• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

NotLiquid

Someone has find a way to change the resolution?

The game's resolution is set to your native resolution when fullscreen but when in window mode you can manually stretch the window. It's not going to increase the visual fidelity since this is all sprites and it's still going to size up everything, but the good thing about the game being rendered in sprites is that it still looks good in most sizes.

Grief.exe

The only thing I can say I kinda don't like so far is the map. I feel like it lacks clarity and I don't like not being able to see the whole map at once.

There was a button on the stream last night to pull up the full map.

On the PS4/Vita version you could resize and reposition the full map. That feature didn't make it into the PC version because reasons.

So, uh... i'm kinda new to the Isaac and have a question or two.

This is "try to learn" or is there any tips or something ingame?
Anything lasts from run to run? I mean, like upgrades or something.
And why do I donate?

Part of the fun of Isaac for a new player is learning it. You could always pull up the wiki and read about stuff you don't know but that takes away some of the fun!

As far as donations...I don't know. I think it's a new mechanic. Play around with it and see if you notice what it does!

There was a button on the stream last night to pull up the full map.

On the PS4/Vita version you could resize and reposition the full map. That feature didn't make it into the PC version because reasons.

That's a bummer :( I'll try to find that button though.

Puru

Damn, guess i'll have to upgrade my PC by christmas then, 15 fps is pretty bad.

I'll play the vita version until then.

David___

Banned

And why do I donate?

1) Got to learn what the items do either by yourself or watch walking encyclopedias like Bisnap play.

2) Nope. If you die you start at whatever your character's base stats are.

3) idk

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

And why do I donate?

There's not really much in the way of a tutorial. I'm sure people will be putting up beginners guides in the next few days, though.

Nothing you collect transfers between runs, but you can unlock different characters and items that you'll be able to collect in subsequent runs.

You donate to unlock new items in the shop.

I haven't been following this game that much, but my brother, who loves BOI, said that it isn't coming to the 3DS because of the religious themes(makes sense). Though he also told me that the developers may make changes so that it will be on the e-shop. Is there anymore news on that?

didamangi

Not feeling the music yet. Maybe I'll change my mind 100 hours in.

1st normal run, 1st win. Highlight of the run, lemon
mishap kills Chub in 1 second.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I haven't been following this game that much, but my brother, who loves BOI, said that it isn't coming to the 3DS because of the religious themes(makes sense). Though he also told me that the developers may make changes so that it will be on the e-shop. Is there anymore news on that?

They've been teasing the 3DS and Wii U in blog posts for a while now. I'm pretty sure it's eventually going to be released for both.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

That was a problem with the original release. There have been strong hints (if not more that I missed) that the game will turn up on 3DS, and I doubt that they'd change it in any way to do that.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I'd forgotten about this oh my god I can't wait until...

....right now. GOD I LOVE IT WHEN THIS HAPPENS

red731

582,799 798,219 Dota 2
228,545 234,475 Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
70,281 72,106 Team Fortress 2
69,747 69,747 The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Damn son!

They've been teasing the 3DS and Wii U in blog posts for a while now. I'm pretty sure it's eventually going to be released for both.

That was a problem with the original release. There have been strong hints (if not more that I missed) that the game will turn up on 3DS, and I doubt that they'd change it in any way to do that.

Huh ok. I am really hoping for a 3DS version! I already have the PC version but a portable version would be great too. Thanks for the info!

Stoze

And why do I donate?

Try to learn. My tip is if you don't notice an effect with your character than its probably something to do with your heart, bomb, money, or key counts. Pay close attention to those when you pick up items, as well as the short description it gives you.

No, no upgrades from run to run.

I don't think anyone knows what the donations do yet, that's a new thing with Rebirth.

Therion

Anybody else getting this unresponsive keyboard bug? Steam forums seem to correlate it with a certain Logitech keyboard, but I've been experiencing it on a Microsoft brand. Anyway, it's incredibly annoying and keeps causing me to die, so I think I'm going to wait for a patch before playing any more.

If it happens to you, note that unplugging and replugging the keyboard seems to fix it. I see a lot of people not realizing that and restarting their computers to fix it (like I did too the first time it happened).

Grief.exe

I don't think anyone knows what the donations do yet, that's a new thing with Rebirth.

I was watching the NL stream this morning.

he donated 10 cents to the machine and he unlocked an item in the basement. Probably just carries over between runs, unlock more items for coins donated.

Where do I find those numbers? I can't find that graph anymore since the redesign.

Store.steampowered.com/stats

CassSept

Anyone know how to drop trinkets?

They seem to be rare but they certainly are there. On my first run I got Left Hand (from Ultra Pride) and after that two more, maybe that unlocks it?
Gas Penny which I assume releases gas after picking up a penny and something like errr, Petrified Poop? No idea

[Items]
Tiny Planet is weird, I don't know if it's synergy but I basically have to shoot backwards to hit stuff, nice twist.

Anybody else getting this unresponsive keyboard bug? Steam forums seem to correlate it with a certain Logitech keyboard, but I've been experiencing it on a Microsoft brand. Anyway, it's incredibly annoying and keeps causing me to die, so I think I'm going to wait for a patch before playing any more.

If it happens to you, note that unplugging and replugging the keyboard seems to fix it. I see a lot of people not realizing that and restarting their computers to fix it (like I did too the first time it happened).
it works, but minutes later, the same bug happens :/ guess i'm waiting for a fix.

My first run at Rebirth and I beat Mother. Unfortunately have stuff to do but I hope GCT comes soon, would love to take Isaac with me outside.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

And why do I donate?

Personally, I'd play for a while without looking anything up, while keeping in mind that the game can be very difficult and you will die and start over many times, which is sort of the point. If you're playing to win rather than playing to discover and unlock, you may get frustrated.

Through practice you'll get to know the different enemies, which will help you get better at surviving regardless of what random items you acquire. If you get an item and can't tell what it does, don't feel bad about looking it up. I'd just avoid studying up on the game in advance.

Isomac

So far feels like the game is good improvement over the original. Too bad I am not enjoying the musics at all so far.

2nd run, on the second floor. I got a devil room and picked up the Pact and a Little Brimstone baby which is amazing. Also got a Mom's Pill Bottle with some great pills. Looks like this'll be my first win haha.

Therion

it works, but minutes later, the same bug happens :/ guess i'm waiting for a fix.
Yeah, seems pretty random. I've played for 20 minutes without a problem, and I've had it freeze again 5 seconds after fixing it. Definitely too frustrating to play at the moment.

Stoze

No release on PSN yet? Does it just appear under new games or do I have to search for it?

I've never downloaded PS+ games the day they come up.

Obscura

After accidentally playing my first few runs on hard I switched to normal and beat Mom. Fuck. Yes.

Loving the few additions I've seen so far. Extended rooms are great.

Definitely plays a lot smoother on my computer but I have no idea what half the items I get do, like the ones that go in the bottom left of the screen

They seem to be rare but they certainly are there. On my first run I got Left Hand (from Ultra Pride) and after that two more, maybe that unlocks it?
Gas Penny which I assume releases gas after picking up a penny and something like errr, Petrified Poop? No idea

[Items]
Tiny Planet is weird, I don't know if it's synergy but I basically have to shoot backwards to hit stuff, nice twist.

Ah sorry, I wasn't clear :p
I meant drop as in, remove. There was a preview of the game a few months ago showing that you could now drop trinkets (excluding the Tick of course), but 'ctrl' isn't working.

I haven't gotten
tiny planet
yet, but it looks insane.

Oh my god I'm having a fucking ball. Second run and I've hit like, 5 items I have NO IDEA what they do and can't tell from my stat page or just...in general. Specifically one new devil room item that's...flavor text leaves me a tad worried.

The changes to this game are insane. I'm adoring it.

Tainted

First thing I noticed is that the key binds have changed a little. The Bomb key is now 'E' instead of Shift

A bit weird for me as I keep hitting shift to lay a bomb. Any way to change the key binds ?

Also, any other key changes from the original ?

CassSept

I think Isaac is a tad too slow at start. I think the game is far more fun once you get at least one speed power-up.

Ah sorry, I wasn't clear :p
I meant drop as in, remove. There was a preview of the game a few months ago showing that you could now drop trinkets (excluding the Tick of course), but 'ctrl' isn't working.

I haven't gotten
tiny planet
yet, but it looks insane.

Fun but I died at Depths II on my second run in one of the worst ways possible.
I had fraction of the health left with tarot card that spawns two hearts in the Curse Room and blocked my exit with a bomb ARGH

First of a million dumb ways to die in Rebirth achieved. Hooray. I wished I could check it in the Womb :(

Edit: Holy crap [items]
Headless Baby, now that's a gruesome familiar

Top Bottom