• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

4 series with m performance kit hnnnnnng:

P90127272-highRes.jpg

I'd somehow not seen any shots elsewhere of the 4 series yet - simply stunning. My desktop just met its new wallpaper... thanks, Smokey.

TCRS

Banned
Well the standard version is kind of meh, but with the m performance kit.. damn. Although the steering wheel is over the top.

robox

i had expected the 4 series to looks more distinct than the 3 series, given the name change. like the difference between 5 and 6.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
The 435i M Performance bits are pick-and-choose. It is NOT one fully packaged option. If you don't want the wheel, you don't have to pay for it. Everything is an individual option.

Smokey

The 435i M Performance bits are pick-and-choose. It is NOT one fully packaged option. If you don't want the wheel, you don't have to pay for it. Everything is an individual option.

Yeah. I'd probably do without that wheel and get the option below it. I'd take everything else. Standard 4 series looks boring as fuck.

Really interested to see how the m4 looks now..

No Love

Banned
Some details on the next Mustang. Much lighter? Shorter? Sure, why not?

http://leftlanenews.com/2015-ford-mustang-to-go-smaller-lighter.html

I want to see this in the flesh. If its good, I may get one for my next car.

Yup, it is known. Ford is going to make the next Mustang a lot sportier, give it IRS, lighter weight. Make it more of a small pony car mixed with truly modern suspension.

If Ford truly makes the next Mustang 200-400 lbs lighter... I'll pick one up as a fun car/extra DD. With IRS, it'll be a monster.

Pterion

Might be my next car (M3 as I guess my wife will prefer a sedan and it will be more practical than a coupe). Word on the street is 400 lbs lighter than the current E9x M3 and an extra 100 lbs.ft of torque.

bcl0328

finally they revealed the M4 at pebble beach.

DSC02179.jpg

more pics here. SO BEAUTIFUL!

3,289lb curb weight is super impressive for the segment , its about 400lb less than the E92, and 660lb lighter than a RS5.

BRypr0xCUAA4kSq.jpg:large

fix your brake lights you cheapos.

always been curious about brake lights though, how does one even know if one is out unless someone tells you? Don't think cars have sensors or any indicator lights for them.

Smokey

DSC02179.jpg

more pics here. SO BEAUTIFUL!

3,289lb curb weight is super impressive for the segment , its about 400lb less than the E92, and 660lb lighter than a RS5.

Think I'm going to start saving for this pretty soon. Jump in on the 2nd year it's available... 2016ish?

Chickdigger aren't you in houston? If so where was that (if it's your pic)? If not disregard

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Most new cars do have sensors to tell you a light is out. European cars will even tell you which light.

Ty4on

BRypr0xCUAA4kSq.jpg:large

fix your brake lights you cheapos.

always been curious about brake lights though, how does one even know if one is out unless someone tells you? Don't think cars have sensors or any indicator lights for them.

We had to learn how to check all lights on our own (as if we were alone) in driving school and pass a random checklist when we do our driving test (check steering, light, brakes etc. etc.). To test the braking light you simply use a stick to hold the pedal down :p

The reverse light one was just a matter of turning on the ignition and putting the car in reverse however the car I drove up in had keyless. I didn't know this, but if you tried starting it without pressing the clutch (brake I suppose for automatics) it would just turn on the ignition.
Edit:
Most new cars do have sensors to tell you a light is out. European cars will even tell you which light.

You get all the fancy European cars. The Peugeot Partner I drive for work never tells me even though the front lights fail all the time.
Edit2: Searching for the BMW 518i which was an E34 with a weak four cylinder I found out that there will be a 518d with 143hp. While configuring the BMW 1 series for fun I found out that the base model lacked automatic climate control and air con...

Flo_Evans

Think I'm going to start saving for this pretty soon. Jump in on the 2nd year it's available... 2016ish?

Chickdigger aren't you in houston? If so where was that (if it's your pic)? If not disregard

yeah that looks hot (color aside) might forget about my BRZ and save for one of those...

TylerD

speaking of colors, whats a good paint color if i'm too lazy to wash a car after a rainstorm.

a 'low maintenance' color.

I have always considered white a low maintenance color. You can go a while without washing and it will still look ok, went a good 6 months without washing my Accord and it looked fine. White, silver, brownish to tan colors.

TylerD

Base e46 with no options was around 3,285. M3 was 3,415. M4 will be a beast if it has around 450hp

Ty4on

I have always considered white a low maintenance color. You can go a while without washing and it will still look ok, went a good 6 months without washing my Accord and it looked fine. White, silver, brownish to tan colors.

Wouldn't white be high maintenance when flies, dust and dirt is so easy to see?

Nearly all colors can look good if it's the right car, but I think darker colors always look good. The black one is cleaner and pic is taken from a better angle, but notice how easy it is to spot the imperfections in the white one (scratches and panel gaps).

No Love

Banned
Wouldn't white be high maintenance when flies, dust and dirt is so easy to see?

Nearly all colors can look good if it's the right car, but I think darker colors always look good. The black one is cleaner and pic is taken from a better angle, but notice how easy it is to spot the imperfections in the white one (scratches and panel gaps).

No. Black looks godawful 2-3 days after being washed. White stays cleaner a lot longer. Silver looks clean forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom