• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
False, the NSX, old Skylines and Ferrari Testarossas are all powered by magic and memories. So whatever the fastest available car is today, it is still, for some reason, slower than an NSX or a Testarossa.

haha, thats the best thing i've heard applied to older cars.
I am never leaving the 90's era sports cars.

Frankfurt is off to a great start:

l.jpg
l.jpg

l.jpg
l.jpg

Gorgeous.

N-Bomb

Best summing-up of the 6 series gran-coupe I've heard:

"wait... they took 2 doors out of the 5-series, called it a 6-series, then put 2 doors back on, and then crashed into AMG headquarters?"

hamann-mirror-gc-frankfurt.jpg

I want this paint though! Anyone know what it is? D:

N-Bomb

Hey guys, I finally found a vehicle that's almost as ugly as the modern Lexus design direction!

9375456094_8710125451_b.jpg

It's the best I could find, I'm sorry!

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
For 1 car Audi makes that looks great the rest of their line up still looks like 1999 made griddles.

Even then the shit looks like a fucking Lancer.

Hey guys, I finally found a vehicle that's almost as ugly as the modern Lexus design direction!

I would drive the shit out of that.

The Lexus, I'd drive straight into a junk yard.

So what's the consensus on the land Rover Evoque, been seeing many in LA and it is quite the eye candy.

No Love

Banned
So... selling my beloved Evo on Saturday. Applied for a loan to get an '09 Z06. Bittersweet time for me right now. Counsel me, AutoGAF

No Love

Banned
I'd consider than an improvement, but I'm totally biased when it comes to Corvettes.

In terms of handling, about equal or a bit better than my Evo. In a straight line my Evo will eat the Z06... until I mod the Z a bit.

I have laid the groundwork for some Vette mods to start with... headers, exhaust, heavy duty clutch + aluminum flywheel, two piece brake rotors, leather Recaro Pole Positions, lightweight battery, lightweight stickier tires... all of that will cut 200-250 lbs off the car and add 50+ whp if I tune it. I love lightweight cars and a sub 3000 lb Z06 would feel crazy on street and the track.

But I do want to pick up my friend's Evo 9 in a couple months too. There is something about Evos that is immensely satisfying when driving them. I'd rank them Inn my top 5 driver's cars.

In terms of handling, about equal or a bit better than my Evo. In a straight line my Evo will eat the Z06... until I mod the Z a bit.

I have laid the groundwork for some Vette mods to start with... headers, exhaust, heavy duty clutch + aluminum flywheel, two piece brake rotors, leather Recaro Pole Positions, lightweight battery, lightweight stickier tires... all of that will cut 200-250 lbs off the car and add 50+ whp if I tune it. I love lightweight cars and a sub 3000 lb Z06 would feel crazy on street and the track.

But I do want to pick up my friend's Evo 9 in a couple months too. There is something about Evos that is immensely satisfying when driving them. I'd rank them Inn my top 5 driver's cars.

I keep thinking im gonna do the same in a couple of years, but I am getting way to attached to this evo.

I think the quick steering ratio coupled with that great roadfeel is what makes the evo so satisfying to drive. I only wish the shifter was better, it still feels a tad rubbery to me.

So... selling my beloved Evo on Saturday. Applied for a loan to get an '09 Z06. Bittersweet time for me right now. Counsel me, AutoGAF

tumblr_mc9rv3FXWC1rgnqvro1_500.gif

Both of the Audi concepts at Frankfurt look awful, and I haven't said that about an Audi <anything> in like five years.

It looks like a fish.

ugly-fish1.jpg

I know there's no love for SUVs here but the new RR Sport is really something else.

I'm a fan of SUVs as utilitarian vehicles, the future kids and their friends won't fit in the future sports coupe after all. That being said...

Want.

how about 7 seaters that can fit adults ;)

7 seater wagons with the seats in the trunk for toddlers don't count!

i heard people are fond of mazda 5. Landcruiser is suppose to be fun stuff offroads too.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Ummm so, I made a trip to my Jag dealer today. Needed to get a tire patched from a pesky nail that found its way. Anyway, the service advisor there is an awesome guy so we always talk. The lease on his Mazda 3 hatch is ending in April and he's most likely getting an F-Type V8S lease through the employee pricing program...

Jaguar employees receive a stupidly incredible incentive...a $20,000 reduction. A normal lease on an F-Type V8S would be around $1100+some cash down; Jaguar employees get them for $799 with nothing out of pocket. My jaw literally sank open for 10 seconds.

I must find a way to get this incentive for myself...naaaaow!

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Ummm so, I made a trip to my Jag dealer today. Needed to get a tire patched from a pesky nail that found its way. Anyway, the service advisor there is an awesome guy so we always talk. The lease on his Mazda 3 hatch is ending in April and he's most likely getting an F-Type V8S lease through the employee pricing program...

Jaguar employees receive a stupidly incredible incentive...a $20,000 reduction. A normal lease on an F-Type V8S would be around $1100+some cash down; Jaguar employees get them for $799 with nothing out of pocket. My jaw literally sank open for 10 seconds.

I must find a way to get this incentive for myself...naaaaow!

Blow jobs always work.

TCRS

Banned
damn. is this replacing the cl?

Yeah, they're calling it the S-Class Coupe. The car at the Frankfurt show is a concept, but the actual car will look more or less the same. They might tone down the interior and more normal wing mirrors I guess. It's beautiful.

I've never understood SUVs for practicality or space.

The Discovery 4 is wider, 100mm lower and 50mm shorter than that car. It's great for going off road, but buying it to haul stuff just seems a bit illogical.

Disco 4 can kind of go offroad, but its the weakest of the discos.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
damn. is this replacing the cl?

I pulled up to one a few days ago. Black on black with the red calipers. Shit was fire.

Sorta. The CL was originally an S-Class Coupe, until they started calling them CLs. Now they're back to being S-Classes. The cars have always shared the same pinnings too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom