• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N-Bomb

I've done two weekend BMW M courses with a friend and his father.

It was rather fun, and I learned a lot since I had an instructor during my seat time...

So would you recommend it?

I just missed the post before it was edited, having a real hard time figuring out what you guys are talking about, wouldnt be against the rules if someone PM'd me the link to the image?

It would be pretty stupid for that to be against the rules. Also, how to enforce it?

Alright, I have 30k saved for a car, I want something badass. I was thing evo or 370z, g37 would be alright too but it might be to similar to the g35 I'm coming from. I also like the is350, I love my is300 and I'm about to sell it, so it might be nice to continue in that direction.

Space is of no concern to me, I'm 22 and have no obligations so thats why the 370z is in the running.

What. You're putting the 370Z and the g37 into the same sentence as 'badass'? Why don't you go for something REALLY nice, like an old FD RX-7 or Mk IV Supra. Or, as someone else said, a C6 vette. Agree on the Evo possibly. E39 M5.

I was mostly excited for the unending shitstorm of debates. I'm not particularly interested in the car myself, but I'll laugh my ass off if they're serious about not doing shit to the engine.

Let's remember that FI isn't the only way to get more power. If they're thinking of a new 2.5L for the WRX, that could be something they'd put in a BRZ STi as well. Remember that the EJ spanned displacement from 1.8, to 2.0, to 2.2 to 2.5L. :)

Now, on to CONTENT!

At my hosts' in AZ here, the father has an old Mustang he's trying to restore. Historic plates and everything:
tz6mhNml.jpg

At an auto parts store in Tucson, this was parked:
NIlvRvvl.jpg

Some kind of dune buggy? I know I've seen something like it before. All in all, some interesting car stuff here! They seem to like their muscle cars.

What. You're putting the 370Z and the g37 into the same sentence as 'badass'? Why don't you go for something REALLY nice, like an old FD RX-7 or Mk IV Supra. Or, as someone else said, a C6 vette. Agree on the Evo possibly. E39 M5.

E39 M5 are maintenance nightmares. I Almost bought one but after finding out how much oil they like to eat @ 12 dollars a quart.
No thanks.

Also only evo 9s, evo x is just too much of a pig.

Let's remember that FI isn't the only way to get more power. If they're thinking of a new 2.5L for the WRX, that could be something they'd put in a BRZ STi as well. Remember that the EJ spanned displacement from 1.8, to 2.0, to 2.2 to 2.5L. :)

I seem to remember reading an article before about how Subie has wrung out whatever power they can in the FA20, but I can't find a source for it so I'm not exactly sure if that is correct.

On the other hand, C&D had an article last year about a turbo'd 2.0L FA20 for the WRX and STi so I'm not exactly sure which is which. But if that article is true then maybe it confirms that they've maxed it out already.

Pein

Banned
g35 and is300 at 22? I feel like i've been wasting my life away :(

370z from g35 would be kinda a backstep no? :D
Eh, I've had the G for a while because my mom bought it for my 19th birthday, and bought the is300 dirt cheap and restored it.

would it? I love the styling of the Z.
What. You're putting the 370Z and the g37 into the same sentence as 'badass'? Why don't you go for something REALLY nice, like an old FD RX-7 or Mk IV Supra. Or, as someone else said, a C6 vette. Agree on the Evo possibly. E39 M5..
I'd be too afraid of a supra getting stolen, they're super nice my uncle owns 3 lol. If I was gonna go down that path he has a fully built sc300 with a 2jzgte swap, speed is not the end all be all for me. I love nissans they can look so good.
YuriLowell said:
Also only evo 9s, evo x is just too much of a pig.
has to be x, love that styling.

Gor@n

Neo Member
No I mean when the wax has been applied and has dried, you need to polish it off. :p

9439220948_5fb421c00a_o.jpg

I did it with Autoglyms cloth. But for the future using a machine would be nice.

If it's hard to remove you might be putting on too much. I have no dramas taking off wax by hand with a micro-fibre cloth.

So I was sent a bunch of pictures of my S15 from the importer...

70005408992013062000100_zpsc19f8adf.jpg

I also took another look at the auction sheet... It looks like it's actually a January build so it's road legal in Canada this January! What a happy/sad moment. There's no way this car will ever see snow, but it's going to be nice having it in the garage...

Oh for sure. I plan to do it again when my friend buys the new M4 or whatever the heck they are calling it.

There's a bunch of little things (driving habits, racing lines) that I didn't realize till I had a proper instructor. Oh and the skid pad time is fun AND you learn a lot.

No Love

Banned
Eh, I've had the G for a while because my mom bought it for my 19th birthday, and bought the is300 dirt cheap and restored it.

I'd be too afraid of a supra getting stolen, they're super nice my uncle owns 3 lol. If I was gonna go down that path he has a fully built sc300 with a 2jzgte swap, speed is not the end all be all for me. I love nissans they can look so good.

Evo or C6Z. Don't bother with any of the other choices, they are junk in comparison. I'm going to pick up a C6Z in a couple months myself to join my Evo in the 500+ whp daily driver club.

C6Z also gets way better MPG than the 370z. WAY better.

cube444

Evo or C6Z. Don't bother with any of the other choices, they are junk in comparison. I'm going to pick up a C6Z in a couple months myself to join my Evo in the 500+ whp daily driver club.

C6Z also gets way better MPG than the 370z. WAY better.

Where do you live? I shudder at the thought of winter driving any 500+ whp DD cars in our Toronto winters.

just saw 3 q37 convertibles drive by at work.

didn't even know those had a convertible trim, but i guess Z convertibles are pretty popular. Never seen a 370z convertible thoguh.

No Love

Banned
Where do you live? I shudder at the thought of winter driving any 500+ whp DD cars in our Toronto winters.

California. AWD helps a TON with 500+ whp in a daily driver. C6Z has massive rear tires too so very very grippy, and the traction controls will help any newb driver with too much slip angle.

I used to live where there is snow but it was nothing compared to Canada/Toronto. But a 500+ whp Evo would be just as good as a stock one in your winters. Remember, you control the power with throttle in a turbo car, so there's not a shitload of torque unless you go mid or full throttle.

So apparently the gallardo replacement, The Cabrera, Will be revealed At Frankfurt and I'm hyped! Loved the gallardo, bet the Cabrera will be just as good!

N-Bomb

I seem to remember reading an article before about how Subie has wrung out whatever power they can in the FA20, but I can't find a source for it so I'm not exactly sure if that is correct.

On the other hand, C&D had an article last year about a turbo'd 2.0L FA20 for the WRX and STi so I'm not exactly sure which is which. But if that article is true then maybe it confirms that they've maxed it out already.

Well, it would be an FA25, in the case I'm talking about. :)

So I was sent a bunch of pictures of my S15 from the importer...

70005408992013062000100_zpsc19f8adf.jpg

Oh for sure. I plan to do it again when my friend buys the new M4 or whatever the heck they are calling it.

There's a bunch of little things (driving habits, racing lines) that I didn't realize till I had a proper instructor. Oh and the skid pad time is fun AND you learn a lot.

Looks hot!

Also that sounds great. I know for a fact that I'm shit with the clutch on my car. It just doesn't feel right, but I know that the problem is me, not the clutch. I'd love to learn better car control, too.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Well, I need a new head gasket. And a bunch of other shit (basically anything rubber related lol). The cost to replace all of this (new, even) is super cheap. Labor might bite me.

I can pretty much do any of the mounts and bushings and stuff with a friend. Replacing the head gasket, gasket cover, timing belt, alternator belt, and power steering belt is all what takes a shitton of time and would add up to 8+ hours of labor. I gotta see if I can hit up a friend or two to help me do this.

The other option is, if I choose to get the shop to do it, I just might do the 2.7 stroker conversion and get myself a 7000RPM redline. But that would be almost an extra $1000 in parts.

beast786

I actually had a person down the street who ring my door bell and wanted to race me. He has a cl63 AMG '13 (stock). I believe he is an ER doctor.

No Love

Banned
Well, I need a new head gasket. And a bunch of other shit (basically anything rubber related lol). The cost to replace all of this (new, even) is super cheap. Labor might bite me.

I can pretty much do any of the mounts and bushings and stuff with a friend. Replacing the head gasket, gasket cover, timing belt, alternator belt, and power steering belt is all what takes a shitton of time and would add up to 8+ hours of labor. I gotta see if I can hit up a friend or two to help me do this.

The other option is, if I choose to get the shop to do it, I just might do the 2.7 stroker conversion and get myself a 7000RPM redline. But that would be almost an extra $1000 in parts.

Skip the stroker, dude. Throw in an M50 or M52 in there. They are far superior engines to the 2.7 stroker in every single way, especially reliability (timing chain >>>>>>>>>> timing belt). You can pick up an M50/M52 for as little as $400-800. It's a lot less effort than doing the work to stroke the junky eta motor.

I actually had a person down the street who ring my door bell and wanted to race me. He has a cl63 AMG '13 (stock). I believe he is an ER doctor.

Typical douchebag doctor. I deal with them all the time at work... C63 AMG isn't even particularly fast for a factory car, it's only a bit faster than a Mustang 5.0, would probably be a driver's race from a dig.

I only wish my neighbors would ring me up for a race. Would be a good time and a nasty shock for them.

reilo

Skip the stroker, dude. Throw in an M50 or M52 in there. They are far superior engines to the 2.7 stroker in every single way, especially reliability (timing chain >>>>>>>>>> timing belt). You can pick up an M50/M52 for as little as $400-800. It's a lot less effort than doing the work to stroke the junky eta motor.

Wouldn't I have to spend a shitton to get that M5x up to snuff? I doubt any of them come without their own problems.

I'd also imagine the labor to put in an engine is much more than just doing the labor to do the conversion.

Then again, a local guy is selling a S50 + transmission + driveshaft + harness for $2300.

Well, it would be an FA25, in the case I'm talking about. :)

Not too sure about that, sauce here: http://blog.caranddriver.com/confir...x-will-have-turbocharged-2-0-liter-flat-four/

Now the important parts:

Subaru has confirmed that the next-generation Subaru WRX, due as a 2013 model, will be powered by a turbocharged version of the new FA direct-injection, 2.0-liter flat-four that debuted in the BRZ sports car. There’s no word from Subaru on what will be under the next STI’s hood, but it’ll almost certainly be a more powerful iteration of the WRX’s 2.0-liter.

That said the article is from 2011 so maybe Subie's plans have changed so I guess we're not getting any confirmation until they fully announce it.

I only wish my neighbors would ring me up for a race. Would be a good time and a nasty shock for them.

I wish somebody would take me up for a race. My Miata looks bone stock and everyone thinks it's a slow piece of crap lol. It's not a drag car, but corners haha.

No Love

Banned
Wouldn't I have to spend a shitton to get that M5x up to snuff? I doubt any of them come without their own problems.

I'd also imagine the labor to put in an engine is much more than just doing the labor to do the conversion.

No, not really. M5x is a very hardy motor. Just change the plugs, fluids, valve cover gasket (just in case)... one of the BMW's in my family is an E34 525i 5 speed. 270k miles on the stock M50 VANOS... it is, by far, BMW's most reliable motor. As stronger/stronger than a Honda motor. Just try to get one that's been compression tested.

I think you'd pay a lot more for the labor to open up the ETA motor,

Here, this will answer almost every question you have about the stroker motor... http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48288

This post in particular helps a lot: http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showpost.php?p=505966&postcount=10

...Yeah, it's definitely a Frankenstein motor, even more Frankenstein than an LSVtec B20 Honda motor LOL.

This is a nice wiki for M5x swaps: http://www.e30dohc.com/wiki/index.php?title=DOHC_Swap_Basics

Also, to add my own BMW spin: I know a guy with a MINT white E34 wagon, Style 5's, OEM E34 M5 bumpers, etc etc that's selling it. I am really considering buying it as a daily driver, swapping a 5 speed into it, and maybe one day turboing it for shits and giggles.

8csl.jpg

28fa.jpg

fkxn.jpg

6jeq.jpg

4hjr.jpg

Turbo E85 M50 E34 wagon daily driver/hauler/beater/family wagon? Oh God, the temptation...

reilo

No, not really. M5x is a very hardy motor. Just change the plugs, fluids, valve cover gasket (just in case)... one of the BMW's in my family is an E34 525i 5 speed. 270k miles on the stock M50 VANOS... it is, by far, BMW's most reliable motor. As stronger/stronger than a Honda motor. Just try to get one that's been compression tested.

I think I'll get the all the parts the inspection came back with ($400 for a list of like 20, can't complain) and try to do the head gasket, timing, steering belt, and alternator belt with the help of a buddy. Then within the next 6 months I'll map out a swap. I just need the engine to run right now as a DD.

Turbo E85 M50 E34 wagon daily driver/hauler/beater/family wagon? Oh God, the temptation...

God I love station wagons like that. It's so annoying that Europe gets all the amazing station wagons like the RS4 Avant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4v-1DOG3-U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hnnng

beast786

Typical douchebag doctor. I deal with them all the time at work... C63 AMG isn't even particularly fast for a factory car, it's only a bit faster than a Mustang 5.0, would probably be a driver's race from a dig.

I really want to learn about racing on track. I feel like such a noob.

I have been using this website
http://www.drivingfast.net/

hopefully will take to track my summer next year.

Also, to add my own BMW spin: I know a guy with a MINT white E34 wagon, Style 5's, OEM E34 M5 bumpers, etc etc that's selling it. I am really considering buying it as a daily driver, swapping a 5 speed into it, and maybe one day turboing it for shits and giggles.

8csl.jpg

28fa.jpg

fkxn.jpg

6jeq.jpg

4hjr.jpg

Beautiful. One of my friend's dad has one of the first E34 M5 Wagons imported. Costed him a shit load of money:

HtRDnVY.jpg

d2cLD2v.jpg

I owned an E34 M5 briefly. Lovely motor, but I always got freaked out about a motor rebuild ($15k) and sold it :(

cube444

California. AWD helps a TON with 500+ whp in a daily driver. C6Z has massive rear tires too so very very grippy, and the traction controls will help any newb driver with too much slip angle.

I used to live where there is snow but it was nothing compared to Canada/Toronto. But a 500+ whp Evo would be just as good as a stock one in your winters. Remember, you control the power with throttle in a turbo car, so there's not a shitload of torque unless you go mid or full throttle.

California? Very lucky. I agree about controlling the power with the throttle in a turbo car. AWD is huge for our winters. Mine is RWD.

Halvie

Banned
Bros, can you use these to polish away already applied car wax?

40243_5020.jpg

Cause the one I am using now is a pain to rub away by hand. The pads are made of lambswool. :p
I am using a machine with two oscillating heads, 95mm.

Use a paint cleaner.

If it's hard to remove you might be putting on too much. I have no dramas taking off wax by hand with a micro-fibre cloth.

Could also try using a sealant instead of a wax. Something like Menzerna Power Lock is extremely easy to rub off. Fuck waxes.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack

I have a 370Z. It is badass. A number of us here have one, actually. Mine is a bit modded, but it gets compliments every single time I drive it. It's fairly light, well balanced, the torque band is nice and flat, torque comes in fairly early for a high-revving V6 too, there are tons of aftermarket options on the car (a tune reeeallly wakes it up), the high-end power is very welcoming. It's extremely fun as hell to drive, even in automatic (mine is a 6MT though).

A spec'd interior is a pleasure to be in with nice materials that a C6 Corvette, Evo, or any other car that's been suggested cannot compare to. The interiors of the 370Z and G37 are very very similar, but the 370Z ditches the polished faux aluminum trim and the analog clock (the screen, navi, and all software is identical otherwise).

I averaged 28MPG on a 1100 mile drive to my new home in Florida - with over 120lbs of stuff in the rear. And contrary what someone said, no a Corvette does not get better fuel efficiency than a Z. The ratings are 17/21 for a 6MT Vette. And 18/26 for a 6MT 370Z. A considerable difference on the highway. I don't even think the two cars should be compared - they have way too many differences, they're not direct competitors.

But I've said it before and I'll say it again: as far as sports cars, for the price, the 370Z offers a bit of everything someone would want, without any excess. It's the all-arounder capable of performing multiple tasks with room from the factor to excel with just a few upgrades.

Though I will say that with the OEM BBK and Nismo pads, the braking is sensational - I recall seeing a test that ranged from 99-100ft with the optional pads. That's supercar stuff, quite frankly. But the pads are pricey and they dust to no end (my car has them), and they are meant for track duty to avoid fade (see Motor Trend's 370Z Nismo crash).

As many others have in the past...feel free to PM me if you decide on a Z. I've helped probably 5 other GAFers from around the world find the right Z for them via PMs.

No Love

Banned
I think I'll get the all the parts the inspection came back with ($400 for a list of like 20, can't complain) and try to do the head gasket, timing, steering belt, and alternator belt with the help of a buddy. Then within the next 6 months I'll map out a swap. I just need the engine to run right now as a DD.

God I love station wagons like that. It's so annoying that Europe gets all the amazing station wagons like the RS4 Avant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4v-1DOG3-U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hnnng

I really want to learn about racing on track. I feel like such a noob.

I have been using this website
http://www.drivingfast.net/

hopefully will take to track my summer next year.

Definitely do it. Road racing >>>>>>>>> Drag strip racing. Straight line stuff is fun for fucking around on the freeway and on city streets, but it is NOTHING compared to the lateral G's and feeling of going fast around a corner. My dream is to one day be wealthy enough that I can go to the track 4x or more a month and just race all day. It is one of the greatest things you can do. And definitely look into performance driving schools, it will teach you A LOT!

Beautiful. One of my friend's dad has one of the first E34 M5 Wagons imported. Costed him a shit load of money:

HtRDnVY.jpg

d2cLD2v.jpg

I owned an E34 M5 briefly. Lovely motor, but I always got freaked out about a motor rebuild ($15k) and sold it :(

Fuuuuck that is so god damn beautiful. I'd love to have one of those. :') y u sell e34 m5? it so bootiful

California? Very lucky. I agree about controlling the power with the throttle in a turbo car. AWD is huge for our winters. Mine is RWD.

TBH sir I'd rather have RWD with good snow tires than FWD/AWD with all-seasons.. RWD with good snow tires is very VERY capable.

AlphaSnake

I know people with C6Z that get 30mpg on the highway.

I was able to average 32 on my drive...at 65MPH. I ended up with 28 at 90MPH - but of course it all depends on the roads and elevations and congestion. And yes, Z06s are capable of averaging better MPGs...but they aren't even in the same price range as a 370Z. Let alone the same performance category. They also have the privilege of having a tall FD that allows them to cruise well below 2K RPM. A Z is at 2500RPM at 65-70. Around 3500RPM at 90.

One is a borderline supercar. The other is a sports car.

Fuuuuck that is so god damn beautiful. I'd love to have one of those. :') y u sell e34 m5? it so bootiful

Like I said, I'd always freak out about a motor rebuild at $15k. I didn't want it to become an unnecessary waste of space.
After waiting a long while after selling the M5, I had the opportunity to buy an extremely low mileage S2000.

No Love

Banned
I was able to average 32 on my drive...at 65MPH. I ended up with 28 at 90MPH - but of course it all depends on the roads and elevations and congestion. And yes, Z06s are capable of averaging better MPGs...but they aren't even in the same price range as a 370Z. Let alone the same performance category. They also have the privilege of having a tall FD that allows them to cruise well below 2K RPM. A Z is at 2500RPM at 65-70. Around 3500RPM at 90.

One is a borderline supercar. The other is a sports car.

Why would anyone buy a 370z for $30-35k when you can get a low mileage Z06 for $35-45k? Dude has $30k saved up, might as well plunk it on the supercar that gets better MPG, is more reliable, and probably more comfortable than a 370z as well (note: haven't directly compared Z06 to 370z... 370z I drove was OK in comfort, haven't been in a Z06 yet.)

AlphaSnake

Why would anyone buy a 370z for $30-35k when you can get a low mileage Z06 for $35-45k? Dude has $30k saved up, might as well plunk it on the supercar that gets better MPG, is more reliable, and probably more comfortable than a 370z as well (note: haven't directly compared Z06 to 370z... 370z I drove was OK in comfort, haven't been in a Z06 yet.)

Z06s are not comfortable. At all.

And we don't even know if the guy wants a manual transmission or not. Or what his priorities are. If he wants a new Z or used Z. I don't think he's interested in a 505HP 7.0L V8 simply because of the choices he mentioned initially...and I also have friends looking for Z06s in the North East region, they can't find any that are low mileage that are under $50K that weren't molested by past owners.

It's probably best if Pein actually speaks up and tells us what he is interested in.

No Love

Banned
Z06s are not comfortable. At all.

And we don't even know if the guy wants a manual transmission or not. Or what his priorities are. If he wants a new Z or used Z. I don't think he's interested in a 505HP 7.0L V8 simply because of the choices he mentioned initially...and I also have friends looking for Z06s in the North East region, they can't find any that are low mileage that are under $50K that weren't molested by past owners.

It's probably best if Pein actually speaks up and tells us what he is interested in.

I agree, I too think he should purchase one of these:

08_Chrysler_Sebring_18.jpg

Look Pein, that could be you!

Pein

Banned
I have a 370Z. It is badass. A number of us here have one, actually. Mine is a bit modded, but it gets compliments every single time I drive it. It's fairly light, well balanced, the torque band is nice and flat, torque comes in fairly early for a high-revving V6 too, there are tons of aftermarket options on the car (a tune reeeallly wakes it up), the high-end power is very welcoming. It's extremely fun as hell to drive, even in automatic (mine is a 6MT though).

A spec'd interior is a pleasure to be in with nice materials that a C6 Corvette, Evo, or any other car that's been suggested cannot compare to. The interiors of the 370Z and G37 are very very similar, but the 370Z ditches the polished faux aluminum trim and the analog clock (the screen, navi, and all software is identical otherwise).

I averaged 28MPG on a 1100 mile drive to my new home in Florida - with over 120lbs of stuff in the rear. And contrary what someone said, no a Corvette does not get better fuel efficiency than a Z. The ratings are 17/21 for a 6MT Vette. And 18/26 for a 6MT 370Z. A considerable difference on the highway. I don't even think the two cars should be compared - they have way too many differences, they're not direct competitors.

But I've said it before and I'll say it again: as far as sports cars, for the price, the 370Z offers a bit of everything someone would want, without any excess. It's the all-arounder capable of performing multiple tasks with room from the factor to excel with just a few upgrades.

Though I will say that with the OEM BBK and Nismo pads, the braking is sensational - I recall seeing a test that ranged from 99-100ft with the optional pads. That's supercar stuff, quite frankly. But the pads are pricey and they dust to no end (my car has them), and they are meant for track duty to avoid fade (see Motor Trend's 370Z Nismo crash).

As many others have in the past...feel free to PM me if you decide on a Z. I've helped probably 5 other GAFers from around the world find the right Z for them via PMs.
Yeah I'm definitely not interested in a vette, I've loved the design of the 370z and to a lesser extent the G37 since I was 18. I'm currently looking at 2010 370z with touring and sport packages for $21K. That leaves me comfortable enough to get some nice mods and some really good wheels.

I have the infiniti bbk on my G35 so I know they're beasts at stopping.

I agree, I too think he should purchase one of these:

08_Chrysler_Sebring_18.jpg

Look Pein, that could be you!

nah, could never be me, JDM only yo.

initial d ended...

pretty sure i still have old season 1 dvd's around with the shitty ass dub.

people dig 370z look? always felt like it looks way inferior to 350z.

Yeah I'm definitely not interested in a vette, I've loved the design of the 370z and to a lesser extent the G37 since I was 18. I'm currently looking at 2010 370z with touring and sport packages for $21K. That leaves me comfortable enough to get some nice mods and some really good wheels.

original.gif

The difference between the 370z and G37 pretty much seems to be sacrificing a bit of sport for luxury, so up to you to decide which direction you want to go in.

As for the Lexus...I can think of a lot of words to associate with Lexus, but badass isn't anywhere near that list.

AlphaSnake

I have a 2010 with Touring + Sport + Navi. Try to find one with Navi if you can, you'll enjoy it a lot more. It also has a great iPod interface. Here's two older pics of my car:

4nTE4Ah.jpg

zDDpTb6.jpg

The headlights were baked open and the chrome was sanded down, and painted black.

So I finally got around to test driving a Mustang and Camaro.

The Camaro has one of the worst blind spots I've ever experienced, but its so cozy inside, like a cockpit. Especially when the HUD comes up. Driving it felt great.

I didn't like the Mustang at all.

I'm definitely gonna order a Camaro in the next few weeks. I've been driving a Honda Fit for the past 6 or 7 years since high school, so it's going to be quite the change. Its like a late college graduation present to myself :)

On the sales side, the Ford salesman was so damn pushy. I told him I was looking into purchasing a new car and it was between the Camaro and Mustang, and next thing I know he is asking me for my SSN and the keys to my car so he can appraise it. Now they won't stop calling me =/ I know its their job but damn. Even if I liked the Mustang I'd probably go with the Camaro just because it seems the Chevy dealership respects me.

That being said, what are good questions to ask the dealer? The Chevy dude followed up with me yesterday just wanting to know if I have any questions. I don't want him to think I was just some guy wanting to drive a Camaro. Is it dumb to ask how big the gas tank it?(I actually want to know this to estimate the gas cost). Most questions can be answered online...

ascii42

So I finally got around to test driving a Mustang and Camaro.

The Camaro has one of the worst blind spots I've ever experienced, but its so cozy inside, like a cockpit. Especially when the HUD comes up. Driving it felt great.

I didn't like the Mustang at all.

I'm definitely gonna order a Camaro in the next few weeks. I've been driving a Honda Fit for the past 6 or 7 years since high school, so it's going to be quite the change. Its like a late college graduation present to myself :)

On the sales side, the Ford salesman was so damn pushy. I told him I was looking into purchasing a new car and it was between the Camaro and Mustang, and next thing I know he is asking me for my SSN and the keys to my car so he can appraise it. Now they won't stop calling me =/ I know its their job but damn. Even if I liked the Mustang I'd probably go with the Camaro just because it seems the Chevy dealership respects me.

That being said, what are good questions to ask the dealer? The Chevy dude followed up with me yesterday just wanting to know if I have any questions. I don't want him to think I was just some guy wanting to drive a Camaro. Is it dumb to ask how big the gas tank it?(I actually want to know this to estimate the gas cost). Most questions can be answered online...

Yeah, the Camaro's visibility is awful, but otherwise I quite like it.

As for things to ask the dealer: any questions about the car itself could probably be better answered better online, either on Chevy's website or on forums. So you'd probably want to ask questions specific to that dealer, like whether there's some sort of dealer fee and how much it is. Stuff like interest rates (assuming you are financing) won't really come up until they run a credit check and stuff.

Flo_Evans

HMmm.

Not sure about the STI Brz.

If it's just a stiffer suspension and a stupid wing I think I would prefer the reg version.

I still have not been able to test drive one anyway. Ridiculous.

Twine has more strength than carbon fiber, I don't see the big deal.

HMmm.

Not sure about the STI Brz.

If it's just a stiffer suspension and a stupid wing I think I would prefer the reg version.

I still have not been able to test drive one anyway. Ridiculous.

Its an e30 with less torque, and a shitty clutch.

Flo_Evans

That is absolutely awful...wow.

I really don't understand the mentality of taking your new $80k car to some redneck to make it "faster". Esp, a GTR... wtf is some yokel going to do that Nisimo hasn't thought of?

Oh I will just duct tape this bigger turbo on here jim bob, 8 sec car!

Doesn't the GTR have a pretty insane maintenance schedule from nissan? Don't get the fools that try and mess with this car.

Its an e30 with less torque, and a shitty clutch.

So awesome then eh? My parents had an old e30 318i that was a ton of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom