gap between the pillars is like 3x as wide as the gap between the door panels.

ugh.

ascii42

Wouldn't be all that bad if it weren't for the hideous black plastic cladding. The overall silhouette isn't terrible, if it is a bit bland.

Also that panel gap in between the doors is all kinds of sloppy. Looks like someone cut the thing in half and superglued it back together. The tops and bottoms of the doors don't even match, and neither does the middle line at the sill. Then the gap between the pillars is like 3x as wide as the gap between the door panels.

ugh.

The proportions are weird on the third window. I think the front two windows suggest a back window more along the lines of the Chevy Traverse:
2013_chevrolet_traverse-pic-8333557198561864431.png

But obviously the Jeep would have to be much longer. So I'm not sure what I'd to to fix that.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Do Corvettes ever not reek of Nascar?

comeatmegaf

They used to. They haven't for an entire generation. I mean, there's a demographic crossover, but the cars have been bargain bin Ferraris for a while.

Buyers are going to be fat guys In lLeather jackets for some time, however.

SummitAve

Banned

I always thought blacked out logos looked so stupid, and I drive a black car. I guess it's not as bad as taking the logos off completely and leaving an awkward blank space while you drive around pretending like your car isn't screaming its brand by design alone.

ascii42

I always thought blacked out logos looked so stupid, and I drive a black car. I guess it's not as bad as taking the logos off completely and leaving an awkward blank space while you drive around pretending like your car isn't screaming its brand by design alone.

I think it works with Chevy, though, as long as they leave the chrome surround.
images

TCRS

Banned
If we are talking about old cars, I still want this one:

800px-Mercedes-Benz_W124_front_20080808.jpg

When Mercedes built robust cars. You still see them around. The same cannot be said for the W210 (the sucessor), they have probably all fallen apart. They did fix a lot of things with the W211 and the W212 seems to be doing well too (I don't like the facelift though, made the car hideous).

But yeah that W124 is still a dream car of mine.

Aguirre

If we are talking about old cars, I still want this one:

800px-Mercedes-Benz_W124_front_20080808.jpg

When Mercedes still built robust cars. You still see them around. The same cannot be said for the W210 (the sucessor), they have probably all fallen apart. They did fix a lot of things with the W211 and the W212 seems to be doing well too (I don't like the facelift though, made the car hideous).

But yeah that W124 is still a dream car of mine.

thats not a 190! my dad had..or rather has.... a 190, that thing just went on and on. his was a diesel. it was slow, it was noisy but... it didnt give him any trouble at all. he's still got it, but its been deemed un-roadworthy so he's set about restoring her!

ascii42

Before I settled on getting my Olds, I looked at getting a W126, particularly the 300SDL. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a good one near me.

Viperbah

Do Corvettes ever not reek of Nascar?

comeatmegaf

I sort of like nascar and occasionally wear leather jackets. Plus I evolved from a Z06 (helpful hint: that's a corvette) to a viper....fuck. I need to buy a European sports car to offset my redneck desires, but I just can't....be....that....slow...aarrgh...gaf help me.

I sort of like nascar and occasionally wear leather jackets. Plus I evolved from a Z06 (helpful hint: that's a corvette) to a viper....fuck. I need to buy a European sports car to offset my redneck desires, but I just can't....be....that....slow...aarrgh...gaf help me.

Drive what you like, not what other people like.

N-Bomb

Maybe. I do hate this tendency to corporate grilles that MUST GO ON EVERYTHING even if it makes the front end look like ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom