• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The AWS (abused wife syndrome) ESPN NFL 2005 Xbox league! Last time Sega! LAST TIME!

Wellington said:
Sorry about it, missed that message last night. I should be getting home early today so from like 5-9 EDT I should be good.

ok....usually I work during those hours but I will see if I can take the day off. If not, the earliest I can play is 10:30PM CT.

Ramirez

This game hates me...I was up 19-14 or something like that after the half...I got the ball back,on my first drive Im bout to get ass raped by Rice,so I try to throw it to my TE,fucker pump fakes then throws it behind the LOS and DM gets a fumble recovery TD.All down hill from there :( Alstott had two TDs on runs where he wasn't touched,just outran everyone :( WTF VC,fucker isn't fast!!!

Oh well,I still did good all around,tons of BS on both sides though.

DMczaf

:lol

That was one of the worst games I have seen yet, I didnt even feel like I won at the end. More like I saw less bullshit go against me, so I get the "win".

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Shit man, my bad, my mom decides to want to take me shopping. :| I'll be good to go after the bears game.

Yeah yeah, go ahead and laugh, my mom taking me shopping. :lol

Fifty

Wellington said:
Shit man, my bad, my mom decides to want to take me shopping. :| I'll be good to go after the bears game.

Yeah yeah, go ahead and laugh, my mom taking me shopping. :lol

Ok, I'm laughing.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Anyone seen Havoc?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Im watching the stros game,can you play at like 11 pm eastern time?

Matrix

just beat azteca. gg btw dude

but the DB AI was a fucking joke. i got burned on 2 TD's that had at least double coverage (and in one instance 4 guys... around the fullback and he catches it!), then i burned azteca on a 2nd and long late when he had 3 guys covering me, and 1 guy very close by as well. there was SOME good DB AI in the game, but there were a handful of plays that really pissed me off.

see koney, it's not about winning and losing. it's about playing the right way: if i call a correct defense for the play, i should be rewarded with a stop. ESPN says "roll the dice my friend! you call the perfect defensive play? maybe you'll succeed and maybe you won't! mostly won't!"

call it whining if you like, but maybe someone @ VC is reading this and will say "we should get our shit together!"

Cloudy

Banned
see koney, it's not about winning and losing

Not unless you quit, it's not (Like I said above) :D

Bitching after the AI "cheats" you is cool. Enduring this same "cheating" while you win and quitting when you lose is what I call lame...

i think the main problem isn't so much the "intelligence" of the defenders as it is the animations the game chooses for them. 9/10 times when my defender fucks up, he is actually in position to make the play, but (and this is regardless of whether i press Y, Black, White, controlling him or not) he always goes into this stupid ass animation. either a swat completely away from the play, going into matrix mode for the "catch", or whatever. VC may very well have a decent AI code, but the graphics expression that is connected to it is the worst i have ever seen

Matrix

I quit the league,sorry but this game is fucking sad.

When Emmit Smith can kill the the Texans on 13 carries for over 100 yards by shoulder charging my players down like flies then something is wrong.I also swear the computer predicts who will have smart DB's before each game....my guys were fucking idiots and Havoc's where fucking brainiacs.

I hate this game worse than last years and I'm done with it,call me a poor sport but I'm not wasting my time playing this game anymore...I just dont like it.

I'll stick to madden and espn hockey,atleast in those games when I lose I know I'm 100% losing cause of my shitty play.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
I quit the league,sorry but this game is fucking sad.

When Emmit Smith can kill the the Texans on 13 carries for over 100 yards by shoulder charging my players down like flies then something is wrong.I also swear the computer predicts who will have smart DB's before each game....my guys were fucking idiots and Havoc's where fucking brainiacs.

I hate this game worse than last years and I'm done with it,call me a poor sport but I'm not wasting my time playing this game anymore...I just dont like it.

I'll stick to madden and espn hockey,atleast in those games when I lose I know I'm 100% losing cause of my shitty play.

sapp_sherman.jpg

Matrix

I feel free that I dont have to play this shitty game anymore!
sound-of-music.jpg

TheDuce22

Banned
"When Emmit Smith can kill the the Texans on 13 carries for over 100 yards by shoulder charging my players down like flies then something is wrong."

Emmit had like 1 big run where i ran over a single player and nobody else touched me. You had a bad play called on defense, that was all.

"I also swear the computer predicts who will have smart DB's before each game....my guys were fucking idiots and Havoc's where fucking brainiacs."

Actually the main reason it seemed that way is because you kept trying to throw the same 2 passes over and over. I just stuck them in zone cause i knew where you were throwing, they make alot more plays that way.

hgplayer1

wow we are averaging like 1 quit a week lately.

hey have any of you ever gone to view stats for the league through the xbox?

someone posted a message in the other league that Im in to not view stats through the xbox because it will time out any league games being played at that moment.

Matrix

Not true...sorry try again.

Your guy caught an int that bounced off his head and then he magically turned around and caught it..that never happens in this shitty game.Also I didnt call the same pass play over and over,I did that against Konex.You would triple team Johnson so I had to throw to shitty dugans and Bradford who would catch balls every now and then and your amazing players would knock them loose practically every time.

Also dont tell me your Hb's where not knocking over my guys with headbutts and shit,I even replayed it one time where two of my guys went flying off of you.Also I would double coverage Boldon and he still caught passes.

I ran a whopping 27 times and still finished with less yardage than you cause Davis would go into this super slow motion matrix spin,wtf is that weak shit.

One of your tds I gave to you by lining up in fg coverage cause I hate this game,I actually didnt think you would throw on me already up by 20 something in the 4th with 3 mins left in the game.

Matrix

Btw I dont want to arugue about this game with you Duce,its a piece of shit and its my opinion.

I can play anyone here in Madden and I dont get abused like this bs,even when I use the Texans...Only two people here destroy me in that game and thats Ramirez and FMT.

People might think I'm a quitter,but then I can turnaround and label Konex one for giving up on madden cause he doesnt like the game.Trust me when I say to everyone,I wont be the last and I wasnt the first to stop playing this game cause its retarded.

Matrix

Try playing this game with an already shitty team on D and throw in the problems this game has and you can see why some people just dont have the time to want to deal with it.

If you quit the league right now Fifty and then took control of the Texans with the shoddy AI,you too would quit.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Cmdr. Solrak said:
Good game Willie. :)

It was a fuckin' crazy game, but goddamn my fucking defense, I don't understand. You have to agree with me that up until the last play of the first half they were doing quite well. Taylor had minimal yards, in fact I was hitting you for a loss almost every time. Then that last play of the first half... never have I ever screamed more profanities in my life. Let me lay it out for those that weren't there. 9 seconds left and I had just scored a field goal and was up 10-7, so I squibbed it to try and burn the clock. With 5 seconds left, only feasible play that Solrak could pick was a long bomb, so I pick Dime: Man Cover 2 and audible my DBs so they are far back. Solrak tosses it, complete, the receiver runs with the closest guy about 7 yards back chasing him, scores the TD. So not only did the DB that was covering (that was also dropped back) him get burned, but also, the safety in the cover 2 zone (that had dropped back as well) wasn't in position to make the tackle? Man that one hurt.

I mean I understand that my defense is at 59 right now, but gimme a break. Play shitty ALL game so I can compensate with my play calling, or play fucking insanely good like the most part of that first half. All four of his touchdowns were big yardage plays, as can be seen by the fact that he was in the redzone once all game. Another play that got my goat was that I knew he was going to run up the middle for one of the final plays of the game, it's his MO if you look at any of his play by play game recaps on the league page run up the middle, or to the right. I was in 4-3, blitzed my ILB and my LB on the right to attack the middle. Taylor, sure enough, runs to the middle.... and emerges unscathed! 29 yard TD run.

2 in a row. Can't believe I wasted so much time practicing for this game with Solrak. I just want to make the playoffs :p

Edit: I feel your pain Matrix

hgplayer1

dime cover 2 doesnt seem like the best defense to call when you know someones only play is to throw deep. I think a better pick would have been dime cover 12. its what i usually call when the deep ball is a definite. then i take my LB and drop him deep and stay in the middle of the field then react to the pass.

ShadowRed

Banned
I think Kon is in the same boat as me. We both need a football game to play, and Madden just isn't for us, so we stick with ESPN and try and make the best of a fucked up situation. The difference is while I understand this Kon is in denial. If there was a third football game out there that played diferently than Madden and wasn't FUBRed like ESPN then I wouldn't even waste my time with ESPN. For me it's ESPN or nothing.

ShadowRed

Banned
hgplayer1 said:
dime cover 2 doesnt seem like the best defense to call when you know someones only play is to throw deep. I think a better pick would have been dime cover 12. its what i usually call when the deep ball is a definite. then i take my LB and drop him deep and stay in the middle of the field then react to the pass.

Actually prevent is what you call at times like this.

hgplayer1

every player is in deep zone. if you go to dime then press up itll be on one of the first couple "pages" of plays.

cover 2 is not a good D to call because the DBs almost are supposed to release WRs to the safeties.

Wellington said:
It was a fuckin' crazy game, but goddamn my fucking defense, I don't understand. You have to agree with me that up until the last play of the first half they were doing quite well. Taylor had minimal yards, in fact I was hitting you for a loss almost every time. Then that last play of the first half... never have I ever screamed more profanities in my life. Let me lay it out for those that weren't there. 9 seconds left and I had just scored a field goal and was up 10-7, so I squibbed it to try and burn the clock. With 5 seconds left, only feasible play that Solrak could pick was a long bomb, so I pick Dime: Man Cover 2 and audible my DBs so they are far back. Solrak tosses it, complete, the receiver runs with the closest guy about 7 yards back chasing him, scores the TD. So not only did the DB that was covering (that was also dropped back) him get burned, but also, the safety in the cover 2 zone (that had dropped back as well) wasn't in position to make the tackle? Man that one hurt.

I mean I understand that my defense is at 59 right now, but gimme a break. Play shitty ALL game so I can compensate with my play calling, or play fucking insanely good like the most part of that first half. All four of his touchdowns were big yardage plays, as can be seen by the fact that he was in the redzone once all game. Another play that got my goat was that I knew he was going to run up the middle for one of the final plays of the game, it's his MO if you look at any of his play by play game recaps on the league page run up the middle, or to the right. I was in 4-3, blitzed my ILB and my LB on the right to attack the middle. Taylor, sure enough, runs to the middle.... and emerges unscathed! 29 yard TD run.

2 in a row. Can't believe I wasted so much time practicing for this game with Solrak. I just want to make the playoffs :p

Edit: I feel your pain Matrix

IAWTP. :D

hgplayer1

ShadowRed said:
Actually prevent is what you call at times like this.

well with the Cowboys defense dime cover 12 does the job fine for me. I want 4 lineman rushing the QB and the prevent D only has 3 lineman rushing.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ah. Goddamn it's sad that my offense is going to have to kick it up a notch to make up for my defense stinking it up (hurry back Emmons!), but it loks like that is what will have to happen. Not counting the game between Konex and Mig and it's fucked up stats, in terms of yardage, I have the best offense in the league and the worst defense. What the fuck, I feel like the Chiefs!

In our game, my offense was the best outing that I have seen this season...but then my defense was also the worse outing I have seen this season.

ShadowRed

Banned
hgplayer1 said:
well with the Cowboys defense dime cover 12 does the job fine for me. I want 4 lineman rushing the QB and the prevent D only has 3 lineman rushing.

Huh why do you want 4 linemen rushing with 9 seconds left? Getting stat greedy for an extra sack? Prevent will do one of two things. It will put atleast 2 to 3 people in the area of the recievers and make it almost impossible for them to catch the ball. Or if out of some miricle the reciever catches the ball those same 2 to 3 guys will be on top of him to make the tackle.

hgplayer1

ShadowRed said:
Huh why do you want 4 linemen rushing with 9 seconds left? Getting stat greedy for an extra sack? Prevent will do one of two things. It will put atleast 2 to 3 people in the area of the recievers and make it almost impossible for them to catch the ball. Or if out of some miricle the reciever catches the ball those same 2 to 3 guys will be on top of him to make the tackle.

well um Id like to get some pressure on the QB to not give him all day to throw the ball. I dont care if I get the sack or not, I just dont want the QB standing back there with no pressure. believe me Ive run the prevent a few times and it just doesnt give me the result that cover 12 does. Im not saying its like that for every team but for the cowboys it seems to work perfectly where prevent seems kinda busted.

TheDuce22

Banned
You can blame it on the AI or whatever but you did not play a very good game either way. There are alot of players online who cant do anything but throw that fade out, when you stop that they get frustrated and make stupid mistakes. Thats about how our game went. All the bugs cause wins and losses that should not happen, im not saying they dont, im just saying they didnt really pop up in our match.

"Your guy caught an int that bounced off his head and then he magically turned around and caught it..that never happens in this shitty game."

You threw it straight into zone coverage. He shouldve caught it in the first place instead of bouncing it off his head then catching it.

"You would triple team Johnson so I had to throw to shitty dugans and Bradford who would catch balls every now and then and your amazing players would knock them loose practically every time."

After your first drive i barely played man at all. I didnt triple team him.

"Also dont tell me your Hb's where not knocking over my guys with headbutts and shit,I even replayed it one time where two of my guys went flying off of you."

My FB ran over your DB and saftey i think, that and the smith run up the middle. I did not run much, only when it was wide open.

"I ran a whopping 27 times and still finished with less yardage than you cause Davis would go into this super slow motion matrix spin,wtf is that weak shit."

All of your runs were at the end of the game and out of passing formations.

Top Bottom