• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
03-2014-jeep-grand-cherokee-ecodiesel-fd-1361862623.jpg

Jeep, you confuse the fuck out of everyone.

So Nissan announced that they're expanding NISMO and finally giving the US some proper offerings.

That includes a NISMO GT-R. How the hell do you make a GT-R better performance wise?

Viperbah

So Nissan announced that they're expanding NISMO and finally giving the US some proper offerings.

That includes a NISMO GT-R. How the hell do you make a GT-R better performance wise?

Pretty cool, I thought they sold a Nismo 350z in the US at one point?

As for the GTR, It could use more track related improvements, which is what I think its going to be.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I really thought that it was a photoshop...what were they thinking?
k-bigpic.jpg

ku-large.jpg

It looks like they looked at an LR Evoque and asked, "how can we make this look like something Walter White would drive?"

Pretty cool, I thought they sold a Nismo 350z in the US at one point?

As for the GTR, It could use more track related improvements, which is what I think its going to be.

Yeah, a NISMO 370Z is still available now, but I think they used to offer more than just the one model, even if it was pretty much the most reasonable one.

The new lineup will be starting things off with the NISMO Juke. Yay.... .__.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Nice looking beast :D

Also, i must said that my old trustworthy Golf V did outstanding job this weekend - 1910 km driven in two days, working like charm. Also broke speed record on some Autobahn stretch near Kaiserslautern :D

Vyroxis

Banned
So, I decided to go into my garage today to check the battery in my old 77 Silverado. Turned the key, saw light, cranked the motor, and that stubborn old 350 roared to life and purred like a kitten.

Spring rains cannot come soon enough. I hate my Ram to no end and can't wait to use my old baby as my DD.

Circle T

With the specs and everything the P1 has going for it, I'm predicting a SUB 1m10s time around the Top Gear track when it gets its shot. I'll go so far as to peg it for going sub 7m on the Nürb too.

That thing is just amazing. The minimalist look of the interior is so great. I just love the way McLaren is doing things these days. Leave the flash and sexy for Ferrari and Pagani, they just want high-tech speed and performance. I love it.

cajunator

Banned

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
That might be the first electronic cluster that doesn't look like a 90s website designed by a blind aardvark.
No, instead it looks like a digital gauge from some crappy American car from 70s when gauges like that tried to be the thing. Also the font used (Bank Gothic) practically screams 90s.

Viperbah

Rumor is GM may be working on 2015 lower cost Corvette (Motor Trend April Issue)

Probably a smaller engine(5.3), less optioned and coupe only.

Personally, I don't see GM doing this. It's too smart business wise for them.

ascii42

Rumor is GM may be working on 2015 lower cost Corvette (Motor Trend April Issue)

Probably a smaller engine(5.3), less optioned and coupe only.

Personally, I don't see GM doing this. It's too smart business wise for them.

I could see them doing a hard top coupe, possibly with less options, but I don't know about the smaller engine.

Viperbah

?

They should called it the Cruiser, to continue the maritime naming.

I think a version of the C7 at 40k would definitely cannibalize sales of Camaro SS's and 1LE's, but its still a 10k price difference between the two.

GM has done this in the past with corvettes. They offered the 327 on the C3's for a while.

Ravenn17

What would you guys recommend to someone who is on an 18k budget looking for a new, reliable car that's fun to drive? The two that interest me so far are the Dodge Dart and Mazda 3.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Would would you guys recommend to someone who is on an 18k budget looking for a new, reliable car that's fun to drive? The two that interest me so far are the Dodge Dart and Mazda 3.

Um Mazda 3. But consider a Honda Fit and a Ford Focus.

ascii42

What would you guys recommend to someone who is on an 18k budget looking for a new, reliable car that's fun to drive? The two that interest me so far are the Dodge Dart and Mazda 3.

My sister recently picked up a Chevy Sonic Turbo. I only drove it a bit, but it seemed decently fun for an econobox. Tough to tell about reliability yet, but the same goes for the Dart.

Um Mazda 3. But consider a Honda Fit and a Ford Focus.

Along with these, there's also the Ford Fiesta, which is a bit smaller and cheaper than the Focus.

matmanx1

My sister recently picked up a Chevy Sonic Turbo. I only drove it a bit, but it seemed decently fun for an econobox. Tough to tell about reliability yet, but the same goes for the Dart.

Along with these, there's also the Ford Fiesta, which is a bit smaller and cheaper than the Focus.

I think you can also pick up a Scion tC for that amount of money and since it shares parts with a Toyota Corolla they are very reliable cars. Like the other cars on your list it's more "sporty" than true sports but it would be a good car for the money.

Circle T

The FT86 "Open Concept" is official now, and will be fully unveiled at Geneva. This looks much better than I would have expected. I'm always apprehensive when coupes get made into drop-tops, but this actually has decent lines with the top down. I'm not the target buyer for this type of vehicle, but with the way the Miata still sells very well, giving people another option in that market can't hurt.

FT86 Club - Open Concept thread - (Many more pics there)

YouTube Video

j7Q7IJn.jpg

lzelhK9.jpg

yBLJsmY.jpg

TylerD

The FT86 "Open Concept" is official now, and will be fully unveiled at Geneva. This looks much better than I would have expected. I'm always apprehensive when coupes get made into drop-tops, but this actually has decent lines with the top down. I'm not the target buyer for this type of vehicle, but with the way the Miata still sells very well, giving people another option in that market can't hurt.]

It looks damn good.

gryz

Banned
The FT86 "Open Concept" is official now, and will be fully unveiled at Geneva. This looks much better than I would have expected. I'm always apprehensive when coupes get made into drop-tops, but this actually has decent lines with the top down. I'm not the target buyer for this type of vehicle, but with the way the Miata still sells very well, giving people another option in that market can't hurt.

so is this thing designed from the ground up to be a roadster or is it just the fr-s with the roof cut off and some reinforcement added?

I think you can also pick up a Scion tC for that amount of money and since it shares parts with a Toyota Corolla they are very reliable cars. Like the other cars on your list it's more "sporty" than true sports but it would be a good car for the money.

Insurance is way high on the tc.
I second a Mazda 3.

I still prefer the Miata over the FR-S.

man, mazda came so close with the cx5. no manual tranny for the awd version and a kinda slow engine. at least it's fairly lightweight for what it is.
so close mazda. maybe next years model will be better.

coldfoot

Banned
FT-86 convertible already looks better than the hardtop. Lack of power might be an issue in the coupe, but I'd be perfectly happy with its engine in a droptop.
Still, they should have deleted the rear seats, so we could have something close to a new S2000.

Circle T

so is this thing designed from the ground up to be a roadster or is it just the fr-s with the roof cut off and some reinforcement added?

I don't know officially, but my guess would be the latter. I'm sure, given how long this car was in development, making a convertible version was brought up at some point, but the main emphasis was certainly a coupe first. So yea, it will most likely be a bit heavier, and not handle quite as well, but I'm not sure the buyer for a car like this would care much about either of those "negative" issues. For a nice looking, decent handling, relatively inexpensive convertible, this car looks pretty good. Again, not my type of car, but should do nicely when it becomes real.

MechDX

hemi_zps7718d622.jpg

Just bought tonight. 2012 Ram Texas Edition with the 5.7L Hemi engine. Sticker was $39000 got it for $26600 after trade, Nice truck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom