• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N-Bomb

image-6.jpg

I'M A CONSUMER WHORE!

I'd also like to know what a sound changer is. A fake BOV?

They are great cars, I just think the styling has been going downhill since the e46. That was sort of tough and chunky, the last couple have been...soggy. I can't really explain it.

Electric Steering.
Shit sucks no matter what PR message companies ram down your throat.

I'd also like to know what a sound changer is. A fake BOV?

Apparently there's a tube that runs "sound" into the cabin and these go inline with the tube to adjust how much sound gets through. Seems pretty stupid and an easy way for Toyota to sell a $40 set of plastic elbows to dummies, no offense OnkelC.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Last I heard, the Volt was selling around 1,500 to 2,000 per month or so, the Leaf around half that. I've seen at least three Volts in my area, which is a town of around 50,000 people. I've also seen one Nissan Leaf. I've never seen a Tesla, which isn't surprising considering the price.
I've seen at least two Tesla Model S sedans in white in Palm Beach County, FL. They look great in person.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Apparently there's a tube that runs "sound" into the cabin and these go inline with the tube to adjust how much sound gets through. Seems pretty stupid and an easy way for Toyota to sell a $40 set of plastic elbows to dummies, no offense OnkelC.

Ford and (I think) Chevy has these in their muscle cars.

J-Rzez

image-6.jpg

I'M A CONSUMER WHORE!

I remember when I bought the $300 smoked gas door and "polish" gas cap for my 2000 Celica GT-S. Looked fucking amazing. I had some of their functional stuff too, like the 3-pt rear tower brace, Kazuma exhaust, and their short-shifter kit. Really-really good stuff. You pay out the nose for it though.

Three60

2014 Porsche 911 GT3

More pics here >

http://www.netcarshow.com/porsche/2014-911_gt3/

Power comes from a 3.8-liter six-cylinder boxer engine that features variable valve timing, direct injection, titanium connecting rods and forged pistons. It enables the engine to produce 475 HP (349 kW) and 324 lb-ft (438 Nm) of torque. The engine is connected to a seven-speed dual clutch transmission which sends power to the rear wheels via a locking differential. Acceleration from 0-100 km/h takes 3.5 seconds, before hitting a top speed of 315 km/h (195 mph). To put things into prospective, Porsche says the model can lap the Nürburgring Nordschleife in less than seven minutes and thirty seconds.

Make sure to watch this video also >

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ECATvlRf3ls

Circle T

I love the 991, and this new GT3 just takes it all up a whole set of levels. Looks great and I like all the new tech. Really amazing. I can't wait to see it, and hear it, in motion.

aznpxdd

Fuuuck that GT3 looks awesome.

I've never experienced a more visceral feeling while being the passenger of my friends GT3RS on the track.

What an amazing car, this 991 GT3. Being as fast around the 'Ring as a Carrera GT is pretty nuts.

Not surprised to see PDK as standard after all the rumors, but the 7-speed stick will surely be an option. It's a GT3 for crying out loud.

matmanx1

That music is epic.

Sucks, though, that I can't drive this car outside of a Need for Speed game. Why EA doesn't make money off selling Porsche sub-licenses to sim racer developers, I'll never understand.

This. 1000x this. I hate the fact that Porsche does not appear in some of my favorite racing games. GT3 is hot, as expected.

ascii42

That music is epic.

Sucks, though, that I can't drive this car outside of a Need for Speed game. Why EA doesn't make money off selling Porsche sub-licenses to sim racer developers, I'll never understand.

Yeah, seriously. It's not like EA's going to come out with a game that's somehow going to convince me to not buy Gran Turismo. Just let them have Porsches.

I hope to one day live in a world where the spoiler of higher trimmed 911s doesn't look like the ugliest piece of garbage that has ever been put on a car and has effectively been ruining the aesthetic of a legend for decades.

Those things make WRXs look good, and that's quite a feat.

Circle T

He's right though. Cayman and Carrera GT show that Porsche needn't be tied to that silhouette. Hell, even the new Cayenne is more interesting. Call me crazy but I like my exotics to look exotic.

918 says hi.

But really though, thats what all the other models are for. They can keep making the 911, with its small, iterative improvements, and then leave all the other cars for varied drivetrain and body style configurations. It's not like the 911 is the only car they make. Soon, you'll have the 911 with rear engine, the Cayman/Boxter and 918 with mid engine, and then Panamera, Cayenne, and Macan with Front Engine.

El_Chino

918 says hi.

But really though, thats what all the other models are for. They can keep making the 911, with its small, iterative improvements, and then leave all the other cars for varied drivetrain and body style configurations. It's not like the 911 is the only car they make. Soon, you'll have the 911 with rear engine, the Cayman/Boxter and 918 with mid engine, and then Panamera, Cayenne, and Macan with Front Engine.

That's only time Porsche now how to make their cars look exotic, when it's approaching or surpassed the $1 Million Dollar range.

can someone tell me why chevy needs to close their grille?

better aerodynamics = better gas? it seems a bit of a stretch, more airflow to the radiator/engine would be better..

Circle T

That's only time Porsche now how to make their cars look exotic, when it's approaching or surpassed the $1 Million Dollar range.

I think it's safe to say, given their very small attempts at the segment, that the "Exotic" car buyer isn't a high priority for them. They've only made the 911 GT1, Carrera GT and soon the 918 in the span of roughly 20 years.

El_Chino

I think it's safe to say, given their very small attempts at the segment, that the "Exotic" car buyer isn't a high priority for them. They've only made the 911 GT1, Carrera GT and soon the 918 in the span of roughly 20 years.

That's my beef with Porsche, they're afraid to think out of the box with their cars for exception of the cars you've named. They have uninspiring car designers.

LOZLINK

Is this where we have questions regarding purchases of cars?
I've narrowed my choices down to a few and still having trouble deciding
Honda Accord Euro (Acura TSX for NA)
Mazda 3 SP23
Holden (GM) Cruze
Lancer Vrx

2008-2009 models for all of them except the cruze which is 2011

SummitAve

Banned
New Lambo Veneno leaked early ahead of Geneva debut. Limited to 3, already spoken for.

k-bigpic.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

More here. There's another pic of it out, but it's a scan, so avoid posting. Kinda hate the front, it's ugly as sin, but I find comfort in knowing Lambo is at least trying to go back to some bonkers designs with their limited edition cars at least. Dat top view.

Looks like a body builder with muscles budging sharply out of every unnatural nook and corner...I mean look at that 6 pack.

edit: stupid looking car

much better pic.

3380646a.jpg

People who saw the car at Ferrari's private presentation are apparently saying this is legit. We'll know for sure in a matter of hours.

And the name? They're saying it will be the Ferrari LaFerrari... There aren't enough :lols in the world if that shit turns out to be true.

cajunator

Banned
People who saw the car at Ferrari's private presentation are apparently saying this is legit. We'll know for sure in a matter of hours.

And the name? They're saying it will be the Ferrari LaFerrari... There aren't enough :lols in the world if that shit turns out to be true.

no confirmation needed.
its legit.
actually tani hanna confirmed it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom