• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Big Ass Superior Thread of Learning Japanese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porcile

Are there any websites out there which have some basic and maybe silly language exercise ideas I can do to put into practice the stuff I'm learning? I'm working from a textbook at the moment, and so far I don't have too much of a problem translating the text it's throwing at me. However there's not much opportunity to apply what i'm learning to anything other than the stuff in the textbook.

I'm thinking simple exercises like having to describe my family and life. I could come up with my own, but then I'd be more likely to subconsciously tailor it to stuff I could easily do.

Are there any websites out there which have some basic and maybe silly language exercise ideas I can do to put into practice the stuff I'm learning? I'm working from a textbook at the moment, and so far I don't have too much of a problem translating the text it's throwing at me. However there's not much opportunity to apply what i'm learning to anything other than the stuff in the textbook.

I'm thinking simple exercises like having to describe my family and life. I could come up with my own, but then I'd be more likely to subconsciously tailor it to stuff I could easily do.

If you're on a Mac or use an iPhone there's a journal app called Day One that gives you a random journal prompt each day. It's a paid app but it's really nicely designed and fun to use.

If you don't want to pay or you don't have compatible hardware you could try googling for journal prompts but I don't have any ready suggestions in that regard.

Here's one for free though: today's prompt from Day One is "Describe your typical report card in elementary, junior high, and high school. Did you get rewarded for good grades?"

urfe

I thought that would be たっぷり, or is that only for tangible objects?

EDIT: Just realized this could look like I'm correcting you, I'm not, I'm just curious as to whether たっぷり can be used in that way or if it would sound really strange.

Asked a friend, and she said it is used with 時間 or 仕事 (the latter being in a sarcastic way). So I guess not only tangible things.

時間たっぷりあるからゆっくり話そう!
あ、仕事たっぷりだ...

Porcile

Another newbie question for you all, since everybody in this thread must have reached this point as well. :)

I've quickly made it through learning all the hiragana characters, and intend to get started on the katakana tomorrow. That's all fine and dandy. The thing is, the textbook course I'm working from will not be introducing kanji characters until much later. At the current rate i'm going, it probably won't be for at least another month, maybe a month and a half, before I start working with even the most simple kanji. So far, I like to break up my personal lessons by learning some vocab, moving on to grammar and then learning the kana characters. Standard stuff. If i continue this way, i'll be done with katakana in a week and it will be a whole month where I'm not learning any new characters. It doesn't sound like very productive or efficient use of my learning time.

Assuming I can burn though the katakana characters quickly is there any reason TO NOT start learning kanji characters, even before the textbook introduces them? I just think sticking around, and over-relying on the kana for too long will prove a hindrance, as it feels like there isn't a huge amount left to learn about them, besides written practice. What are the thoughts of the experienced vets? Kanji ASAP, or leave it till the text book starts working with it?

Even as I just mess around and read hiragana text, i really struggle to work out where one word ends and a new one begins. I hear that Kanji alleviates this problem a lot.

Does anyone know where I can buy (online) those handheld red plastic study sheets that Japanese student often use? The ones that cover up red pen so you can't see the answers. They are so handy and I can't find them anywhere.

Gacha-pin

Does anyone know where I can buy (online) those handheld red plastic study sheets that Japanese student often use? The ones that cover up red pen so you can't see the answers. They are so handy and I can't find them anywhere.

今どこにいるの?日本にいるなら100円ショップに行けばたぶん売ってるよ。でなければ、「透明下敷き 赤色」とか「透明下敷き 青色」とかでググればたぶん海外に発送してくれるオンラインショップも見つかると思う。
またはamazonとかで日本人の学生向けの英単語ドリルとか買えば付いてくると思う。

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Well, I finally started getting serious with learning Japanese----

Hiragana and Katakana on their own scared me in College that I dropped Japanese after one day because we were expected to know that like on Day 2, but now that I'm actually memorizing them I find it actually pretty easy. I used that Tofugu site which have these really cute mnemonics that really helped me out, and now I can pretty quickly transcribe Hiragana---today I went through the new Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon trailer, for example, which uses primarily Hiragana and practiced transcribing it down. Don't really have a handle on much grammar though so I couldn't tell ya what it mean, but at least I've finally got a foothold into a language I thought was beyond my level.

Now I'm on to getting Katakana memorized, hope to be done by this weekend and move onto the serious shit---kind of nervous what comes next after the easy stuff. :/ Haven't practiced writing the gana either, but I figure I probably won't be writing it much anyway at this point.

Porcile

What's the overall consensus on Wanikani? I've been using it a little bit and can see it could be a reasonably fast way to learn to read Kanji. I feel like the website is forcing its own agenda somewhat, which is a really shitty way to teach anything, but I can't complain about the results so far. It's just annoying that I have to learn alternate readings and the stroke order seperately, rather than in one complete package. How much can you get by in Japan without being able to write Kanji?

What's the overall consensus on Wanikani? I've been using it a little bit and can see it could be a reasonably fast way to learn to read Kanji. I feel like the website is forcing its own agenda somewhat, which is a really shitty way to teach anything, but I can't complain about the results so far. It's just annoying that I have to learn alternate readings and the stroke order seperately, rather than in one complete package. How much can you get by in Japan without being able to write Kanji?

My wife is using WaniKani and is quite happy with it. I had already learned around 350 kanji when I found it so it was a bit too slow for me (there's no way to "skip ahead"); I ended up plowing through the じょうよう kanji in about 5 months of intense study using a hybrid of RTK and vocabulary study sets for each kanji. If I was starting from zero or close to zero I think I would have used WaniKani instead, even knowing that it's paced a bit more slowly and will take longer.

As for getting by in Japan... it really depends on what kind of support you have. If you've got a bilingual friend or supervisor you'll be fine. Out of the 20 or so first-year ALTs I came over with, only three are above N4 level and actively studying kanji.

That said, it is an enormous help. I when I got here (with 350 kanji) it was incredibly frustrating as I'd constantly see characters I recognized flanked by ones I'd never seen. If I received an important document (car insurance, something to do with bills, etc) I often wasn't even sure what particular utility or service it pertained to, let alone what the purpose was. Going to the grocery store I couldn't read the aisle markers, let alone the packaging.

Now that I'm approaching a basic level of literacy I can navigate everyday situations so much more smoothly, and it's really empowering and exciting. The other day I hit a button on the TV remote by accident and a popup came up; this had happened before last fall but it was utter gibberish to me at the time. Now I could read that it was telling me that I didn't have access to this channel because of my basic-use TV channel package, and that I could contact my provider at the following number to discuss upgrade plans and options. That kind of thing happens on a daily basis, and being able to understand it (with a little effort) makes me feel much more like a functioning adult as opposed to just another foreigner taking a "working holiday" as an ALT.

Resilient

Shiet. Above story is neat as hell.

I'm having trouble with the below sentence.

明日から、病院、博物館、昆虫館全部で7連勤やけどがんばって貫きます

"From tomorrow, I have 7 straight shifts at the hopsital, museum, insect museum, but I'll do my best to continue."

Is that right? Particularly confused about 勤や. Is や being used here instead of する?

Don't really post in here often but may have to duck in a bit more.

Porcile

My wife is using WaniKani and is quite happy with it. I had already learned around 350 kanji when I found it so it was a bit too slow for me (there's no way to "skip ahead"); I ended up plowing through the じょうよう kanji in about 5 months of intense study using a hybrid of RTK and vocabulary study sets for each kanji. If I was starting from zero or close to zero I think I would have used WaniKani instead, even knowing that it's paced a bit more slowly and will take longer.

As for getting by in Japan... it really depends on what kind of support you have. If you've got a bilingual friend or supervisor you'll be fine. Out of the 20 or so first-year ALTs I came over with, only three are above N4 level and actively studying kanji.

That said, it is an enormous help. I when I got here (with 350 kanji) it was incredibly frustrating as I'd constantly see characters I recognized flanked by ones I'd never seen. If I received an important document (car insurance, something to do with bills, etc) I often wasn't even sure what particular utility or service it pertained to, let alone what the purpose was. Going to the grocery store I couldn't read the aisle markers, let alone the packaging.

Now that I'm approaching a basic level of literacy I can navigate everyday situations so much more smoothly, and it's really empowering and exciting. The other day I hit a button on the TV remote by accident and a popup came up; this had happened before last fall but it was utter gibberish to me at the time. Now I could read that it was telling me that I didn't have access to this channel because of my basic-use TV channel package, and that I could contact my provider at the following number to discuss upgrade plans and options. That kind of thing happens on a daily basis, and being able to understand it (with a little effort) makes me feel much more like a functioning adult as opposed to just another foreigner taking a "working holiday" as an ALT.

Oh yeah, I definitely understand the importance of being able to read kanji, which is why I'm getting into it as soon as possible. I'm more curious about how much kanji you may need to write in your day to day life out there as an ALT.

Oh yeah, I definitely understand the importance of being able to read kanji, which is why I'm getting into it as soon as possible. I'm more curious about how much kanji you may need to write in your day to day life out there as an ALT.

Sorry, I mistook your question. I never need to write kanji (or any Japanese) in the classroom. I only really need to handwrite when I'm filling out forms, and then it's just my address and the like.

I do practice hand-writing kanji every day, though; as writing them out is one of the best way to get the words to stick in my brain. I have filled several notebooks top-to-bottom with kanji (with no breaks, and often without okurigana), which gets remarks from the other teachers at least once a week or so, but in practice I pretty much never need to write stuff out unless I'm at a Japanese class or filling out paperwork.

urfe

Shiet. Above story is neat as hell.

I'm having trouble with the below sentence.

明日から、病院、博物館、昆虫館全部で7連勤やけどがんばって貫きます

"From tomorrow, I have 7 straight shifts at the hopsital, museum, insect museum, but I'll do my best to continue."

Is that right? Particularly confused about 勤や. Is や being used here instead of する?

Don't really post in here often but may have to duck in a bit more.

The や makes no sense to me too.
Where is the sentence from?

speaking of kansai-ben, do you guys know of any decent resources for learners? I could stand not being completely lost when it's being used :p

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
speaking of kansai-ben, do you guys know of any decent resources for learners? I could stand not being completely lost when it's being used :p

move to kansai, get a kansai girlfriend, watch downtown and sanma

Resilient

is it feasible to do above if you're already settled with someone? should i share this info with my GF and make the move? should i make thread about it?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
is it feasible to do above if you're already settled with someone? should i share this info with my GF and make the move? should i make thread about it?

you can do all of the above from the comforts of your anime dungeon

Resilient

you can do all of the above from the comforts of your anime dungeon

you know me so well

edit: i made a post in the living in Japan OT, i figure you would know more than anybody. do you know much about the Engineering field in Japan, specifically Structural Engineering? i don't know where to start looking.

I'm an expert

you know me so well

edit: i made a post in the living in Japan OT, i figure you would know more than anybody. do you know much about the Engineering field in Japan, specifically Structural Engineering? i don't know where to start looking.

I saw the post and typed out a reply but then deleted it, like I do 99% of the time with my posts in that thread. Now I just let Ayumi reply to everyone.

my knowledge would come from people I personally know, but none of them foreigners. I dont think I've ever met a single foreign non-computer engineer in my time. I'm sure they exist, just never crossed paths. I dont remember the specifics, are you fluent? Did you search the market?

Resilient

I saw the post and typed out a reply but then deleted it, like I do 99% of the time with my posts in that thread. Now I just let Ayumi reply to everyone.

my knowledge would come from people I personally know, but none of them foreigners. I dont think I've ever met a single foreign non-computer engineer in my time. I'm sure they exist, just never crossed paths. I dont remember the specifics, are you fluent? Did you search the market?

hm that's fine. if you can help with people you know (they don't have to be foreigners) it would be helpful. No, I'm not fluent, but i'm not planning to make the move yet. i don't know how to search the market because i'm not sure where to start.

i'm only interested in structural engineering (my field). AU/UK building design uses primarily concrete floor schemes (low earthquake zones = no need for steel). because i want to develop my steel skills i want to move to work in an industry that uses it primarily - japan and US fit the bill but i don't care for the US job market.

that's about it really. atm i just want to learn more about the current job climate, job demands, and possibility for a foreigner to get a job in the field.

I'm an expert

Not sure how I can help. You don't know the language, have no timeline, haven't even done any research. I'm not going to look for jobs for you lol. Even if I ask a friend 'have you ever seen a foreigner in the wild' the answer as to how they got in will surely be one of two:

1. They were fluent in Japanese, had great credentials, and applied to the job like any other person.

2. They worked for a company/project that sent them over there and handled all the logistics.

Have you looked at all into what local companies have work in Japan? For example, if someone is an analyst and wants to work in Japan, they target a company they know has offices/clients there and aims for the transfer.

Otherwise, have you asked in typical places like gaijinpot? Also, there's probably a foreigners in Japan reddit that has people ask questions like this all the time (I don't reddit so no guarantee).

What avenues have you exhausted? What about going to school in Japan and using that recruiting scene? Why Japan? Why not China/Korea/Malaysia/Philippines/India?

Resilient

Not sure how I can help. You don't know the language, have no timeline, haven't even done any research. I'm not going to look for jobs for you lol. Even if I ask a friend 'have you ever seen a foreigner in the wild' the answer as to how they got in will surely be one of two:

1. They were fluent in Japanese, had great credentials, and applied to the job like any other person.

2. They worked for a company/project that sent them over there and handled all the logistics.

Have you looked at all into what local companies have work in Japan? For example, if someone is an analyst and wants to work in Japan, they target a company they know has offices/clients there and aims for the transfer.

Otherwise, have you asked in typical places like gaijinpot? Also, there's probably a foreigners in Japan reddit that has people ask questions like this all the time (I don't reddit so no guarantee).

What avenues have you exhausted? What about going to school in Japan and using that recruiting scene? Why Japan? Why not China/Korea/Malaysia/Philippines/India?

Nah, not asking you to look for jobs for me. Like I said, I haven't exhausted any avenues - I don't know where to start. Searching for jobs in Japan from AU nets little to nothing.

Fluency isn't an issue. I'm still studying Japanese here, and still learning in my current job. I don't plan to move in the next 2 years, which is why I'm putting feelers out for questions/info now.

I know that if I move to another company in AU that has a JPN office I can possibly push for a transfer. That's one avenue. I don't know why Gaijinpot is, and I don't use Reddit but guess I can Google to see what others have said.

TBH I don't want to move to Japan and start looking for a job there. I don't know what peoples success rates are when it comes to applying from overseas then moving over. That's the kind of info I was after - do you have to move and then search, or can you search here, phone/video interview etc? I was asking if you had any info on that. Your posts read like you're experienced professionally.

I'm set on Japan for the reasons I listed above. I studied Japanese in High School out of choice, I liked it and figured it would be a waste not to follow through with it after. Stopped for a bit and came back to it last year. That's the language checked off. Working in the country is primarily to further my engineering skills when it comes to Steel structures and Earthquake design. I could go on but I'd bore you with details, lol.

You've been a help regardless. I need to look more into it personally. Thanks.

I'm an expert

Nah, not asking you to look for jobs for me. Like I said, I haven't exhausted any avenues - I don't know where to start. Searching for jobs in Japan from AU nets little to nothing.

Fluency isn't an issue. I'm still studying Japanese here, and still learning in my current job. I don't plan to move in the next 2 years, which is why I'm putting feelers out for questions/info now.

I know that if I move to another company in AU that has a JPN office I can possibly push for a transfer. That's one avenue. I don't know why Gaijinpot is, and I don't use Reddit but guess I can Google to see what others have said.

TBH I don't want to move to Japan and start looking for a job there. I don't know what peoples success rates are when it comes to applying from overseas then moving over. That's the kind of info I was after - do you have to move and then search, or can you search here, phone/video interview etc? I was asking if you had any info on that. Your posts read like you're experienced professionally.

I'm set on Japan for the reasons I listed above. I studied Japanese in High School out of choice, I liked it and figured it would be a waste not to follow through with it after. Stopped for a bit and came back to it last year. That's the language checked off. Working in the country is primarily to further my engineering skills when it comes to Steel structures and Earthquake design. I could go on but I'd bore you with details, lol.

You've been a help regardless. I need to look more into it personally. Thanks.

My posts read like I'm experienced professionally for a reason. But you're not asking any questions that need my professional experience. You're asking questions that need a few hours on a Saturday and some google. The fact you don't even know what gaijinpot is proves you haven't taken the most basic steps. The "kind of info"you were after is easily explained on numerous sites. You even come from a country with a working holiday day visa relationship with Japan. This is why I avoid replying to this kind of stuff, especially on gaf.

My posts read like I'm experienced professionally for a reason. But you're not asking any questions that need my professional experience. You're asking questions that need a few hours on a Saturday and some google. The fact you don't even know what gaijinpot is proves you haven't taken the most basic steps. The "kind of info"you were after is easily explained on numerous sites. You even come from a country with a working holiday day visa relationship with Japan. This is why I avoid replying to this kind of stuff, especially on gaf.

Lay off him. Most questions in here can be answered via google or just asking a Japanese friend. He's just trying to get a rough idea and this thread is useful for that. There are a bunch of people that are working in Japan that can give him some decent advice .

Instead of being rude tell him to head to gaijinpot for more info.
With your mindset there seem to no reason to ask questions in this thread.

Resilient

Sorry man. I must have come off lazy to you, which isn't the case. In all honesty I chose to ask you first because I didn't want to see sugar-coated foreigner experiences/suggestions for getting work from Reddit/blogs, because I figured majority of those posts would be from people who weren't professionally driven, and just wanted to work in Japan because "it's Japan!". That shit was gonna cloud my judgement. I asked you first cause I knew you were a professional, my motives for work in Japan are purely career driven within my field (don't have any interest in teaching English in Japan), and I wanted to see what kind of professional advice you could give. I'll do the rest of that searching this weekend, and if you're open to offering some help I'll send a PM if you don't mind.

Hope I haven't turned you off from posting again. Thanks for your time...and sorry for the derail guys.

I'm an expert

Lay off him. Most questions in here can be answered via google or just asking a Japanese friend. He's just trying to get a rough idea and this thread is useful for that. There are a bunch of people that are working in Japan that can give him some decent advice .

Instead of being rude tell him to head to gaijinpot for more info.
With your mindset there seem to no reason to ask questions in this thread.

This is the Japanese thread, not living in Japan thread. He asked his question in that thread and was ignored. He coincidentally saw me posting this morning in this thread and decided to ask if I had seen his post from the other thread. I did. Then I gave him a very basic response to which he responded: "ugh, I thought you'd just explain everything to me but I guess I'll have to actually do the work myself, FINE". Putting aside we're totally off topic at this point, the dude could do at least the very beginning steps of wanting information on something. "I want to be an xyz, but in Japan!" information is insanely abundant, not to mention all of his simple job hunt/visa questions. I'm not here to hold hands. By all means, take him under your wing and guide him.

Sorry man. I must have come off lazy to you, which isn't the case. In all honesty I chose to ask you first because I didn't want to see sugar-coated foreigner experiences/suggestions for getting work from Reddit/blogs, because I figured majority of those posts would be from people who weren't professionally driven, and just wanted to work in Japan because "it's Japan!". That shit was gonna cloud my judgement. I asked you first cause I knew you were a professional, my motives for work in Japan are purely career driven within my field (don't have any interest in teaching English in Japan), and I wanted to see what kind of professional advice you could give. I'll do the rest of that searching this weekend, and if you're open to offering some help I'll send a PM if you don't mind.

Hope I haven't turned you off from posting again. Thanks for your time...and sorry for the derail guys.

You did come off as lazy, that's exactly right. But stop apologizing to me, I'm a fuckin nobody on the internet, you don't owe me shit. Trust me, a lot of people pm me for info. A lot. I have absofuckinlutely zero issue helping people. I'm not at all experienced in your specific field, and I made that clear. I was just surprised you didn't know the very simple logistics of how to find a job. Not the technical aspects of certs and qualifications, just the real simple stuff. Again, you could come on a working holiday and work in a fuckin coffee shop while you try to sell your engineering skills. You have that option, a lot of countries don't. Nothing and no one can stop me from posting here, except maybe if a certain poster showed up. Then I might jump off a bridge.

hm that's fine. if you can help with people you know (they don't have to be foreigners) it would be helpful. No, I'm not fluent, but i'm not planning to make the move yet. i don't know how to search the market because i'm not sure where to start.

i'm only interested in structural engineering (my field). AU/UK building design uses primarily concrete floor schemes (low earthquake zones = no need for steel). because i want to develop my steel skills i want to move to work in an industry that uses it primarily - japan and US fit the bill but i don't care for the US job market.

that's about it really. atm i just want to learn more about the current job climate, job demands, and possibility for a foreigner to get a job in the field.

Go to the Sydney Career forum next year.

http://www.careerforum.net/event/syd/?lang=E

Companies who want bilingual staff come and you have a chance to give them your resume and maybe have an interview with them over the forum weekend. I know a fair few people who landed jobs with IT/engineering companies through the forum.

今どこにいるの?日本にいるなら100円ショップに行けばたぶん売ってるよ。でなければ、「透明下敷き 赤色」とか「透明下敷き 青色」とかでググればたぶん海外に発送してくれるオンラインショップも見つかると思う。
またはamazonとかで日本人の学生向けの英単語ドリルとか買えば付いてくると思う。
いえいー!ありがとう!透明下敷きっていうか、なるほど。今オーストラリアにいるけど、買えるかも。

Resilient

You did come off as lazy, that's exactly right. But stop apologizing to me, I'm a fuckin nobody on the internet, you don't owe me shit. Trust me, a lot of people pm me for info. A lot. I have absofuckinlutely zero issue helping people. I'm not at all experienced in your specific field, and I made that clear. I was just surprised you didn't know the very simple logistics of how to find a job. Not the technical aspects of certs and qualifications, just the real simple stuff. Again, you could come on a working holiday and work in a fuckin coffee shop while you try to sell your engineering skills. You have that option, a lot of countries don't. Nothing and no one can stop me from posting here, except maybe if a certain poster showed up. Then I might jump off a bridge.

Nah, I didn't want you to feel as if you were wasting your time. I didn't want you to explain everything to me. I was after intangibles. I.e. construction industry status, whether developers were putting money into the construction industry, cities that were developing/rebuilding rapidly etc. Things that weren't smeared by news article bias/sugar-coating. I'm 100% not gonna find that info on Reddit, but I will try. I'll suss out Gaijinpot, keep studying the language and see which companies have Japan offices in my state. I know how to find a job. I don't know how to find one in Japan without spending 6 months working in a coffee shop while I try to sell my skills.

Go to the Sydney Career forum next year.

http://www.careerforum.net/event/syd/?lang=E

Companies who want bilingual staff come and you have a chance to give them your resume and maybe have an interview with them over the forum weekend. I know a fair few people who landed jobs with IT/engineering companies through the forum.

Thanks for the tip! Next year will be good timing, would probably be a waste if I were to have gone this past may. Cheers mate.

I'm an expert

I'm at 2-3 career forums a year but Oz sure as fuck is not one of them. As for the very specific questions you just asked and did not mention before, unless someone is actually in construction here you are not going to find that shit. All I could give you is anecdotes about my clients and general perceptions. Reddit is actually exactly where you could find something as niche as that, if not one of the specific j-job forums.

Resilient

I'm at 2-3 career forums a year but Oz sure as fuck is not one of them. As for the very specific questions you just asked and did not mention before, unless someone is actually in construction here you are not going to find that shit. All I could give you is anecdotes about my clients and general perceptions. Reddit is actually exactly where you could find something as niche as that, if not one of the specific j-job forums.

OK, will do.

You do career forums? In the States I presume? Do the types of people who approach you annoy you (fresh out of school that haven't worked yet)? Career forums for Japanese jobs sounds stressful.

Gacha-pin

日本語学習者向けではないと思うけど↓これ面白い。
http://monjiro.net/

原文ってころに文章打ち込んでその下のリストボックスから変換したい言葉を選んで右隣の変換ボタンを押下

シャンシャンの文章使わせてもらうね。
今オーストラリアにいるけど、買えるかも。

大阪弁→今オーストラリアにおるねんけど、買えるやろな。
津軽弁→今オーストラリアサいらばって、買えらがも。
博多弁→今オーストラリアにいるばってん、買えるかも。

I'm an expert

OK, will do.

You do career forums? In the States I presume? Do the types of people who approach you annoy you (fresh out of school that haven't worked yet)? Career forums for Japanese jobs sounds stressful.

I usually do Boston/Nyc and I fly out tomorrow afternoon for next week's Tokyo. The majority of applicants are actually Japanese, they're usually overseas in their studies and taking advantage of on the spot interviews. The foreigners we get are very very different than some kid applying to be an Alt, they're usually stellar. You can check out the company listings on the website to get a feel for what we attract. There are plenty of experienced hires going on with fresh candidates hires.

Ayumi

Is this supposed to be snarky? I can't really tell.

Sorry if you don't like my posts (if that's what this is about).
I'll try to stay away if you want me to. :v

oh! I don't know if anyone noticed but facebook has kansai ben as a language option now. So if you feel comfortable having the interface in Japanese that could be a good way to learn.

I'm half considering last minute booking flights to the tokyo forum but I'd need to get a recruit suit and make up a Japanese resume :| Not sure if it's worth the cost if I can't find a job though.

I'm an expert

Is this supposed to be snarky? I can't really tell.

Sorry if you don't like my posts (if that's what this is about).
I'll try to stay away if you want me to. :v

the fact you even found this post when you've never posted in this thread before, lol

Ayumi

the fact you even found this post when you've never posted in this thread before, lol

Yes, because due to the lack of a mention and quote notification feature on these forums, people tend to search their username to check for forum replies.
Funny how I just saw other people calling you out on one page back for being an unpleasant person. Makes me wonder what else has been going on in this thread.

I didn't come here to argue, I was just asking but got my confirmation pretty quickly, so buh bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom