• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N-Bomb

When people are selling cars on craigslist and they say "no lowballing" what exactly do they mean? Say the guy says $20k or best offer..what would be a lowball offer in your opinion?

It means look elsewhere because the guy thinks too highly of his car.

ascii42

When people are selling cars on craigslist and they say "no lowballing" what exactly do they mean? Say the guy says $20k or best offer..what would be a lowball offer in your opinion?

I'd say trying to get more than a third or so off the price is lowballing.

Sailor

It means don't offer $10,000 for a car that's worth $20,000. Basically means don't waste my time with stupid offers.

Oh, ok..I wasn't planning on offering that low anyhow. Dude is selling a S2k with 17k miles on it..thinking of going for an offer around $17k, but I doubt he'll bite.

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG

2014-cla45-amg-4.jpg

2014-cla45-amg-15.jpg

0-60 in 4.5s, starting at $47,450.

For reference, the $60,000 C63 AMG is quoted at 4.4s

2014 Buick Regal.

Base model gets a Horsepower increase while the GS will actually be losing 11 horses. Also, why does it look like the NYC show in an abandoned warehouse? That lighting is god awful. Maybe that's just Buick's area.

ascii42

CLA 45AMG sounds pretty sweet.

2014 Buick Regal.

Base model gets a Horsepower increase while the GS will actually be losing 11 horses. Also, why does it look like the NYC show in an abandoned warehouse? That lighting is god awful. Maybe that's just Buick's area.

Adding AWD is the big news. People have been bitching about that since they announced the Regal GS. Looks like GS is mostly an appearance trim now, with only a couple performance features, like the suspension.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
NY Auto Show was incredible.

The Jaguar F-Type V8S is my next car for sure.

Jag reps at the show both confirmed that the coupe will arrived 4-6 months after the convertible, will cost about $5K cheaper, and has a probability of coming with the rumored 6-speed manual.

Sign me the fuck up.

ascii42

In other news, Volvo is bringing the V60 to the US.

002-2014-volvo-v60-opt.jpg

I drove the family station wagon, which was a 1996 Volvo 960, for a couple years in college. I liked it when it ran well, which was rare, thanks to the idiot previous owner not maintaining it well.

If I were to entertain the notion of buying a Volvo, it would be a wagon. It just seems right.

SummitAve

Banned
I sat in pretty much every car worth sitting in at the auto show, and I'd have to say that Volvo were most comfortable followed by Jags.

ascii42

I sat in pretty much every car worth sitting in at the auto show, and I'd have to say that Volvo were most comfortable followed by Jags.

The Jaguar XJ is the most comfortable car I've driven (outside of old American sofa-seat style land yachts), though the Cadillac XTS is pretty close.

J-Rzez

Jag reps at the show both confirmed that the coupe will arrived 4-6 months after the convertible, will cost about $5K cheaper, and has a probability of coming with the rumored 6-speed manual.

Sign me the fuck up.

Nice.

Anything in particular I should make a point to see at the show? I'll be there Sat. :D

WRX concept wasn't shown off there yet right, since their conference is tomorrow or Fri I believe?

Same here, any highlights to target?

AlphaSnake

Jaguar for me all day.

The Jaguar XJ is the most comfortable car I've driven (outside of old American sofa-seat style land yachts), though the Cadillac XTS is pretty close.

The XJ handles incredibly too.

Nice.

Anything in particular I should make a point to see at the show? I'll be there Sat. :D

WRX concept wasn't shown off there yet right, since their conference is tomorrow or Fri I believe?

Same here, any highlights to target?

Jaguar booth is the most fun. The cars are just crazy, the XFR-S, the XJ-R, the F-Type, and the XKRS-GT! Everything had over 500HP. Hahaha.

Don't get your hopes up high for the Corvette's interior. It may look nice, but start tapping on the hard plastics and it'll immediately feel hollow. Try tapping around on the F-Type's interior and you'll feel like you're hitting a brick wall - everything is just solid and yet both cars weigh nearly the same (the Jag benefits from being all aluminum). Plus this pre-production Corvette had some really nasty rattles when you were tapping around the interior. But the shifter and the shifter gate were absolutely fantastic! And the clutch felt awesome as well.

N-Bomb

Don't get your hopes up high for the Corvette's interior. It may look nice, but start tapping on the hard plastics and it'll immediately feel hollow. Try tapping around on the F-Type's interior and you'll feel like you're hitting a brick wall - everything is just solid and yet both cars weigh nearly the same (the Jag benefits from being all aluminum). Plus this pre-production Corvette had some really nasty rattles when you were tapping around the interior. But the shifter and the shifter gate were absolutely fantastic! And the clutch felt awesome as well.

Hey, just put some dynamat on the back of those panels and it'll quality++!

Two negatives really don't make a positive.

"Infiniti hires Sebastian Vettel as Director of Performance" which Director of Douchebaggery greenlit this? Celebrity 'directors' never do shit. See: Lady Gaga and Alicia Keys.

Hey, just put some dynamat on the back of those panels and it'll quality++!

"Infiniti hires Sebastian Vettel as Director of Performance" which Director of Douchebaggery greenlit this? Celebrity 'directors' never do shit. See: Lady Gaga and Alicia Keys.

They're obviously just attempting to cash in on his F1 success. It's pretty pathetic that a car manufacturer advertises itself on the chassis of another constructor though and this just adds more embarrassment to Infiniti's attempt to look cool. It's really sad.

N-Bomb

They're obviously just attempting to cash in on his F1 success. It's pretty pathetic that a car manufacturer advertises itself on the chassis of another constructor though and this just adds more embarrassment to Infiniti's attempt to look cool. It's really sad.

For years I've been looking for the family sedan that most exemplifies the heart and soul of the top tier of competitive racing-sport - F1. Now, I have found it.

Unfortunately, it is an Infiniti.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

Sign me the fuck up.

/nods

J-Rzez

I figured that the interior in the end would still be trash. GM is utterly incompetent in that dept, even in their Caddies. Surprised to hear the shifter is quality, considering they've been trash for decades.

Gawd-damn at this WRX though...

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/subaru-wrx-concept-new-york-2013/med/#photo-5775104

That is one fantastic beast. They pissed on WRC Blue Pearl with those shit ice flakes though, and if the production model's finish is like that I'd be going Satin White Pearl. I hope 85% of that car isn't molested in the production model. They're pretty mum on the powerplant outside of a "new turbo, motor, and ic" design. They might have went with that electric assist turbo after all.

For years I've been looking for the family sedan that most exemplifies the heart and soul of the top tier of competitive racing-sport - F1. Now, I have found it.

Unfortunately, it is an Infiniti.

gifface_lol_gif.gif

So apparently the LF-LC has been greenlit for production.

CL, here comes some ugly as fuck competition?

Milchjon

Man, the WRX seems to be the rare car where the whole is less than the sum of its parts in the looks department.

I love everything individually, but taken as a whole, the design seems a bit off.

AlphaSnake

Infiniti brought the Q50 to the show...except that it's interior wasn't functional and frozen. The capacitive touchscreen and all of that fancy stuff was primarily what I wanted to experience and it was non-functioning because it was a pre-production car. Well what the fuck?

In any case, it does look quite nice in person and the interior is superb.

I was surprisingly unimpressed by the Lexus LFA and its interior...it was rather uninspired and chunky.

The McLaren MP4 though threw me back to the Carrera GT, as its interior is virtually identical, with the exception of having a 6MT, of course. Still, absolutely sensational car to be in.

I was also surprisingly disappointed by the Vanquish's interior. Yes, it's very Aston Martin and very James Bond...but they've completely eliminated virtually every tactile button from the center console. Why? Lord knows touch sensitive "buttons" are horrific.

J-Rzez

Man, the WRX seems to be the rare car where the whole is less than the sum of its parts in the looks department.

I love everything individually, but taken as a whole, the design seems a bit off.

Outside of the rear tails being useless in their state because it looks as though the trunk (boot) is inaccessible, the only thing I find a little off is the rear haunches on the thing. Needs some better blending is all.

Regardless of that though, it's amazing Subaru in which I'd never say this but, they pulled off an incredible looking car.

N-Bomb

BTW, this is what I expect the new WRX to look more like. Didn't bother with the fogs or making the front bumper less retarded, but this is probably 90% what you'll see in the showroom. From the front at least.

z5gi1p2.jpg

amrihua

2014 Buick Regal.

And finally NA get the Buick Regal (Opel Insignia) in AWD.

N-Bomb

Because he just photoshopped that himself and that isn't actually from Subaru? LOL

And it actually doesn't look too bad.

Thanks. Well we have to realize that most likely it'll still be based on the normal Impreza, which means it'll also most likely have similar head and tail lights, mirrors, general body shape.

The concept's greenhouse was way small, the wheel arches are exaggerated, and most of the trim is fancy or missing compared to what'll be on production, but that's common for concepts.

Fenders and rear quarters are easy to change on the line, I think the trunk'll mostly stay (also an easy swap). But I'm just a hack, so take this with a grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom