• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robox

i reported you. no regrets.

i can put up with dumb arguments about cars. i won't put up with being visually assaulted by willful ignorance. so you come back, and the first thing you do is address and defend that picture? i'm not sure you learned your lesson. btw, it's not just homophobic, but also sexist.

i only requested a mod to remove the picture. nothing more than that.

N-Bomb

i reported you. no regrets.

i can put up with dumb arguments about cars. i won't put up with being visually assaulted by willful ignorance. so you come back, and the first thing you do is address and defend that picture? i'm not sure you learned your lesson. btw, it's not just homophobic, but also sexist.

i only requested a mod to remove the picture. nothing more than that.

I know you did. Unfortunately, your sensibilities are not my, or anyone else's, concern. If something offends you, I invite you to ignore it. Posts scroll fast enough that they're off the current page fairly quickly, these days.

You bet I defend it, because I can't imagine it offending anyone that doesn't... well let's not go into that. :p Alpha had the right reaction, IMO, for someone who didn't appreciate it.

btw, it's neither homophobic, nor sexist. I assume you've heard, in some documents, of 'where the masculine gender is stated, the feminine is implied' etc, and I'm not going to re-draw an amusing image to suit your prejudices or politics. I'd recommend you consider the source and intent of a post before you cry wolf to the authorities... but you obviously misinterpreted those, in this case.

If you want a bland place of nothing but details, I suggest you visit autoblog.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Hey! HEY!

We only fight over two things here:

The FRSBRZGT86.

And the greatness of the greatest car of all time: the 370Z.

I will not tolerate anything else.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
N-Bomb: the entire thread, and most importantly the mods disagree with you.

This isn't a Subaru or Honda forum.

N-Bomb

That's not exactly how the rules of this forum work.

The rules don't seem to cover what I posted. Section 2, 2A, 2B. Although you could make a (weak) case for it being 'sexually oriented'. I guess we all just need to complain more when people post things we don't agree with?

N-Bomb: the entire thread, and most importantly the mods disagree with you.

This isn't a Subaru or Honda forum.

Right, I forgot that it's a BMW or Jaguar forum. Yeesh.

AlphaSnake

Pretty much. Plus it's quite an ugly car, inside and out. Insurance can't be cheap, either.

LMAO.

tumblr_m7ccr0ACnX1qevziqo1_500.gif

lol. its crazy how easy it is for tc's to find themselves wrapped around telephone poles.

I test drove one at an autoshow, it's pretty much a corolla :/

I'm betting fr-s's are gonna skyrocket in insurance in the next 10 years or so when they start hitting the used market and highschool kids can afford them.

drifting onto roofs somehow.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Welp. Saw a 350z almost hit this poor suv behind it on a hill.

Use them ebrakes if you must manual folks.

I can't remember the last time I had to use an e-brake up a hill. Maybe when I was just learning how to drive a manual.

Quick feet, or something.

AlphaSnake

Same. I used to drive on some seriously horrible hills in NY, and my 370 was my first stick car. But I learned rather quick surprisingly.

All about that muscle memory, I guess.

AlphaSnake

That can be said about any car.

No, it's true. 350Zs are so cheap they attract morons and ricers left and right, it's pretty much the reason I sold mine. It's one of the reasons why I'm glad Nissan produced the 370 in such low quantities and made it cost more - I hardly see asshole 370Z owners.

About to go HAM

Neo Member
That can be said about any car.

Yes, but not very accurately. Certain cars do attract lesser drivers than others. Insurance rates attest to this.

No, it's true. 350Zs are so cheap they attract morons and ricers left and right, it's pretty much the reason I sold mine. It's one of the reasons why I'm glad Nissan produced the 370 in such low quantities and made it cost more - I hardly see asshole 370Z owners.
And yeah, the 370z is, as we all know, the real race car.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
The Dodge Dart GT with the 2.4 liter motor gets laughable gas mileage. 21 city, 30 highway. Damn. The Avenger/Chrysler 200 can do better!

people can do hills without ebrakes, just saying that if your car rolls back more than a feet before you engage clutch... maybe you should ebrake and/or practice a bit on hills at your neighborhood or something.

cube444

How many of you guys have been bitten by the mod bug? I've probably thrown in $10,000-12,000 on my car since I bought it 2 years ago. I'm pretty much done for the year and my next one will most likely be an LSD next April.

About to go HAM

Neo Member
How many of you guys have been bitten by the mod bug? I've probably thrown in $10,000-12,000 on my car since I bought it 2 years ago. I'm pretty much done for the year and my next one will most likely be an LSD next April.

10 grand is probably picture worthy. What do you have? What have you done?

I have a spreadsheet detailing all the stuff i've done....

cube444

10 grand is probably picture worthy. What do you have? What have you done?

I own a 2009 BMW 335d and the main ones are:

BBS RGR rims on MPSS rubber

KWV3 coils

M3 Front sway bar

M3 Front lower wishbone/control arms

M3 Front tension struts

M3 Strut Brace Kit

Vorshlag adjustable camber/caster plates

Power Grid Adjustable front sway bar end links

M3 Rear sway bar

M3 Rear subframe bushings

M3 Rear guide rods

M3 Rear upper link/wishbones

Adjustable rear sway bar end links

Megan Racing toe arms

Giant Robot, what car and what mods for you?

you know, i've never ridden or drove a prius before. I know enthusiasts laugh at them, but they seem to sell well enough. Not gonna be your primary drag racing machine, but i assume its good enough for a passenger mover and daily commute?

ascii42

you know, i've never ridden or drove a prius before. I know enthusiasts laugh at them, but they seem to sell well enough. Not gonna be your primary drag racing machine, but i assume its good enough for a passenger mover and daily commute?

I've never driven one, but I rode in one on a long trip once. Decently comfortable and quiet. I had no complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom