• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The AWS (abused wife syndrome) ESPN NFL 2005 Xbox league! Last time Sega! LAST TIME!

Ramirez

Im sorry,but unless you have Vick in Madden and drop back,your gonna get screwed 98% of the time.In ESPN I can rollout with Maddox and throw a damn perfect bullet on the run :p Maddox might as well be in a wheelchair in Madden -_-

Mrbob

Ramirez said:
Im sorry,but unless you have Vick in Madden and drop back,your gonna get screwed 98% of the time.In ESPN I can rollout with Maddox and throw a damn perfect bullet on the run :p Maddox might as well be in a wheelchair in Madden -_-

Heh, yeah, that is a Kotex specialty. :p He'll abuse the QB run system by running left or right to get around any rushers and then sit there to throw the ball.

Cloudy

Banned
If there's pressure, I rollout. If not, I pass from the pocket. Why not try rolling out instead of dropping back 20 yards then wondering why you keep getting sacked/picked off? :D

hgplayer1

Guileless said:
hg, what time is good for you today? Does 9 p.m. central sound OK? Let me know.

could you play any sooner than that? if not thats cool I think I can make it then but dont wanna wait until the last minute to try to get the game in.

Mrbob

Cloudy said:
If there's pressure, I rollout. If not, I pass from the pocket. Why not try rolling out instead of dropping back 20 yards then wondering why you keep getting sacked/picked off? :D

Haha, funny guy. First of all I drop back an extra five yards at best. Secondly, the only time I had a problem getting sacked was with PEQ on. But if you want to cheese by rolling out thats fine with me. :D I like to stay within the pocket because in real NFL ball QBs don't roll out every pass play. I mean, that's what you want right, real NFL ball? :) Doesn't matter though, I'll figure out how to stop you like I always do. What are you, 3-9 against me? :p

Oh, and as an aside, just want to get your thoughts on this. Basically, what you are saying, is the only way you can get a consistent pass rush on me is by having the computer assist you by leveling the stats between your defensive line and my offensive line. So, in essence, you are admitting you can't get to my quarterback at all unless you have the EQ assist your player in doing so. :p It's not the drop back that nets me the big yards dude. It's the timing of the pass plays. I don't have the best set of receivers (Prett obvious by the amount of dropped open passes :p) so the timing of my pass to their route has to practically be spot on. They have to be near perfect. With my offensive line they give me the time for my receivers to run their routes.

ShadowRed

Banned
Cloudy said:
Yeah seriously. This waiting around sucks :(

Add me to the play your fucking games crowd. Evet week it's like this. Again it should take more than 3-4 days for everyone to play their games. There are obvious exceptions to this rule, but they should keep coming up week after week.

Fifty

Rams vs Eagles - Gunstar's schedule seems to have made it harder to play his games. He's been late the last few weeks.

New England vs GB - I don't know.......Maverick seems to be ready. Stooge has been behind schedule the last 3-4 weeks it seems

Dallas vs KC: see above

Man, it sucks having to wait this song, but whatever. I'm going to be gone on thursday until the 19th, so I guess my 6-1 record will fall to at least 6-3.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Fifty said:
Rams vs Eagles - Gunstar's schedule seems to have made it harder to play his games. He's been late the last few weeks.

I have been around all day, I have checked several times to see if Malley is on his AIM but no luck. Malley, how does 8 PM EST sound?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Konex: Our game for the next week will have to wait until Saturday at the earliest. As I mentioned in this topic several times, I am going out of town for the rest of the week.

ShadowRed

Banned
Wellington said:
Konex: Our game for the next week will have to wait until Saturday at the earliest. As I mentioned in this topic several times, I am going out of town for the rest of the week.

Oh nos!!!!!

Mrbob

Fifty said:

New England vs GB - I don't know.......Maverick seems to be ready. Stooge has been behind schedule the last 3-4 weeks it seems

Dallas vs KC: see above

Man, it sucks having to wait this song, but whatever. I'm going to be gone on thursday until the 19th, so I guess my 6-1 record will fall to at least 6-3.

Ahh crap! No! I don't want a default win! I must defeat you for real! I shall never have my vengeance witha default win. :(

DMczaf

This league =

toilet.jpg

hgplayer1

I havent put much effort into getting this weeks game played quickly like I have in previous weeks. I figured at least a couple games would get pushed late into the week so I wasnt in a big hurry to wait. thats not to say I wouldnt have been ready to play whenever guileless would have been, but I guess neither one of us ended up trying to get this scheduled until the last couple days.

Fifty

Mrbob said:
Ahh crap! No! I don't want a default win! I must defeat you for real! I shall never have my vengeance witha default win. :(

Well if it's done by wednesday night we can play then. I see no reason why it won't be.

gun/malleymal, when can you guys play? i thought gun said he probably couldn't play on weekdays, if that's the case i may as well forefit the game tonight so fifty and others can get their games in before vacation

hgplayer1

Guileless said:
Good game hg. You are very good at angling those punts out of bounds.

yeah good game to you too. I actually havent had much success lately kicking the ball out of bounds like that. Ive been kicking them short where they dont actually make it to the sideline which kinda happened on that one punt but I had a guy there to tackle your guy.

man that game was a nailbiter. early in the game I could not stop you from driving down the field but did manage to stop you from gettin into the endzone. that was the only reason I was still in the game. I got lucky on that one pass play and after that it was just a struggle to do anything to gain an advantage. I was kinda surprised you punted late in the game like that especially considering I hadnt stopped your running game in short yardage situations but I guess you were thinking I would surely run the ball to run some clock and your D had been absolutely shutting down my running game.

on a side note, I think my team is cursed to get an injury every game. pretty soon I wont have any depth.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Cloudy said:
He imed you early this afternoon and he said you didn't respond. In fact, we played NHL after that....

Well I have been here all day. I stopped to eat lunch and dinner and get a showerb that is about it.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Gunstar77 said:
Well I have been here all day. I stopped to eat lunch and dinner and get a showerb that is about it.

lets go gunstarr..... I am back, i told whoever was by your AIM to tell you i was going to play you tonight

EDIT...

We are about to play girls....

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Yeah I punted because thought I could get a 3 and out and have just enough time to get back into field goal range. Also, it was 4th and 18 and the chances of converting that are pretty low. I just couldn't reverse field position on you in teh second half.

I can play tonight DM if we advance.

Cloudy

Banned
Tired of seeing 300 passing yards on a regular basis?
Tired of people abusing Super RBs for 200 yards in a game?
Tired of unrealistic stats in general?
Tired of 65-0 games?
Tired of seeing your poorly rated DB not make even one good play all game?
Tired of seeing highly rated DEs make your QB eat grass play after play?
Tired of watching peple who don't play real football pass it 50 times?
Tired of watching peple who don't play real football run it 40 times?
Tired of not having a chance because your opponent is using a power team and you're not?

Turn on Performance EQ :D

ShadowRed

Banned
Hey Malley if FMT moves the league up between now and an hour then we can play our game then. If not it will be a crap shoot when I can play next, if I will be able to at all.

DMczaf

Guileless said:
Yeah I punted because thought I could get a 3 and out and have just enough time to get back into field goal range. Also, it was 4th and 18 and the chances of converting that are pretty low. I just couldn't reverse field position on you in teh second half.

I can play tonight DM if we advance.

Ok

FMT just advanced the week. Wanna play now?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
sorry DM my power went out last night. I can play tonight, anytime after 8 p.m. central. Just let me know.

Ramirez said:
Is DJ Demon still the Vikings?

I can play anytime after 3 EST,just let me know.

Indeed I am. :( Are you my opponent for Week 8? I can play at 3PM EST, let me know if that's good and I'll see you online.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I dont know, I showed up at the time my opponent said to play, and he never showed. I waited for over an hour (Cloudy can attest to this, he got on at one point). Plus, I missed most of Raw, and evidently Christian doing some nice mic work..

He still hasnt accpeted my friend invite that I sent him early saturday. I sent him a message in ESPN, I will get on at 8 CST tonight and wait for an hour, then thats it.

Edit: Nevermind, I didnt realize the week was allready advanced.. so, I guess whoever I play this week (havok) I will still be on at 8 CST, if you are there great, if not tell me when you want to play..

TheDuce22

Banned
Ill be there at 8 then Stooge.

Edit: Depending on when this current week advances I might have to miss next weeks game. I will be out of town for about 4 days, leaving on friday.

Top Bottom