• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
One of these things is not like the others.

Try adding a Saab 92x to that list, Mercury Marauder?

Honda Fit is AMAZINGLY fun to drive. Waspy, enthusiastic VTEC. It handles like a mildly drunk Miata. And it turns into a van at the flip of a lever.

Why do people hate flashy cars nowadays? Also, plenty of cars from with modest stripes from the factory now.

I like the look of flashy cars. Hell, loud looking cars can look great! But I just can't picture stripes on an Impreza looking good.

But it's your car, and I'm not one to tell people how to mod their own rides...

coldfoot

Banned
There are so few 92x's and even fewer Aero models with manual transmissions. Also the newest one you're going to find will be a 2006 model.
I'd go for a 2009 Mazdaspeed 3, it's the older body style so no stupid grin face, and definitely within your budget. Reasons to get it over the GTI are reliability and more fun to drive.

N-Bomb

SAAB 92x was the best car I ever owned. A3 is among the worst.

There are so few 92x's and even fewer Aero models with manual transmissions. Also the newest one you're going to find will be a 2006 model.
I'd go for a 2009 Mazdaspeed 3, it's the older body style so no stupid grin face, and definitely within your budget. Reasons to get it over the GTI are reliability and more fun to drive.

I assumed that everyone knew that it's an Impreza (WRX for the Aero) <.<

I like the look of flashy cars. Hell, loud looking cars can look great! But I just can't picture stripes on an Impreza looking good.

But it's your car, and I'm not one to tell people how to mod their own rides...

Hey, I like to bounce ideas off people. I'm not gonna take it as gospel, but people can have good advice. Also sometimes, things people think might not look good, turn out okay.

Hypocrite.

Some cars should be flashy, some cars can pull off flashy, some cars should not.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Ford Focus ST: yay or nay?

fcs13_st5door_pg_lg_3.jpg

C7 Deposit placed! Now the wait. Crossing fingers I can get it this year....

What options did you check off?

Lucky bastard

Ford Focus ST: yay or nay?

fcs13_st5door_pg_lg_3.jpg

What options did you check off?

Lucky bastard
Black
Z51
Mag Ride suspension
2LT interior (Kalahari)
Black rims
Nav (only for resale really)

Back n forth on the exhaust upgrade until I get more details. Thankfully, I can change up the order until the week it goes into production so info about the exhaust will be available by then.

Why do people hate flashy cars nowadays? Also, plenty of cars from with modest stripes from the factory now.

Flashy is just another word for tasteless. Gold rims, stupid decals, anything that makes a car look like a pimped out whore. Those "racing" stripes on the hood of a Camaro just encourage the guy behind the wheel to act like a bigger dick.

Makki

Just got a new GTI and although gray was last on my list of colors I fell for it when I saw it in person. It's got soooo much more power compared to my Miata and it is super comfortable

srEezCZl.jpg

coldfoot

Banned
I assumed that everyone knew that it's an Impreza (WRX for the Aero) <.<
What does that have to do with anything? Of course I know it's a WRX but it's a better looking and better equipped WRX. The fact that they produced so few of them and ended production in 2006 means finding a good used one will be difficult and it'll be an 8 year old car.

Viperbah

Black
Z51
Mag Ride suspension
2LT interior (Kalahari)
Black rims
Nav (only for resale really)

Back n forth on the exhaust upgrade until I get more details. Thankfully, I can change up the order until the week it goes into production so info about the exhaust will be available by then.

Congrats. Are you selling your C5?

I would skip the exhaust upgrade, you will prob be able to just do it yourself for cheaper down the road or go aftermarket.

Milchjon

Just read about the tech in the new S-Class which apparently scans the road ahead and adjusts the shock absorbers accordingly.

Crazy shit.

kharma45

Only if you opt for the 5-door version.
Just 3 doors in a car the size of GTI makes no sense to me. I could see a Polo-Fiesta 3-door

Yeah I would tend to agree usually, would rather take the Scirocco over a 3 door Golf, but here in the UK the GTI is the better choice until they update the Scirocco.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Just got my car booted. Haha. Oh well. You live you learn. They were waiting in their van parked across the lot. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom