• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stldave2

Gorgeous viper, I didn't know they were doing track days at COTA but I am glad to see they are.

Yeah, Bobby Epstein had the track the day before our event for him and his pals. MVP had it for three days, the staff was super cool and were excited to have us... But we all got the feeling that management was less than thrilled to let in the "riff-raff". Only track I've ever been too where race-prepped Porsches/Vipers/Ferraris/Vettes felt like second class lol

You should have seen the fines if you gouged the pavement in the paddock/dented a wall/spilled fluids.

Sailor

Why are Corvette C6's SO overpriced on craigslist?! I'm in the market for one but people are selling them from $30k+ when they're listed for $20-22k on KBB! What is wrong with these people..

Spottty

Neo Member
KBB value has no baring on cars like that. Sports cars are a different breed. If you were talking a honda civic or a f150 KBB comes into play.

Nice choice though! Those cars are badass. Maybe look at C5 Z06's too.

Why are Corvette C6's SO overpriced on craigslist?! I'm in the market for one but people are selling them from $30k+ when they're listed for $20-22k on KBB! What is wrong with these people..

Firstly- Corvette? Craigslist? *cringe*

Secondly- KBBV has no bearing on the going price on a car like that, it's demand and nothing else. KBB doesn't adjust it's prices with the ebb and flow of demand. You should be browsing corvette enthusiast forums for a proper price estimation and buying information.

edit: whoops, I just echoed what the guy above me said.

Sailor

Firstly- Corvette? Craigslist? *cringe*

Secondly- KBBV has no bearing on the going price on a car like that, it's demand and nothing else. KBB doesn't adjust it's prices with the ebb and flow of demand. You should be browsing corvette enthusiast forums for a proper price estimation and buying information.

edit: whoops, I just echoed what the guy above me said.

Hmm..I've bought all my cars on craigslist didn't think it was a problem. But thanks for the heads up I'll start searching corvette forums.

But gosh darn I hope that's not the going price on a car from 06. My budget is $23k, hoping I don't have to change my choice cuz of that.

coldfoot

Banned
Speaking of Corvettes:

k-bigpic.jpg

Hmm..I've bought all my cars on craigslist didn't think it was a problem. But thanks for the heads up I'll start searching corvette forums.

But gosh darn I hope that's not the going price on a car from 06. My budget is $23k, hoping I don't have to change my choice cuz of that.

Well that's from my personal experience using CL, CL is basically the lowest-common denominator of selling and I'd be worried about buying an expensive car from someone who uses CL to sell it.

Another of my favorite ways to browse cars is with http://www.autotrader.com/ , a good way to figure out what fair market price is.

stldave2

Nobody cares about the body! What lens? :)

Sorry, I kinda feel like a douche if I just come in and start dropping numbers no one cares about lol

70-200 2.8 Nikkor

edit: FWIW I looked up some of the damage fines Circuit of the Americas was charging... $1250.00 per lin. ft. guardrail, $400.00 per sq. ft. astro-turf, etc. etc.

Took this shot at COTA last month. Was a HELL of a weekend! I got to setup shop in Alonso's garage... was great times until a close encounter with the wall inside turn 19:( Hooray duct tape!

COTA1small.jpg

Wow I love this image, the background looks amazing as well. I would love a higher res to use a background.

Wag

I just watched Revenge of the Electric Car on Netflix. How are they doing? It makes it seem like Volts, Leafs and Teslas (to some extent) are doing well. I haven't seen one on the road, let alone know someone who owns one.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
New Lambo Veneno leaked early ahead of Geneva debut. Limited to 3, already spoken for.

k-bigpic.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

More here. There's another pic of it out, but it's a scan, so avoid posting. Kinda hate the front, it's ugly as sin, but I find comfort in knowing Lambo is at least trying to go back to some bonkers designs with their limited edition cars at least. Dat top view.

I just watched Revenge of the Electric Car on Netflix. How are they doing? It makes it seem like Volts, Leafs and Teslas (to some extent) are doing well. I haven't seen one on the road, let alone know someone who owns one.

I don't know, but my sister has a Volt.

TylerD

That is a proper batshit insane Lambo.

From jalop comments:

McLaren - We've improved our aerodynamics to make the world's best supercar

Ferrari - We've used our F1 experience to give the F70 KERS and other electronic assitance

Porsche - We've made the perfect balance between internal combustion and electric motors

Lamborghini - We've put fins & shit on there - and it looks awesome!

The Lamborghini Veneno - "Because fuck you, that's why"

Watevaman

I'm curious as to how cars like this become "called for." Do exotic companies call preferential customers and say "hey, we're gonna come out with a new beast and want to know if you're interested" or is it more along the lines of the customers saying they'd like to be informed of new models?

ascii42

Last I heard, the Volt was selling around 1,500 to 2,000 per month or so, the Leaf around half that. I've seen at least three Volts in my area, which is a town of around 50,000 people. I've also seen one Nissan Leaf. I've never seen a Tesla, which isn't surprising considering the price.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I'm curious as to how cars like this become "called for." Do exotic companies call preferential customers and say "hey, we're gonna come out with a new beast and want to know if you're interested" or is it more along the lines of the customers saying they'd like to be informed of new models?

Yep, actually.

They make them sign NDAs during secret presentations.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
That Lambo looks like the razor that finally made Gillette say, "hmm we might have gone too far this time."

cajunator

Banned
Can't unsee:

jbeTQCwFNKjsYj.jpg

the front end of the gt86 is really unfortunate.
hideously unfortunate.

Ive seen a Fisker Karma in town.
electric cars have much more presence than they ever have before.
the hybrid electric systems in new supercars are making the concept of electric cars exciting and aspirational.
its a good future ahead for them.

FStop7

Banned
That Lambo is insane.

I saw a mix of around 10 different Lambos today from early Gallardos to a couple of Aventadors, and that thing makes them look boring and plain.

bremon

Just bought tonight. 2012 Ram Texas Edition with the 5.7L Hemi engine. Sticker was $39000 got it for $26600 after trade, Nice truck!
Congratulations, I don't see enough truck talk in this thread, and the current Ram is really impressive. My brother-in-law drives a 2012 Sport, and the interior really embarrasses my '10 Silverado. They look pretty beefy from the outside too.

cajunator

Banned
man. we get to see the debut of this Lamborghini, the Ferrari F70, Mclaren P1 production, Spykers new car, and whatever Sbarro has come up with in two days time. plus there are always surprises by independent manufacturers.
geneva autoshow is the best autoshow of the year.

injurai

Banned
New Lambo Veneno leaked early ahead of Geneva debut. Limited to 3, already spoken for.

k-bigpic.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

More here. There's another pic of it out, but it's a scan, so avoid posting. Kinda hate the front, it's ugly as sin, but I find comfort in knowing Lambo is at least trying to go back to some bonkers designs with their limited edition cars at least. Dat top view.

could they make it any uglier?

That Veneo pisses pure sex and probably impregnates every woman in a thousand miles radius with its exhaust note.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnng. Can't wait to drive it in GT6/Forza 5.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Nope. The front end is just so boring and... floppy? Something. I really don't like the new 3. The bonnet is rubbish, the profile is busted, it's just not good.
Seriously? I absolutely love the way it looks in person. It's one of the cars I'm seriously considering buying when I get to Europe, to be honest.

Ah well, opinions and all that.

Dead Man

Seriously? I absolutely love the way it looks in person. It's one of the cars I'm seriously considering buying when I get to Europe, to be honest.

Ah well, opinions and all that.

They are great cars, I just think the styling has been going downhill since the e46. That was sort of tough and chunky, the last couple have been...soggy. I can't really explain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom