• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The AWS (abused wife syndrome) ESPN NFL 2005 Xbox league! Last time Sega! LAST TIME!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ughhhh I'm not going to argue with you Mr.Know it all...you think you played great,good for you,I think I got beat by the stupid game.Your run with emmitt was bs,you int was bs and your fb super charge was bs.I double Boldon and he catchs the ball,you play single coverage on my guys and they drop the ball.....Im done playing the game and I dont want to talk about it anymore.Have fun playing your busted game,this is my last post dealing with this game....I have seen the light that Andydouche has.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Thats your opinion,no sweat off my sack :p

this thread is in danger of being......

derailed.jpg

come on fellas we all know the game is flawed and that stupid AI pops up more often than not, but you just have to ride it out and realize that your day will come. you all know i am more of a madden fan than espn, but lately (even though i've lost 2 out of 3) i've come to accept ESPN's flaws. they still suck balls, but the truth is i will enjoy online leagues no matter what game it is. so, for me i'm just trying to enjoy the game for what it is.

i wish matrix wouldn't have quit, but he had to do what he had to do. i'll have a replacement by tomorrow.

p.s. if anyone here from GA wants in as the texans, let me know.

ShadowRed

Banned
hgplayer1 said:
well um Id like to get some pressure on the QB to not give him all day to throw the ball. I dont care if I get the sack or not, I just dont want the QB standing back there with no pressure. believe me Ive run the prevent a few times and it just doesnt give me the result that cover 12 does. Im not saying its like that for every team but for the cowboys it seems to work perfectly where prevent seems kinda busted.

Still doesn't make since if you only have 9 seconds left. You'd want the QB to take as much time as he wants, then lob it up for an almost certain deflection or possible int. I guess you a little more offensive minded than I am.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
where the heezey is Gunsteezy...... I am hitting the gym now, but would like to get this game done.... let me know man

Fifty

Justin Gage> Charles Woodson :lol

Well I think they still have the best WR in the world on their team....MARTY BOOKER!

That explains the 500 yards.

ShadowRed

Banned
DMczaf said:
:lol

Grossman with almost 500 yards passing against the Raiders

For the record I was screwed out of that game. by myself and the game. Bob was bitching like a little girl talking about how he was going to quit, stopping the game after every missed pas and bitching so I let off him. At the 2:00 minute mark of the 4th I was going to run the clock down when the game decides that the QB was going to go brain dead on a flea flicker play and not catch the ball. Bob got the ball back on my 20 and scrored tieing it up. It went into over time were he scored again. Had I not went easy on him and or the computer not screw me on the flea lflicker then he wouldn't have gotten those yards nor the win. I beat myself not he beat me. In the other 2 games we played, that were DCed, I was up 14-0 and 14-7 and was stopping his drives cold.

Edit:

PS This is like day 4 on this wek is there any way we can finish up this week tonight and start nextweeks games tonight or tomorrow.

shadow bob told me about that flea flicker play. what the fuck is up with rich gannon dude? cause that same shit happened to you against me (flea flicker, gannon doesn't catch it and its a fumble). i had never seen that once in all my years of football gaming, and now it has happened to you twice in 2 weeks. weird.

Mrbob

:lol

I love the late complaint here. The game was messed up no doubt about it and much more stuff went against me dude. That fumble was retribution for that entire game. It was funny when you're defenive lineman gets a fumble with one foot out of bounds but you lay off and let me in the game and you get scrwed by a legit fumble at the end, rich. :lol But I don't feel like getting into it. Lest you know the espn champ is back.

hgplayer1

Guileless said:
I meant 8 p.m. central. Anytime then or after is good for me.

ugh my internet connection is all screwed up and I couldnt get logged in. Im over at my cousins house posting this but hes got people all over the house and I dont think Ill be able to use his Xbox to play. will you be able to play later tonight or tomorrow during the day sometime? when does this week end anyways?

DMczaf

Dallas @ Kansas City N/A N/A N/A
St. Louis @ Philadelphia N/A N/A N/A
New England @ Green Bay N/A N/A N/A

3 games left for the week.

Come on guys, play your games!

stooge where are you? if you dont post in this thread or give some signs of interest in the league, how can your opponent schedule a time to play you? respond by tomorrow or i'll have to find a replacement.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
stooge where are you? if you dont post in this thread or give some signs of interest in the league, how can your opponent schedule a time to play you? respond by tomorrow or i'll have to find a replacement.

Sorry, I dont allways have time or access to my computer. I sent the guy a friend invite on XBL yesterday and he hasnt replied to it.

Cloudy

Banned
Some interesting stuff I read on the espn boards tonight. This is from the espn admin...

(NEW) 29. What does "Performance EQ" really do?

If you have performance EQ enabled, all player attributes get adjusted so there is less difference between a good value and a bad value. What this amounts to is poor players performing better and all stars performing worse. All stars will still perform better than poor players but not by as much as with EQ disabled. So the Patriots will still be a better team than the Browns, but with EQ enabled the Browns at least have a chance of winning.

If you believe that on any given Sunday anything can happen then playing with EQ on is more "sim" than with it off. Personally, I feel that video sports games generally make the good teams / players too good and the poor teams / players not good enough so to me EQ makes the game more realistic because it means there is hope for an upset. People have complained all over these boards that so-in-so is too fast, or this running back is too tough. Turning EQ brings the super heros back to earth and makes those guys who look like they could never land a real NFL job play a little more like a real NFL player.

Performance EQ certainly isn't cheese no matter how you slice it. I think you may have read too much in my words "at least have a chance of winning". You added words like "much better" and "more than just a fighting" when I didn't say that. If you simulated 100 games between the Patriots and the Cardinals with EQ off the odds are pretty good that the Patriots would win all 100. That is not realistic. With EQ on maybe the Cardinals win 10 of them. That is realistic...unless you're a Patriots fan and believe they never have a bad game

So it DOESN'T make the teams equal after all. Posters on the boards also say EQ makes game stats more realistic. I'm gonna start playing all my online games on EQ to test this out :D

Ramirez

So the Patriots will still be a better team than the Browns, but with EQ enabled the Browns at least have a chance of winning.

At least VC admits that super teams are fuckin impossible to beat with a shitty team :p

Mrbob

Cloudy said:
Some interesting stuff I read on the espn boards tonight. This is from the espn admin...

So it DOESN'T make the teams equal after all. Posters on the boards also say EQ makes game stats more realistic. I'm gonna start playing all my online games on EQ to test this out :D

Yup, we just played an EQ game, I still had the same number of open drops as in a regular game. Good thing EQ helps fix that. :p Of course Kotex will go "Bob can't pass with EQ on. You only scored 7 points and lost 27-7.". To that I retort, its hard to score when your receivers constantly drop wide open passes. My QB went 16 for 41 in the game. However, I counted the wide open drops as we played and it was 11. -__- Great defense though, of course. :p

Ramirez

Strange. I beat the Pats with the Phins early in the league.

Strange.You still have Ricky Williams on your team a month after he announced his retirement ;) Plus the Phins D is pretty thick,I would not consider them a shitty team,at least not as long as you have Ricky,which you use to the fullest potential :D

Cloudy

Banned
More info:

The impact to the player attributes has nothing to do with the opposing team. The Patriots with EQ on are the same team against the Eagles as they are against the Cardinals. EQ also does not change the display value of an attribute (ie, on the player card), only what it means in the context of the game.

Everyone should try it out :)

Bog

Junior Ace
Ramirez said:
Strange.You still have Ricky Williams on your team a month after he announced his retirement ;) Plus the Phins D is pretty thick,I would not consider them a shitty team,at least not as long as you have Ricky,which you use to the fullest potential :D

You act like I abuse him. Take a look at the league rushing stats.

Maverick

STOOGE:

9 pm EST tonight?

BTW- I hate everything about this league anymore, but I will play it out. Everyone here bitches way too much, and there's been so many frustrating problems on my end (connection wise).....

I should be at least .500 right now.

Ramirez

Well man there for a while you did abuse him,I dunno about now,don't care really.I was just sayin don't act like you have a shitty team,cuz you don't until the updated rosters hit,and even then you'll still have a good D.

Mrbob

Cloudy said:
DEFENSE!!!!

Roofles. You're hilarious sometimes. I knew you would say that! Hahaha! Even during the game, you would go "Look at my awesome defense.". Then I would have to show you the replay where your defender wasn't even in position to make the play but my receiver dropped the ball by letting it go through his hand, bounce off his hands, or bounce off his chest! I still threw up 280 passing yards,. So if the PEQ wants to impose realistic stats by forcing open drops, that's fine.

I'd still like to know exactly how PEQ works though. During that whole game your defenisve lineman kept on blowing up the middle of my offensive line and constantly getting through. I switched tackles and everything, it didn't matter. Probably because of EQ. :p Ironically this rarely happened with EQ off. The one strength the Bears team is its offensive line, and if EQ narrows the gap then I don't want any part of it. Because if I have a big bruising offensive line I want to dominate your defensive line. Not have EQ allow your defensive lineman to squiggle through.

I want to try out some more EQ games, and see how they go.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The auto-drop is a GODSEND in ESPN. I love it, and I hope they incorporate it into Madden next year. Keeps your guy in the pocket, gives you enough time to get the play off, makes your throws accurate since your feet are planted. +1 VC.

Mrbob

Cloudy said:
I know what to do against you Madden drop-backers now :D

Haha, ok, we'll see about that. I await the next game when I throw for nearly 500 against you. It's not that I can't run. I've had plenty of games with 100+ yards running. Its just that you can't stop my passing game so why quit passing? :D

The auto-drop is a GODSEND in ESPN. I love it, and I hope they incorporate it into Madden next year. Keeps your guy in the pocket, gives you enough time to get the play off, makes your throws accurate since your feet are planted. +1 VC.

Indeed. Except when PEQ is on and it allows the defensive lineman to blow through your double team offensive line and you have to scramble and throw on the run. :p

Top Bottom