• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

Stoze

Definitely plays a lot smoother on my computer but I have no idea what half the items I get do, like the ones that go in the bottom left of the screen

Those are trinkets. They generally have a hard to notice passive effect, like a better chance or hearts dropping from enemies or a 10% of firing a poisonous shot. Those ones are pretty damn hard to figure out, but at the same time they don't change up the gameplay much.

A lot the fun is figuring out the items, but if you get the same one a few times and still have no clue what it does, then there's no harm in looking it up imo.

NotLiquid

what are the chances for the devil/angel rooms to appear?

The normal circumstances involve things like beating a boss without taking damage, possessing a certain item correspondent to the devil and such.

Also the Devil Room has introduced a new pick up - Black Hearts. They act similar to Soul Hearts, except when they're depleted, they cause damage to all enemies in the room.

So, uh... i'm kinda new to the Isaac and have a question or two.

This is "try to learn" or is there any tips or something ingame?
Anything lasts from run to run? I mean, like upgrades or something.
And why do I donate?

you just learn as you go.
and no.
donate? you mean like blood drive, pan handlers or coin machines and stuff?

Shinjica

The game's resolution is set to your native resolution when fullscreen but when in window mode you can manually stretch the window. It's not going to increase the visual fidelity since this is all sprites and it's still going to size up everything, but the good thing about the game being rendered in sprites is that it still looks good in most sizes.

Well, the first one looked much better than this

Ferrio

Banned
Beat mom after 3 attempts. Had some royally bad runs, like first one was against some poop boss that was like an even worse gurdy junior.

3rd run I got brimstone and it was over. Damn brimstone feels a lot more enjoyable in t his.

microfolk

First run in hard mode, dead at mother.
Now I'm going to try a run in normal mode just for the sake of it and then I'll stick to hard mode, I don't know exactly what it changes but what I've played pleased me greatly in terms of difficulty, even though initially it felt like the game was giving me terrible items on purpose (usable poop item in the first item room, no power up items\pills whatsoever and so on)

CassSept

Is it just me or on normal it's way easier than the original?

Certainly feels that way but remember that the original game got much harder as you progressed, even early on.

Beat mom after 3 attempts. Had some royally bad runs, like first one was against some poop boss that was like an even worse gurdy junior.

3rd run I got brimstone and it was over. Damn brimstone feels a lot more enjoyable in t his.

Yeah the poop boss is quite hard. The Gate is a major mofo though, it's a miracle I survived the fight.

Kalor

It's amazing that the peak amount of players for the original game was 12,295 and this one has quadrupled that already with 65,836 players. Of course that can be explained with the game increasing in popularity and more attention around its release. But it is still cool to see that it has done well.

Bsigg12

Brimstone seems stronger. I almost think they buffed it to account for Brimsnapping being gone.

Unfortunately this isn't my type of game. But if downloading this will support the team you best believe I will today after psn updates.

Nillansan

I am so ready to dive in!

RH5XD9h.png

Unlocking all the achievements in the original was so much fun.

Con_Smith

Banned
Anyone else having log in issues on Vita? Can't get my store to load and have been trying to connect for the past 5 min. I know my connection is good because I'm getting chat notifications but outside of that nothing. Maybe the store is updating?

Ferrio

Banned
Also fighting two geminis with base speed SUCKED. I thought I'd get double items... nope a bible. Thanks game.

ominator

Neo Member
first run: killed mom as fire-shooting kanye-jesus with >70 coins

my impression:
don't like the map, making it bigger with select/back doen'st really help, also it sometime covers enemies.
and I'm not really happy with the graphics. the womb was really annoying with its effect.

otherwise I really like it and I'm sure I will play it a lot.

Puru

Managed to go up to 40 fps thanks to a simple tweak. Killed Mom on the first run with ease, everything died so fast, i can't tell if i was op or if the game is easier (i remember it got harder at one point in the original, long time though so i'm not sure).
Well one new item i got from the divine room clearly was op and is already a favorite of mine
A shield that block every projectile in front of you, i was almost invincible
but still, everything died so fast.

Not a fan of the catacomb music, it's pretty boring, the basement music though is really good.

Also the ability to stop a game and start at the same point later on is pretty good.

I'm actually starting to wonder if the game isn't in slow mo or something, some stuff seems to move far slower than in the original.

iiicon

Grabbed this on Steam even though I have PS+. I put hundreds of hours into the original, which I bought at launch, and it doesn't feel right getting a game I love so much without paying anything. I've only had one run so far, but it's great. This thing runs so smooth, even on my laptop. This might actually be a negative though as the frame rate tanking was a great way to clear certain rooms =P

I'm not quite sold on this music yet. The music in the original is iconic; it's burned into my brain. That's probably why the change in tone and style is so drastic. There's no point in competing with the original so it's better to go for something new.

Kalor

Does anyone know what the
rainbow poop
does?

I am really enjoying not knowing what everything does, it will be interesting to see what the later unlocks are like.

after the first 80 hours or so of the original I ended up turning the music off anyway. Also just remembered I never got Platinum god because the achievements are bugged. I think I'm 2 away.

hurry up, PSN.

Some of these new enemies and bosses are gonna take some serious new skills on my part to beat. The champion version of
those floating sphincter thingies that fires 6 homing shots every time you hit it?
. Jesus Christ, I haven't been able to beat a room with one without taking damage.

The new huge rooms, the new enemies, the new items, the new everything. I even love the aesthetic style.

Item spoiler:
What the fuck does the goat head do?!?! Oh god I want to know, didn't show anything happening during my run. Aries and Midas Touch on the other hand...whoo boy, enemies better not touch me.

Kinsei

Banned
First time player here and I'm not sure what's new or not so I'll spoiler tag everything just in case.

Boomerang Tears + Brimstone + Infestation 2 is amazing. It's like playing a bullet hell shooter where you're the boss!

This game is amazing.

Grief.exe

First time player here and I'm not sure what's new or not so I'll spoiler tag everything just in case.

Boomerang Tears + Brimstone + Infestation 2 is amazing. It's like playing a bullet hell shooter where you're the boss!

This game is amazing.

Never pick up my reflection.

It's not a good item, but kills so many potential synergies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Just had my first Mom kill! Awesome. I managed to unlock the
Lord of the Flies
achievement too, which I wasn't expecting. Awesome so far. On a previous run I also managed to get
Technology 2 and Three Dollar Bill,
which was a pretty awesome combination, haha.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
sweet, the madcatz TE works as a charm after setting it up manually in-game! :D

Picked up
Deal with the Devil something something Raiments and all it said was "Sin is up". This and the Goat Head are confusing me, also randomly during rooms I start flashing rainbow colors and can't shoot.
Whaaaaat is happening to meeeeeeeee?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Man, the Horse is such a great item. Just beat
Mom's Heart
for the first time. Definitely moving along much faster.
So good to play the game with a controller

Top Bottom