• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascii42

I'd go that route too, but unfortunately Navigation isn't available stand alone. If it were, I'd get Navigation, Competition seats (because you know regular vette seats will definitely be garbage) and the performance pack that includes the LSD.

I see UY4 Chevrolet MyLink Navigation System &1LT/2LT $795.00 in the options list on the page HammerOfThor posted.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Wouldn't it be cheaper than $8k to find a shop to redo that interior for you? Using higher quality materials?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Wouldn't it be cheaper than $8k to find a shop to redo that interior for you? Using higher quality materials?

Yep.

Also, I sat in the fully loaded C7 the article mentions, and it was not fully leather wrapped. The dash is still largely made up of plastics, and when pressing on it, it emitted some terrible rattles and squeaks. I'll cough it up to it being an early build car that was not final spec. On the other hand, the Jaguar F-Type's interior was seemingly built out of brick - tapping around the interior felt so solid and sturdy, it started to hurt my hand. Not a hollow piece inside, not a rattle or creak to sound off. Absolutely sensational build quality, and it wasn't even a production car.

Having said that, rattles won't really concern me much living in Florida - the roads are glass smooth and don't break down plastics and their restraints like they do in NY. In NY my mom's Volvo is developing some minor creaking around the doors, my dad's Audi A6 has a rattle in the b-pillar, and even my Jaguar XF developed something recently too - all of these are 2012 models on top of that. My 370Z fortunately didn't get any crazy sounds because I didn't drive it much and I kept it off of crappy roads - never took it into Manhattan until I had to drive it down to Florida, but fortunately it was just a few smooth blocks down 34th St and I was in Jersey. Hehe

I fucking hated driving nice cars in NY, the anxiety of always looking for potholes and such was nerveracking.

In any case, I hope what I saw of the Corvette's build quality was not indicative of the final product. It is a car I'm considering, honestly. The 7-speed rev-matching manual is a huge plus for me, as are the standard options such as the screen, the power, the looks, the price, etc.

ameratsu

I saw a Mitsubishi FTO that I hadn't ever seen before sitting in the driveway a couple houses over. Went to go talk to the guy sitting in the driver seat about his car, didn't seem to speak any english. :/ He couldn't even tell me how many cylinders it had.

See I like all of that. I'd get it with that and the Performance Package (a car like this HAS to have an LSD). But what pisses me off is that I want Navi...and I have to pay $8000 for it as part of a package.

I hope this is just an early options choosing, as manufacturers commonly start building cars with the most popular packages, and a year later allow the consumer to pick and choose a bit more - (BMW, Audi, Volvo, GM, Ford are known to do this often).

So ideally, all I want is the Perf Pack + Navigation. And I'd bet anything that because the screen comes standard with the car, the GPS is simply software locked (many makes do this to save costs, for example. And I know Volvo is one of them as they enable navi from the dealership via software).

You can get Nav on the 2LT package. This is what I'm ordering on Monday.

Black Z51
2LT
MyLink Sat Nav
Mag Ride suspension
Suede inserts on the seats
Black Wheels

adds upto around 62.5k which is awesome for a car like this. Can't wait!

Info on the packages:
2LT Package Contents:
Standard 1LT Plus:
Advanced Theft Deterent System
Auto-Dimming Mirrors
Color Head-Updisplay
Heated and Vented Seats
Luggage Shade and Net
Memory Package
Performance Leather GT Seats w/Lumbar/Wing Adjust
Premium Bose Audio-Centerpoint Surround (10 Speakers)
Seat Crossed Flags Logo Badge
Universal Home Remote
Center Console and Door Panels in Interior Seat Color

3LT Package Contents:
Standard 1LT, 2LT Plus:
Instrument Panel in Interior Seat Color
Custom Leather-Wrapped IP/Doors/Console
Napa Leather GT Seats w/Lumbar/Wing Adjust
Navigation

Note that Navigation is available with 1LT and 2LT packages

AlphaSnake

You can get Nav on the 2LT package. This is what I'm ordering on Monday.

Black Z51
2LT
MyLink Sat Nav
Mag Ride suspension
Suede inserts on the seats
Black Wheels

adds upto around 62.5k which is awesome for a car like this. Can't wait!

Info on the packages:
2LT Package Contents:
Standard 1LT Plus:
Advanced Theft Deterent System
Auto-Dimming Mirrors
Color Head-Updisplay
Heated and Vented Seats
Luggage Shade and Net
Memory Package
Performance Leather GT Seats w/Lumbar/Wing Adjust
Premium Bose Audio-Centerpoint Surround (10 Speakers)
Seat Crossed Flags Logo Badge
Universal Home Remote
Center Console and Door Panels in Interior Seat Color

3LT Package Contents:
Standard 1LT, 2LT Plus:
Instrument Panel in Interior Seat Color
Custom Leather-Wrapped IP/Doors/Console
Napa Leather GT Seats w/Lumbar/Wing Adjust
Navigation

Note that Navigation is available with 1LT and 2LT packages

Seriously?

First off: congrats.

Second: That's fucking awesome. Is there a link you can point me to?

AlphaSnake

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-general-discussion/3261417-combined-option-price-list.html

Those are all the options and details.

For now, I'm gonna put new tires and upgrade the suspension on my C5Z until the C7 arrives. Going to be fun!

Fuck yes:

UY4 Chevrolet MyLink Navigation System &1LT/2LT $795.00

So basically I'm looking at a sticker of just under $55K. That's a bargain to me. This is HIGHLY tempting. I'm either going to supercharge the Z or get the C7. If the money situation is swell next year, though, I'm getting an F-Type V8S Coupe.

got rid of the s2k a while back, for an Accord as a DD. The s2k was quite harsh as a sole car, so while I missed it, I much prefer the Accord for daily use.

but really. i couldn't stay away.
MY03 Spa Yellow

Fuck yes:

So basically I'm looking at a sticker of just under $55K. That's a bargain to me. This is HIGHLY tempting. I'm either going to supercharge the Z or get the C7. If the money situation is swell next year, though, I'm getting an F-Type V8S Coupe.

You might want to consider locking in an order with a forum dealer for MSRP now. I expect year 1 price gouging otherwise. Your deposit will be refundable incase you change your mind.

negitoro7

got rid of the s2k a while back, for an Accord as a DD. The s2k was quite harsh as a sole car, so while I missed it, I much prefer the Accord for daily use.

MY03 Spa Yellow

2013 Accord? Love the new Accord Coupe, but no way I could justify spending $35,000+ for the V6 (Canada).

Fuck yes:

Oh what SC's are you looking at? I haven't followed them much after my friend decided to go twin turbo, but the power delivery/curve on that GTM kit looked great (from the dyno charts I've seen).

N-Bomb

MY03 Spa Yellow

Congrats sir.

On another note, I think I'm going to go with Feather White for my car, with maybe some red stripes.

rs.jpg

trips021.jpg

Nooo to the red stripes.

and on another note, if I have a 1992 Toyota Supra and Liberty Mutual Insurance, total the car
802200f496.jpg

...does that mean they are going to pay out something like $20k for a 93 Supra...?
1993toyotasuprav11080.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Saw this here in Lafayette at Festival International. This guy is kind of famous around here for this purple and gold striped Gallardo. It looks pretty amazing in person.
md2x87I.jpg

OPfJfbf.jpg

FqAYcAy.jpg

mkenyon

Banned
Alright GAF, give me some rec's for these requirements:

-Sub $20K used
-Fun to drive
-Not too adolescent (big fender WRX being a hair *too* adolescent)
-4 door required, 5 door big plus (I bring my dog everywhere, Border Collie, probably going to get another soon)
-Reliable as a used car

Things I'd like to see but aren't required:

-Comfy
-25+ MPG highway - I live in a rural area so not too concerned about city mileage

What I'm thinking so far is a 3 series wagon, 2007-2010 WRX wagon, Audi A3, Honda Fit.

SonnyBoy

-Sub $20K used
-Fun to drive
-4 door required, 5 door big plus (I bring my dog everywhere, Border Collie, probably going to get another soon)
-Reliable as a used car

-Comfy
-25+ MPG highway - I live in a rural area so not too concerned about city mileage

What I'm thinking so far is a 3 series wagon, 2007-2010 WRX wagon, Audi A3, Honda Fit.

I'd roll with the WRX wagon, IMHO. The gas mileage might be an issue tho.

coldfoot

Banned

-Sub $20K used
-Fun to drive
-Reliable as a used car

-Comfy

Maybe a wait a few more months for a used Focus ST? If not, I'd recommend the GTI over the A3, they're the same car, but your reliability criteria might eliminate both.

-Sub $20K used
-Fun to drive
-Reliable as a used car

-Comfy

5-Door GTI?

mkenyon

Banned
I didn't realize they were the same car, I should have picked up on that.

I've driven GTI's in the past and always hated it. It feels like you are driving a simulation which the car then executes in real time, if that makes sense.

robox

if you're considering a wrx wagon, check out legacy gt wagon and forest xt. prev gen legacy is one of the most handsome cars out there
ex35, fx35
volvos

N-Bomb

-Sub $20K used
-Fun to drive
-Reliable as a used car

-Comfy

One of these things is not like the others.

Try adding a Saab 92x to that list, Mercury Marauder?

mkenyon

Banned
One of these things is not like the others.

Try adding a Saab 92x to that list, Mercury Marauder?
I don't need power really. I just want an agile chassis, and the Fit does offer that. Plus I could get it new. Definitely adding the 92x, didn't think about that.
if you're considering a wrx wagon, check out legacy gt wagon and forest xt. prev gen legacy is one of the most handsome cars out there
ex35, fx35
volvos
FX35 is a bit too tanky. I didn't even consider the EX35, I didn't think there would be any way that would be under $20k, that might be the winner if I can find a good deal.

I test drove one about a year back, and totally fell in love. It fit me just right.

TY everyone, these are good ideas!

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Automotive News reports Mazda has posted its first annual profit in five years. The company made $364.3 million in the last fiscal year, following a $1.14 billion loss the year prior. Operating profit also jumped up by $91.3 million to $572.8 million, thanks in part to a revenue increase of 8 percent to $23.42 billion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom